campinsp Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 11:24pm
post #62 of 161

San Antonio here. well actually Windcrest but San Antonio works. icon_smile.gif

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 11:58pm
post #63 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by makincakeintx

MCOOK heres a funny story. Our extended family always camped alot from the time my sister was small, she is a few years older than I am and this continued till my fathers death when I was 19. One time when I was about 10 or 12 I remember my grandmother saying I was a creekbank baby... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I did not understand until years later what she meant. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

So you are correct...spring flowers do cause spring fever. Happy to have another DEC TEXAN on the board!!!!!

Hope this isn't to risque for the general public if so please accept my appoligies!!! icon_redface.gif

Mel,

That is hilarious!! I have a younger brother who's birthday is Dec. 28 and the next brother's birthday is Jan.7th--one year and one week apart!! My parents had "the fever" bad- icon_redface.gif

....to change the subject icon_lol.gif , do those shops in Houston have websites??

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:04am
post #64 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGL

I'm in Houston --- Braes Heights area (between Med Center and Bellaire)

I love Make-a-Cake because they are so nice. Amazing Cakes around the corners has a lot as well. And I started drooling when I went to the Sugar Land store. . . Cake Craft? Can't remember the name.

icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecraftshoppe.com/contactus.asp
This one?

I have not been yet but quite a few people say they have some great stuff.

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:09am
post #65 of 161

Hi MCook,

They do have websites:

makeacakehouston.com

cakecraftshoppe.com

amazingcakesupplies.com

MissJ

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #66 of 161

I live in Katy, outside of Houston.

The 3 stores that I know of have already been mentioned, in order of my favorites...

Cake Craft Shoppe
Amazing Cakes
Make a Cake

I've never had a problem with Cake Craft Shoppe. They have fabulous classes there. I've taken classes there from Nicholas Lodge, Earlene Moore and the owner, Sheila Brooks. I took her gum paste flower class. She has always been incredibly friendly and helpful. One time while browsing, I mentioned that I had a particular daisy cutter that I could not figure out how to use and she pulled one off the shelf, opened it up and proceeded to show me how to use it. Now THAT's customer service!

And funny story about Make A Cake, before my cake days, when I was a teenager (25 years ago!), my best friend's boyfriend played in a band that practiced in the back of this store where one of the other guys, Dave, worked. When I got into cake decorating several years ago I went to the store, and Dave STILL worked there, as manager! LOL! He's gone now, though, since the owner's family has taken over management.

That's when Amazing Cakes opened. I guess because I knew Dave, I give them most of my business. They hired him as manager. It didn't seem to work out, though, as he is now gone. I wonder what he's doing...

Anyway.....looong winded post from a Proud Texan!

Pacilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pacilla Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:10am
post #67 of 161

Hi, McCook, I'm from Waco. We're neighbors.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:19am
post #68 of 161

Its good to know the other tx decorators here, im always looking for someone to refer to when i get enquiries out of my area. Im located near Denton, north of DFW, if any of you are within 75 - 200 miles i would love to have your email address so i can refer customers to you.

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:20am
post #69 of 161

I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas. The sparkling city by the sea! I see almost everyone is further up north. Just a few of us down here in Deep South Texas.

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:33pm
post #70 of 161

the two cake stores in this area are Cake Carousel in Richardson and Cakes Amore in Plano (located at Spring Creek/Central Expressway). Although it's a smaller store with smaller inventory they have great customer service!

Cakes4MBL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes4MBL Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:28am
post #71 of 161

Hey yall, I'm from central Texas! Kind of close to melvin01, Tabbee and Kelleym, except across I-35 in Taylor. Kelleym, I saw one of your cakes said Cotton Club wedding cake...the one in Granger?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:32am
post #72 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes4MBL

Hey yall, I'm from central Texas! Kind of close to melvin01, Tabbee and Kelleym, except across I-35 in Taylor. Kelleym, I saw one of your cakes said Cotton Club wedding cake...the one in Granger?

