Do I Dare Cross My Hairdresser?

Decorating By jsmith Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 4:48am by SweetTcakes

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:34pm
post #61 of 79

KoryAK: crossed-dresser! HA HA, didn't anyone else see that?? Or maybe we're the only Punny ones..... icon_lol.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:28pm
post #62 of 79

"I know you didn't ask me how to change hairdressers, but I'm chiming in anyway."

Sorry! Didn't mean to exclude anyone. I really appreciate all of your comments. I have an appointment with her tuesday so I am taking everyone's advice and not making another one. I'll give an update later.

I don't have kids yet so I guess now is a good time to practice. Debi, you scared the nice right out of me. icon_lol.gif

I like the crossed dresser idea. Now everytime I think of her I imagine that. icon_lol.gif

I agree,mamas, that this is partly my fault. That was one reason I was really going to try to do her cake one more time. But when I think how tough it would have been I get shivers just thinking about it.

Janell

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:40pm
post #63 of 79

Ask if you can borrow her shears...hair dressers are with their scissors like we are with our pans. icon_smile.gif Hope you figure out what to do. I'm sure there's a nice way to tell her you won't share your recipe, and hopefully she'll understand. Maybe print her out one from here?

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:41pm
post #64 of 79

OT I know I know, Hiya lalana, and welcome to c.c.
Yeah I went back n read that one post. Needless to say depends stock just went up LOL!!! Nice to meet a fellow caker from CO. BTW I live in Brush bout 90 miles east of denver.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:48pm
post #65 of 79

all i can say is dont P*** off the hairdresser...i apparently P***ed off the one i used to have...she had been doing my hair for like 6 years..i had always taken my family my family in and she cut their hair also....well she wasnt in when i tried to get my hair done and me and my family went in to another of her employees...well when i went back the next time to get my hair done she whacked my hair up so bad it wasnt funny..i walked out crying and never went back...i had to go to another beautician that my mom recommended and she looked at my hair and was like "OMG, WHAT DID SHE DO TO YOUR HAIR"?? my mom said "OMG, WHAT DID SHE DO TO YOUR HAIR"?? this hairdresser was the manager of the place..i tried to file complaints on her but the corporate didnt seem to care...my hair was short and all different kinda lengths and was just awful...i cried for weeks...again..beware of P***ing ur hairdresser off..they can come and get u

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:28am
post #66 of 79

Ok, I'm no math whiz, but if I've read this right, then:

"I pay for haircuts with cakes"+"she MAKES me come for haircuts"=more free cakes for her than I really want/need to make

So, if you get your hair cut less often, then she gets fewer cakes, right? If she determines the number of cuts, then, in effect, she determines the number of cakes to which she's entitled????

Personally, I don't like others to even have a nagging inkling that I "owe" them something--it just gives some of my power to them--so I'd get out of this relationship real fast.

Barter can be a great thing, but only when both parties are on the same page.

JMHO
Rae

jsmith Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:37am
post #67 of 79

Blake,
Exactly! Lately I feel like her cake slave. Another good reason to "break up" with her. Although, in all fairness to her, she may be on a hairdressers forum complaining about me. icon_lol.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:59am
post #68 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith

Although, in all fairness to her, she may be on a hairdressers forum complaining about me. icon_lol.gif

ROTFL!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:10am
post #69 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcopeland

Off the topic, I know but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Want me to come take care of it?? I've been told I've taken quite a "stance" since menopause.

bawwwahhahahaaaa

I used to have a t shirt that said "I have PMS and a gun"

That was about 10 years ago and I've really lightened up since then. Maybe menopause will make me mean again.

hehe i have a key chain that says "i have PMS and a gun, Excuse me- Did you have Something to say?!"

GenGen Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:12am
post #70 of 79

plus its one thing for this customer to know she can get a cake in 3 days... on a normal basis.. but this time the baker is booked. now knowing this- she can't expect same style cake- in 3 days.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:16am
post #71 of 79
Quote:

Want me to come take care of it?? I've been told I've taken quite a "stance" since menopause.

IndyDeb says...
You mean I'm gonna get worse than I am now when I hit menopause!! icon_surprised.gif
Look out!![/quote]

Deb...you will be gentle and caring and loving just like me....even keeled.....lmao.....

