Ka Purchase Poll - How Many Did We Buy & Where From?

Decorating By icantcook Updated 17 Aug 2007 , 6:04pm by icantcook

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 34

Just curious as to how many of us got a mixer during that $150 sale and details of the purchase. If you got more than one mixer, vote that many times. Don't post here how many you got, so no one gets picked on for hoarding icon_razz.gif This is my first poll posting, so if I need to change something, let me know!

Thanks for participating - it will be interesting to see the results!

33 replies
twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 34

Sorry I did not know you were asking about recent purchase. I have my 2 KA for a while now. One from KA.COM amd the other form Williams Somoma.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 34

I bought a total of 8! 2 pink ones from Bed Bath and beyond... price match... walked out of Lowe's with 2 a black onyx and silve metallic, and have 4 of the metallic series on back order icon_smile.gif

icantcook Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:15am
post #4 of 34

Hmm...can we only vote once? Anyone with any experience on polls?

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:05am
post #5 of 34

I bought one for each of my two sisters. First one, at Lowe's, out of the shelf. Second one, price match at Bed bath and Beyond.
My son's girlfriend, also bought one.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:13am
post #6 of 34

The poll only let me vote once. I special ordered/price matched one at BBB and then special ordered the Copper Metallic from Lowes....back ordered.

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:18am
post #7 of 34

oops I did the same thing as twindees. Sorry

bakenboi29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakenboi29 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:19am
post #8 of 34

I actually won mine through an auction on Ebay. My greatest ebay win so far! I won a brand new Artisian 5 quart kitchen aid model. New in the box unopened. Beautiful. Can't live without it. I've had it for a few months now almost a half a year. Just got it this year.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:24am
post #9 of 34

I bought mine at Costco for $269. Not a bargain like you guys got but I love it. It's red and I call it Big Red.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:29am
post #10 of 34

Well I voted on the backordered from Lowes but I haven't heard anyone say theirs would be Feb arriving! According to my phone call mine will be 6 months and that will be Feb. But I will wait patiently for the brushed nickel! icon_wink.gif

Linda

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:33am
post #11 of 34

I voted on the special order from Lowe's. I picked them ( 2) up the next week. I'm SO sorry for you guys that have to wait so long. But it'll be worth it thumbs_up.gif

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:44am
post #12 of 34

Santa brought me both of my KA lol
not sure where he got them from though i'm sure i could ask. 1 is at least 10 years old (got it the first Christmas after we got married) and the other I got the year we had a house fire 4 years ago. i don't use the older one except for parts which i've actually never had to get into yet but it's here in case I ever need it. I am looking into getting another one though, maybe he'll bring me another one this year

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:45am
post #13 of 34

Got mine from Lowe's. They special ordered it and called me a week later that it was in. They guy I ordered it from was so nice. He commented on how bad Lowe's messed up on that ad typo and what lucky ladies all of us were for getting such a great deal!

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:46am
post #14 of 34

I won mine on eBay in June thumbs_up.gif . It's my first KA and I love it. I don't know how I ever got along without it! I got the Pro Series 6 qt, brand new, in the box, excellent price, even with the shipping. I'm glad I got the 6 qt, it's perfect for my double batches of icing and cake batter icon_biggrin.gif .

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:49am
post #15 of 34

Ha-ha-ha! I knew that one day, someone would ask.

First KA - 4 qt - on special at WalMart - $150

Second KA - 5 qt - amazon.com - $199

Twins - two 5 qt commercial - at auction - $25 each

Plus the 20qt Hobart I got at auction - $225

All lined up together, in "The Lab" - they look like a Mama Duck and her Ducklings.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:59am
post #16 of 34

I ended up buying 6- 2 for my sister and the rest for myself and my kids! Oh, I bought a red one and a metallic chrome off the shelf and ordered 2 chrome and 2 brushed nickel which, according to the phone call I recieved tonight, will be here in about 6 months!

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:02am
post #17 of 34

Dh got me mine 5 yrs ago for Christmas. He knows that most of what he gets me for christmas ends up being to his benefit - so therefor, I get alot of cooking/baking things.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:08am
post #18 of 34

I already had a Pro HD 5 qt...red, that I got for Valentines day this yr from Sam's. I got 2 more artisan during the sale. First one I got at Lowes, a metallic chrome off the shelf. Left that day with it. Then I went to Sears and got a red one which they price matched! So I have a total of 3 now! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:09am
post #19 of 34

my store called tonight AGAIN to tell me they were backordered for 6 months, 4 of them... I think they are trying to get us to cancel them... he even said you could come and get some off of the shelf at that price if you want to. Well I learned my lesson on that... you can't cancel just one.... or it cancels them all, and all of mine are the metallic series, so I am holding out baby... I will just await my monthly update icon_smile.gif

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:14am
post #20 of 34

I got my one and only, first ever, at Lowes off the shelf, black onyx (to match the rest of my appliances. I love her!

