The Ornament Cupcakes In The Wilton Contest!!!!

Decorating By mnmmommy Updated 1 Dec 2006 , 3:45pm by RisqueBusiness

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:10pm
post #91 of 113

that site was so cute i wanted to make each thing more than the next just for fun or kids christmas parties. icon_biggrin.gif

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 8:57pm
post #92 of 113

thanks guys!!!

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 4:05pm
post #93 of 113

I think I just found my Christmas presents for the aunts this year.

I Love It!!! Great idea from where ever it may have come.

Thanks to all of the front runners for the instructions and tips.

But I do have one ? that I may have missed the answer.

How many coats of chocolate?

Thanks again

p.s. just had a thought of putting mini truffles inside before you seal.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 4:28pm
post #94 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSnackCake

OMG now my secret is out! Well its not really my secret to keep. (Its more like, "Dang it somebody else found out. Now I have to do something new"). I have been making these for quite some time now. No one had heard of these things before, so I was like "Hey I'll be the only one around here who makes these, Hahaaaaa". As long as someone doesnt show up to my Christmas or New Years party with them im fine.

do you have any photos of the ones you've done??? I'd love to see how they compare to the ones in the wilton contest. Do you put them on cupcakes or just make the chocolate ornaments?

Ladivacrj Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 5:18pm
post #95 of 113

DUH!!! Just read the instructions with the ornaments filled with truffles.

Good to know I'm on the right track.

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 5:43pm
post #96 of 113

I've made the halves for these ornaments and the chocolate candy from molds to go in it. Now I just have to seal them together and decorate with luster dust. icon_smile.gif

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 11:00pm
post #97 of 113

For you guys that plan on making these...do you plan to do just the ornaments, or the ornaments on top of the cupcakes?? I'm just thinking the ornaments on top of cupcakes is A LOT of cake!! I want to make these this weekend for an open house event.

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 11:17pm
post #98 of 113

here is the idea.How about making the mold out of chocolate(hollow)and than fill it with the combination of oreo cookie and 8 oz bar of cream cheese,mix it all together and than fill the chocolate mold.The cupcake(bottom)part I would make chocolate or chocolate fudge also so it goes together.That way you got cake all trough.Than I would go the rest of the way with the fondant and luster dust.Just an idea.If Im talking too much just tell me to shut up and I shall obey,lol.Good luck everyone with these.

THESUGARCOW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THESUGARCOW Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 12:20am
post #99 of 113

icon_biggrin.gif

i just wanted to share that i was shopping in big lots and they have almost the same kind of thing to put candy o whatever small in this containers...like the ornament ball in michaels?
well they have santa a choo choo train...snowman nutcraker...for 50cents
so i bought them to see if i can use them with jello or chocolate.. icon_confused.gif ?
just wanted to share...if u are interested icon_wink.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:40am
post #100 of 113

Hey ladies... need some help over here

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=508890#508890

some doubts on how to make the ornaments. Anybody, please?

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:49am
post #101 of 113

I posted how I made mine here...

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53115.html

I did not use chocolate.

HTH

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:14pm
post #102 of 113

OK now i am getting really confused icon_cry.gif This forum started out talking about the beautiful ornament cupcakes covered in fondant with luster dust on them right? Then someone mentioned making chocolate ornaments using a mold they got at Michaels. Is that right?

I just went to Michael's and my kids were driving me nuts icon_cry.gif so I couldn't think straight. I didn't see any ornament molds by the chocolate. On the way out I did see a plastic ornament but it had bath confetti in it. Is that what this person used icon_confused.gif I am sorry I can't even remember who showed us the chocolate ornament at this point icon_redface.gif I bought 2 since they were only 99 cents.

Am I on the right track here? If I do manage to make the chocolate mold ornaments how do I fuse the 2 pieces together w/o it looking messy. Anyone?

I am sorry I am just getting so confused now dunce.gif

Ladivacrj Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:55pm
post #103 of 113

SueW:

It is starting to get a little confusing.

It started as a cupcake thing and everyone trying to figure out how it was done and went into a chocolate thing.

I did the same thing last night, I went to the local craft store and found the clear 80mm ornanment shells and used the chocolate.