Teri

novacaine24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novacaine24 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:44am
post #72 of 79

I don't have kids yet so I guess now is a good time to practice. Debi, you scared the nice right out of me.

Quote:
Quote:

NOW I'm lmao! Debi seems to have this effect on people - that's why I wanna be just like her icon_twisted.gif

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:55am
post #73 of 79

[quote="Housemouse"]

Quote:
Quote:

Give her a generic recipe for cake and frosting (not your own) and let her find out for herself. Do not loan out your pans unless you know that she will treat them with absolute respect and not go stamping on them or flinging them out the window when it all goes tits up and and she finds it's not so simple after all!!!!

JMHO

lol
didnt even have to look at your location to know you are english lol

sorry off topic! please continue!

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:32am
post #74 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcopeland

Off the topic, I know but.....

Quote:

bawwwahhahahaaaa

I used to have a t shirt that said "I have PMS and a gun"

That was about 10 years ago and I've really lightened up since then. Maybe menopause will make me mean again.

hehe i have a key chain that says "i have PMS and a gun, Excuse me- Did you have Something to say?!"

hahahaha! I love it!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:37am
post #75 of 79

Letmebeurdesignr: you are the ONLY one who gets it... In the south, a gal is more afraid of her hairdresser than she is her momma! We have longer associations with our hairdresser than we have with our husbands! In the south, a gal does not just up and leave her hairdresser --she will hunt you down and guilt you into staying in a relationship that went bad 6 years before. You will suffer through bad perms, bad color jobs, and bad haircuts because you are afraid to leave. There should be shelter houses for us! No, no, in the south, you do not, never, never "cross" your hairdresser. You will give her cakes, Christmas gifts, and extra large tips just to keep from having a bad hair "month" and if she says you MUST get your hair trimmed up every six weeks, you say (meekly, and with eyes downcast) "yes, mam" (even if she's 10 years younger than you)and, by golly, you show up in six weeks for your trim... icon_cry.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:38am
post #76 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeRN

...you will be gentle and caring and loving just like me....even keeled.....lmao.....

Teri[/b]

As we say about hubby's brother .... "He's even tempered. He's mad ALL the time!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GenGen Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:52am
post #77 of 79

hehe no win.. up here in idaho we get it too. findinga new hairdresser here is like trying to find a new doctor.. its hard- their hard to find.. and you dont want to piss off either one of 'em! icon_biggrin.gif

jsmith Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 3:57am
post #78 of 79

Win,
I'm sorry to see you understand perfectly. icon_lol.gif We'll have to start a support group for victims of oppresive hairdresser relationships. You crack me up. icon_lol.gif

SweetTcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTcakes Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 4:48am
post #79 of 79

Ya'll are funny! I am a hair stylist and this topic kills me. Thankfully I am a mentally balanced stylist and would know that asking someone 3 days prior for a cake would be out of the question. I wouldn't be able to fit someone in for a hair appointment 3 days prior. She should know better. I myself have to prepare and research before I do a cake, 3 days is not enough time. When you both talked about it a while back, it should have been set in stone and pretty finalized back then.

Although, working in the salon industry, I worked with plenty of people that are flaky like your stylist. (I am sure she is not flaky when it comes to her work, just planning stuff outside of work might be a problem area for her) It has nothing to do with you, it's all them. Most hair stylist are a smidge off when it comes to being reliable. I could go on and on.

Anyhow, you should not worry about it. If anyone is to blame it is her.

I am sorry to hear that she makes you uncomfortable, that's not fair to you. You shouldn't let you hair dresser be so bossy either. You pay her. She should be asking you what you want.
And as far as the hair trims, you should trim every other time (at least) if you are trying to grow it long. And a trim should be 1/4 of an inch or less. You just basically need to tip the ends off. Nature damages the hair (dries it up, lightens it) if you don't take off the very tips after a while they will break off themselves. I will tell you that mother nature does not cut evenly. So it is better to have a professional do it for you. I am sure I am over stepping my boundries so I will hush up now.

But just a note, your hair stylist should appreciate you. You pay her bills...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%