Whoo Hooo, I Did It! Here's My Sisters Cake....

Decorating By hsmomma Updated 21 Aug 2007 , 8:27pm by Ginnycakes3

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:15pm
post #31 of 94

Wow, wonderful job, great piping job.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:27pm
post #32 of 94

Spectacular - would love to see some close-ups of your stringwork!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:47pm
post #33 of 94

That is GORGEOUS!!!

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:03pm
post #34 of 94

Thanks everybody!!
You can't even begin to imagine what your comments did for my confidence!
I'm getting ready for my first Bridal Show next month ~ so I needed it! Thanks again!! You're the best.

BTW...I'll post upclose pictures of the work (some of you asked) when I get a chance to figure out how to zoom in.

dupart30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dupart30 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:06pm
post #35 of 94

wow that is beautiful

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:48pm
post #36 of 94

LOVE ITTTTTT !!! The cake is beautiful!!!! I am glad that it is over...you did a wonderful job and desire a vacation! I don't know what I would have charged but it would have be nice price!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 7:31pm
post #37 of 94

awesome cake!!! WOW my eyes completely popped out of my head and on to the floor!!!! Beautifully done, and you would of never known you were doing anything new!!! What a pro!

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:10pm
post #38 of 94

WOW!!!!!!!!!!What a beautiful thing for your sister..........dream wedding I would say, this looks like something right out of a bridal magazine.........AMAZINGLY DONE!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:29pm
post #39 of 94

Your cake is incredible!! Great job!

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:34pm
post #40 of 94

Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would love to be your sister! Congrats on a job very well done!!!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:35pm
post #41 of 94

WOW!!! FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!! GREAT JOB! It's HUGE! The work is exquisite! Congrats!

lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm
post #42 of 94

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif OMG what a gorgeous cake!!!!!
I love it, I love it I love it......
Stunning!
beautiful!
Flawless!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:42pm
post #43 of 94

Your cake is beautiful. You should be proud of yourself.

Lauralee915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauralee915 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:42pm
post #44 of 94

Stunning. Absolutely stunning! You'll do very well at the bridal show. thumbs_up.gif

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:47pm
post #45 of 94

breathtaking, I am speechless and that never happens, you are incredibly talented,

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:51pm
post #46 of 94

I am speechless except to say that is absolutely gorgeous!

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:52pm
post #47 of 94

WOW!!!! What else can I say but WOW!!!!!!!! "Simply amazing" works too I guess icon_biggrin.gif You're a trooper for sure after all of that. Give youreslf a pat on the back from me because your cake is lovely. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:53pm
post #48 of 94

WHEN YOU START ON PRICING FOR CAKES YES..YOU START AT 2.50 FOR BUTTERCREAM..3.50 FOR FONDANT...bUT THAT IS FOR SIMPLE CAKES...THEN U ADD FOR COLOR AND SHAPE AND DESIGN...THE INCREMENTS ARE DONE PER SLICE..AND THEN U CHARGE FOR A DELIVERY FEE.. EVEN DUMMIES GET CHARGE THAT WAY CAUSE THE WORK U PUT INTO THEM IS JUST AS MUCH

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:53pm
post #49 of 94

WHEN YOU START ON PRICING FOR CAKES YES..YOU START AT 2.50 FOR BUTTERCREAM..3.50 FOR FONDANT...bUT THAT IS FOR SIMPLE CAKES...THEN U ADD FOR COLOR AND SHAPE AND DESIGN...THE INCREMENTS ARE DONE PER SLICE..AND THEN U CHARGE FOR A DELIVERY FEE.. EVEN DUMMIES GET CHARGE THAT WAY CAUSE THE WORK U PUT INTO THEM IS JUST AS MUCH

felecia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
felecia Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:54pm
post #50 of 94

Now thats what you call love for family!!!

Shaela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaela Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:59pm
post #51 of 94

I too remember the thread from last week... I am so happy it turned out so well!!! I hope your sister loved it!! It's a stunner!!!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #52 of 94

Unbelievable, what an amazing cake! I, too, am speachless!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:07pm
post #53 of 94

You did a fantastic job. Your sister is very blessed to have you for a sister. I take my hat off to you.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:08pm
post #54 of 94

CONGRATULATIONS! Your cake turned out beautiful! You should be sooo proud! I would think this cake would be priced in the thousands! Your sister should be thrilled to have someone like you in her life! She will never forget this!

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:18pm
post #55 of 94

WHAT?!?! Your FIRST time with royal and stringwork?? Ai yi yi!! Gorgeous and amazing... and such a wonderful gesture, your sister is very lucky to have someone like you!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:43pm
post #56 of 94

This is gorgeous! I hope your mother and sister raved to you about it after all the hassle they gave you!!!

As for pricing, I agree with a number of other posters, well over a $1000.00. I too, have heard you should charge for dummies the same as for a tier of cake because of the decorating involved. According to Earlene's chart this would serve 368 and according to Wilton 430, so if you took the average it would be 399. At $7.00 a serving (accounting for fondant, royal icing, string work, etc., anotherwords, a highly complex cake), this means this cake should run $2793.00. Even at the ridiculously low price of $3.50 a serving as someone suggested, this cake would have run $1396.50.

And just on a personal note, you executed this cake so well I would hope you would charge the higher price! Please put a gorgeous photo, perhaps from teh wedding photographer on your website or in your portfolio!!

Kathi

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:55pm
post #57 of 94

As joey Lawrance used to say on the 80s show--I am showing my age--"Whoa!".

Great job!!!!Simply georgeous!!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:58pm
post #58 of 94

I cannot agree more with the other posters. For your 1st tries w/techniques/mediumns the work is fantastic, wonderful, beautiful, awesome, terrificicon_smile.gif

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:00pm
post #59 of 94

WOW, wow and wow. I am just speechless. This has got to be the most beautifulist (is that a word?) cake I have ever seen. I am just totally in shock. I can't believe it's your first string work. You must be on cloud 9. I bet the cake looked better then the bride did. And I bet there was a lot of tongue wagging about how gorgeous that cake was. Oh my.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:01pm
post #60 of 94

WOW, wow and wow. I am just speechless. This has got to be the most beautifulist (is that a word?) cake I have ever seen. I am just totally in shock. I can't believe it's your first string work. You must be on cloud 9. I bet the cake looked better then the bride did. And I bet there was a lot of tongue wagging about how gorgeous that cake was. Oh my.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%