Im Outta Here

Lounge By SweetThistleCakes Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 1:00pm by mbelgard

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 56

You know, it's amazing that with all the time that I have spent here at CC how much you can really learn from your fellow cake decorators. What amazes me even more is that some people just have no tact or class when it comes to other people's work. If people need to go make assumptions that I have falsely entered photo's in the gallery that were anything but REAL or my own work, well then made your insecurity has gotten the better of you. There's no way I can truly prove that my two latest cakes were in such "real" other than ask my partner who helped me to come on CC. Perhaps I can ask my two customers to write me letters stating that after cutting into my cake, there was no made in China sticker on the frosting. After some nasty comments/PM's I think it is time I hang up my apron here. So happy baking to you all! thumbs_up.gif

55 replies
sami21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sami21 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 56

Anybody know what happened here?

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 56

I'm not sure what is going on here. I must have missed something. But, if for any reason you are not happy while posting on a forum then I wouldn't come back. Life is to short to be upset.

Cake decorating is fun. Talk about it and learning more stuff is fun. If you are not having fun then I think you are right to stop.

I hope you feel better soon and decide to keep baking and having fun.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 56

I think your wrong to leave just because some people are jealous and cant accept that others can and do have creative talents. Dont let their imaturity or jealousy get to you Just ignore them and like a bad dream they will go away. No doubt that they will go bother some one else. Maybe they were hoping that by insulting you that you would leave dont give them that satisfaction. If you enjoy your time here then please stay. We are very very many here dont lump us all in the same pot .

ceolivari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceolivari Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 56

I'm wondering the same thing! I'm so sorry for rude comments made by people about your cakes. I'm new here and I've read people praising your cakes. Don't let someone run you away from what you thought/think is a great site.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 56

I am so sorry that people were ugly to you, I know there are a couple of bad apples here but don't let that spoil it for you, the silent majority is with you! Your work is amazing and we can learn from you by your example and fabulous cakes. Best of luck thumbs_up.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 56

Personally just ignore them. You can show off your cakes like everyone else. Don't know what happened and I know it's hard to ignore people being rude and maybe jealous??? Maybe you can just click delete to the pm's or emails and don't give them the time of the day. Just a thought. icon_smile.gif

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 56

Oh no! Were you talking about those two cakes you posted this morning? I loved them! I had them saved but now they are gone. Did you remove them?

They were beautiful! They did look very real and I can see some people not thinking they were real but that doesn't mean they weren't. Some people make flowers and things that look so real one would swear they were fake.

Some people can make such beautiful works of art that blow people away.

If that was you, please repost them. Don't go away. Your work was beautiful.

Joanne

kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:08pm
post #9 of 56

Its so crazy that people that are jealous and insecure wththere own creations find time to doubt or criticize others.I've seen your website and I'm impressed I'm not as talanted as half of the decorators on this site but someday with the help and "mentoring" of the people here I hope to get there.You are amazing and if you allow a few haters to get under your skin then you have just "handed them the game".Shake them off and continue baking.....

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:11pm
post #10 of 56

I to am very sorry to see you leave. That is innapropriate to accuse anyone of falsifying their work. I know you can block peoples names from being able to PM you. Have you tried to do that? I hope you decide to stay and not let them get the better of you. If your final decision is to leave, I know you, and your talent will be missed.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:13pm
post #11 of 56

i am so sorry that people were rude to you. i agree with the posts that say that the people are clearly jealous and that they want you to leave and i agree you should stay. you do not have to prove anything to those people. you will just be insiring to us others who appreciate everyone good works. please dont go unless you are kicked by mods and if you stick to the rules you shouldnt get kicked. icon_smile.gif dont go. and who said these things.....let me at them...icon_smile.gif hold me back hold me back. icon_smile.gif thats a little thing my brother and sister do..play like we trying to get at someone and the other holding us back. icon_smile.gif hold me back. i hope you stay.

IGNORE the RUDE members.

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:14pm
post #12 of 56

Not sure what went on but I would like you to stay you give good tips and ideas the same as others and if people dont like your stuff they dont have to look. Everyone needs to make this a pleasant site and keep it nice.

I have really enjoyed being on here and all the support and inspiration from everyone is really nice. Lets not let it become just another bickering site that gradually loses people Been on them and quit.Please stay its what you enjoy and noone should take that away.

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:23pm
post #13 of 56

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I find the people here very helpful and thier tips have greatly helped me.

frulund2600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frulund2600 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:28pm
post #14 of 56

Sorry to see you leave after a couple of bad experiencies. I saw your pics and the nasty comments. I think you could have defended yourself or explained how you made them.

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:34pm
post #15 of 56

Please give the rest of us (those who didn't have an opportunity to see your cakes) the chance to see your beautiful work. Judging by the photo remaining in your gallery, I can see that you are very talented. Please return and show those cakes again. Don't worry about what others think.

tporbz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tporbz Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:34pm
post #16 of 56

What happened? Oh please don't go, I really love your work and you've been such an inspiration...