LOL, yes I did a wedding out there in January. I agreed to deliver it for free before I realized how far it was. Oy! I don't make that mistake any more. icon_lol.gif

Cakes4MBL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes4MBL Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:41am
post #73 of 161

I thought that background looked familiar! Yeah, a little ways from Lakeline. (And everything else as far as that goes!)

pastrypantry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypantry Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:43am
post #74 of 161

Hi there! I am from Borger, TX...that is about 1 hour away from Amarillo! No one else near here? Just curious!

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:53am
post #75 of 161

I'm in Hewitt, between Lorena & Waco. Both of my B-I-Ls & their families live in Lorena.
I've been doing cakes for a little over a year. I wish we had a cake club around here. I love doing cakes for fun, but I don't think I'd want to do them all the time for a business...then it'd be "work" and not "fun".

chebean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chebean Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:59am
post #76 of 161

hey, y'all! i'm in far north dallas! about 45 minutes away from the OK border! we live across from Lake Lewisville and loving how the water looks.

would love to talk cake!! when and where are we meeting?: icon_lol.gif

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:12am
post #77 of 161

I'm in Spring right outside of Houston. I just moved here from Galveston (yes I'm an island GIRL!!!)

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:14am
post #78 of 161

Hi.
I am also from McKinney. I would love to get together with all of you icon_lol.gif . I would also like to visit the Sugarwonders cake club! Srod911 and I have had several classes together! We are lots of fun (we think we are anyway icon_cool.gif ).

valenzrp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valenzrp Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:23am
post #79 of 161

Hi,
I currently live in Garland, but lived in Killeen, TX for 5 years that is where I got hooked on cake decorating. took my first decorating classes at Hobby Lobby. I am now a frequent shopper at Cake Carousel and have taken a class there before.

rx5435 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rx5435 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:42am
post #80 of 161

Hi,

I live just north of San Antonio in the wonderful city of Schertz. Previously in Taylor (down by Austin) before coming here 7 years ago. Love this site.

baybeemars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baybeemars Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 7:25am
post #81 of 161

hi there ladies
my name is Martha and im new to the site and wanted to say hi from SOUTH TEXAS! lol
i am in Brownsville tx and i think im the only one around here... everyone else is atleast 3hrs away from me...
im barely getting into the whole cake decorating thing.... id love to learn what so many of you know and its gonna be hard, bc i dont have the patience nor the talent!
i cant wait to get ot know many of you in here... and on another note... im also a december baby!! lol im december 28th!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:01pm
post #82 of 161

I'm an East Texas girl myself. Tyler to be exact. icon_smile.gif

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:12pm
post #83 of 161

I'm about 45 minutes north of Dallas...just on the good side of the Oklahoma border!! icon_smile.gif

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:20pm
post #84 of 161

Helllllllllo Texans!

I'm originally from San Antonio (Windcrest...hello Campinsp!) and now in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas.

I'm also a Cake Carousel fanatic...we should ask them to have our get together!

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 5:15pm
post #85 of 161

Hi ladies icon_smile.gif I live in West Texas, out in the country near a town called Abilene. I am a beginner.....with cakes, but I have been doing cupcakes for awhile now & love every aspect of decorating and learning new things!

shivs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shivs Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 8:33pm
post #86 of 161

I love this thread and my fellow Texans! I live in Denver City. About an hour from Lubbock.

Tabbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabbee Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 10:06pm
post #87 of 161

I like kwdonlon's idea of a get together at Cake Carousel!

Does anyone know if they'd go for it?

Tasty Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tasty Cakes Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 1:38am
post #88 of 161

I'm in Mesquite!!

LGL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LGL Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:29pm
post #89 of 161

In Houston, Amazin' Cakes and Make-a-Cake are literally around the corner from each other. I usually stop by both, just to see what I "need".

icon_smile.gif

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:38pm
post #90 of 161

not so Martha (aka baybeemars) i'm only 45 min- 1 hr away in mcallen.

yesss another south texas baker! hey yal i'm chris, i live in mcallen right now; crossing my finger that by next summer i'll be in san antonio or austin. i <3 cc, spend all my free time here. people here are so nice and encouraging! if anyone wants to chat let me know i'm always up for talking!

chris icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%