I love it, they are going to be my christmas presents for the fam and co-workers this year.

I am just on the shells at this point so it should be an adventure.

I am going to fill them with chocolate truffle but I think it is a little early to make them.

As for fusing the edges, my plan is to heat a non-stick pan and slightly touch the edge of the unfilled side and place them together until the chocolate cools.

Hopefully this is going to work.

If anyone has so more tips and tricks I need all the help I can get.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 8:08pm
post #104 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW

OK now i am getting really confused icon_cry.gif This forum started out talking about the beautiful ornament cupcakes covered in fondant with luster dust on them right? Then someone mentioned making chocolate ornaments using a mold they got at Michaels. Is that right?

I just went to Michael's and my kids were driving me nuts icon_cry.gif so I couldn't think straight. I didn't see any ornament molds by the chocolate. On the way out I did see a plastic ornament but it had bath confetti in it. Is that what this person used icon_confused.gif I am sorry I can't even remember who showed us the chocolate ornament at this point icon_redface.gif I bought 2 since they were only 99 cents.

Am I on the right track here? If I do manage to make the chocolate mold ornaments how do I fuse the 2 pieces together w/o it looking messy. Anyone?

I am sorry I am just getting so confused now dunce.gif

Yes it did start as a cup cake thing and maybe we should start another thread for the chocolate ornaments.

But if you have a michael;s they are clear ornaments(2 piece) and they snap together. i paint the inside of the ornament 2 or 3 times and then the last time I really slop it on the ends so when you push it closed the chocolate from both side will touch and fuse.....If you need a photo of what you should be looking for let me know I will take a picture for ya!

HTH

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 8:20pm
post #105 of 113

so for people who are filling these chocolate ornaments . . . how do you do that?

and completely off the subject, with all of the baking everyone does to begin with (for customers, etc . . . ) how do you find time to bake for family and friends as gifts? I'm trying to figure out how in the heck I am going to have time to make a nice cookie platter for my hubby's office, little cookie baskets for all of our family (there are many) and then friends. And I don't even have a customer base as it is! I only bake for family and friends and I'm having a hard time budgeting my time. How will you all do it???

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 9:24pm
post #106 of 113

SueW... don't know if this has been answered but, you can find the clear plastic ornaments on the isle with the ready to finish woods and paper mache....

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 9:49pm
post #107 of 113

[quote="Ladivacrj"]SueW:

It is starting to get a little confusing.

It started as a cupcake thing and everyone trying to figure out how it was done and went into a chocolate thing.

For some of us, it's going to be a BLEND. I'm making cupcakes underneath, with a nice swirl of buttercream on top...then I'm topping with a molded chocolate half-ornament. So, mine will be both cupcake AND chocolate.

SueW Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 9:50pm
post #108 of 113

Thanks for the clarification everyone. I guess I am getting stressed because I want to try the cupcakes AND the chocolate and I didn't know where to start.

cocorum21- If you don't mind posting a picture I would be SOOOO greatful. I always have my 1 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old with me so when I got into a store it is a mad dash to get what I am looking for and leave before they rip the store apart icon_rolleyes.gif

If anyone has a picture of a completed ornament (chocolate or cupcake) I'd LOVE to see those too.

I still have to order luster dust, I hope I can get it FAST.

Thanks all

SueW Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 9:56pm
post #109 of 113

Oh thanks missnnaction now I will know exactly where to look. I was so desperate I grabbed a plastic ornament type thing that had confetti in it icon_confused.gif just to have something to try.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:53pm
post #110 of 113

SueW, I'd be glad to post photos of what I used. If I have enough time I will post directions too. But I will start a new thread since this has gotten confusing.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 5:37am
post #111 of 113

I think it went from cupcake to chocolate because someone suggested to use one of the 1/2 to place on top of their cupcake to make the cupcake look like an ornament..lol

Ladivacrj Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 2:03pm
post #112 of 113

I started a thread for the Chocolate Ornaments.

I started them and so far so good. I have posted a pic of the shells I have completed thus far.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53734-.html

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:45pm
post #113 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladivacrj

I started a thread for the Chocolate Ornaments.

I started them and so far so good. I have posted a pic of the shells I have completed thus far.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53734-.html

I saw them.veeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%