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:36pm
post #17 of 56

How can you falsify cake??? Strange..

But if someone can tell me how, I can sure save myself a lot of Carpel Tunnerl pain!

Please come back!!!!!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:39pm
post #18 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by frulund2600

Sorry to see you leave after a couple of bad experiencies. I saw your pics and the nasty comments. I think you could have defended yourself or explained how you made them.

Sorry, no one should have to defend their work. If anyone has a problem with thinking that someone is posting pictures that are not theirs, they should take it up with Jackie or Heather and let them deal with it.

Who have we become? The CAKE POLICE?

MANY of us, myself included, copy or tweak other people's designs that we find appealing.

So, we shouldn't post those eighter??

Just my pennies worth! icon_razz.gif

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:40pm
post #19 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsgranny

I am so sorry that people were ugly to you, I know there are a couple of bad apples here but don't let that spoil it for you, the silent majority is with you! Your work is amazing and we can learn from you by your example and fabulous cakes. Best of luck thumbs_up.gif

what she said.
Moderatley silent (bad speller) majority, norma

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:43pm
post #20 of 56

I'm sorry someone was rude to you. I didn't see what took place but I hope you change your mind and stay here. (((HUG)))

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:44pm
post #21 of 56

Oh don't go! There are good and bad out there. I have no idea what was said but there are so many of those who are supportive. I have only been on the board for less than a month but most everyone has been so nice. I have had a couple who kind of rubbed me the wrong way but I just move on past it and read on to the ones who are truely trying to support.

If you do leave best of luck and hope you will come back!

frulund2600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frulund2600 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:46pm
post #22 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by frulund2600

Sorry, no one should have to defend their work. If anyone has a problem with thinking that someone is posting pictures that are not theirs, they should take it up with Jackie or Heather and let them deal with it.

Who have we become? The CAKE POLICE?

MANY of us, myself included, copy or tweak other people's designs that we find appealing.

So, we shouldn't post those eighter??

Just my pennies worth! icon_razz.gif

Sorry, that is not what I meant - I miss some words in my vocabulary icon_redface.gif The comments where really nasty and should not have been posted. Of course we shall post pictures of our work - all our work. Just don't let nasty comments get to you - wipe them off.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:47pm
post #23 of 56

No idea what happened, but I just wanted to say that you really helped me out with sorting the wheat from the chaff regarding my pricing explanation on my website and were so kind with other advice - I for one will be sad to see you go, but my 2cts is that if you do, you've let the few idiots that upset you win - be bigger and better than them and stay and continue to share your talent with those who appreciate them! I would love to see the cakes that got all this started, they sound a wonder to behold!

Jasra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasra Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:01pm
post #24 of 56

I have no idea what was said but please don't let a few bad apples chase you away. You are an incredible talet and would be a loss to this community. Perhaps a moderater should deal with those bad apples by taking away thier posting priviledges? I have no idea what was posted but if it was that bad then they shouldn't be allowed to post anymore.
Please reconsider.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:02pm
post #25 of 56

How very sad. I hope you are able to ignore, forgive, whatever, the insensitivity of others, and continue contributing to CakeCentral. We have enjoyed your work and assistance and had hoped for a very long relationship.

Hugs and Best Wishes no matter your decision.

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:07pm
post #26 of 56

I have no idea what happened but i am sorry to see you go. i wish you would think it over and stay.

aliekitn99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliekitn99 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:07pm
post #27 of 56

Please don't go. I don't think that you should let a few ugly people run you away. There are SO many more nice people here. You make gorgeous cakes and offer so much to CC. I have a couple of times seen where people made rude comments but they were quickly reeled in and scolded for treating another CC'er ugly. I hope you disregard and block the ones that PM'ed you and remain here. (((((((hugs))))))

Sincerely,
aliekitn99

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:08pm
post #28 of 56

Just out of curiosity is the post still up? I personally would love to see what happend and what was said by whom? It really may not be mine or anyone elses business but if we are going to lose such an incredible member we should know why.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:16pm
post #29 of 56

What the he!!? icon_confused.gif

I'm not in the loop here, don't know what's going on. dunce.gif

Where's all your cake pictures? Where's your web site link?

I'm completely lost.

Who said it? When did they say it? WHAT did they say?

I love your work. Sorry this happened.

--Knox--

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:18pm
post #30 of 56

You know I almost left for the same reason (not because of a personal attack) but because sometimes people just go after another cc'er.......its just silly. I really hope you have a change of heart like I did.....I took a couple of days off (away from cc) and came back....don't let them win! I didn't see the posts or the pics (must have been during my nap--baby didnt sleep well last night)....but I really think perhaps those individuals should be turned in probably to a moderator....

Please come back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%