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:24am
post #21 of 34

I was able to walk out the same day with BIG RED thumbs_up.gif from my lowes. I love that thing. My bc never tasted so good.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:36am
post #22 of 34

I've been using my Grandma's for the past year. Well, a couple of days ago, my DH suprised me with an ice blue Artisan that he bought from Kohl's!!! He got it for about $110!! It was one of the discontinued colors and was a return, so they marked it clearance. My DH(he works there) saw that it was on clearance and immediately put it up and bought it! Can you believe it!!! I'm so happy! She's beautiful!!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:51am
post #23 of 34

Me too, I'm backordered until Dec, I ordered a custom metallic series! I just ordered 1 since I already own an Empire Red KA 5 Pro, I got it from eBay a while back for like $180 and free shipping!
I love my baby, DH knows that in case of fire, he runs to get my son and I run to get my KA! icon_biggrin.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:49am
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

I love my baby, DH knows that in case of fire, he runs to get my son and I run to get my KA! icon_biggrin.gif

LOL! icon_lol.gif

icantcook Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:05am
post #25 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

my store called tonight AGAIN to tell me they were backordered for 6 months, 4 of them... I think they are trying to get us to cancel them... he even said you could come and get some off of the shelf at that price if you want to. Well I learned my lesson on that... you can't cancel just one.... or it cancels them all, and all of mine are the metallic series, so I am holding out baby... I will just await my monthly update icon_smile.gif

What the heck? I only have one on order, but please elaborate! It would cancel all 4 if you said you'd take one off the shelf while waiting for the other 3 to come in?

You know, I have wondered why Lowes didn't just put up a notice on their front doors that there was a typographical error in their print and the real sale price was $XXX or the real model number on sale was KSMXXX. My local grocery store has done it, I've even seen Target resolve the issue this way. Seems like it would have been easier to take care of it that way instead of looking like they were going to honor the add, then try to get us so discouraged with wait times that we cancel our orders. Yes, it worked on me - y'all keep holding on for those metallics!

That is a lot of work for those associates: take our special orders, then have us call them every 3 days checking to see if it is in, then they have to tell us about the back orders (how pleasant can that part of the job be?). Then if they are successful at changing our minds, they have to change the order in the system, then the cycle starts again...Man, I'd be asking to change my department assignment to ceiling fans or toilets or anything other than small appliances! I feel bad for them, but not too bad. icon_wink.gif You can bet your buttercream I'll be calling bright and early Friday morning to ask "Is it in yet?"

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:33am
post #26 of 34

Well, I bought six during the sale - a brushed nickel for my sil, my oldest daughter, and one to sale. I also price-matched at Sears to get my mom a red one. Then my sil talked her Lowes into selling me two 6 qt. Pros for $150, so those babies are sitting in Dallas waiting for Momma to pick them up! I already have a 4 1/2 qt and a 5 qt heavy duty which I'm selling to pay for the twins.

ebwmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebwmom Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:43am
post #27 of 34

I bought 2, but like most they are on back order 4-6 months. Told my sis-in-law and she bought 2 also. She just talked to guy today and got the same news. I still can't wait to see the shiny new matallic copper one on my counter.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:01am
post #28 of 34

I didn't get to vote. icon_cry.gif

I lUV a sale...a BARGAIN Typo sale even better!! But....sigh....I just received a nice shiney white 475 watt KA for my birthday... So I saved my $100 bucks and put it into something else.

........just couldn't justify getting ANOTHER for Bragging rights when I don't use mine as much as the rest of y'all!!

But brag I do to my coworkers because I used to burn up those little teeney $10-dollar handmixers at Walmart!! ha ha ha!

But I have all the attachments... icon_biggrin.gif BIG GRINS ..... And they are all just so purrrty!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:16am
post #29 of 34

I have to agree that it's flat out rediculous to say it's "Backordered for 6mo" because I'm sure KA has them in stock. I also agree it's probably to get most people to bail out and get one of the regular (cheaper) series or whatever they've got on the store shelves.

I also purchased a Polished Chrome mixer in the sale and OH can I not WAIT to get it here on my counter and put it to GOOOOD use icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:44pm
post #30 of 34

to explain the cancellation part of it, I had ordered a brushed nickle and surf green then decided against the green one, so I went in to change the color and the only way to change the color was to the cancel that POS, special order.... and in order to do that if you to cancel the whole thing.... so if I go in to choose one of the shelf and cancel my order of one, it will cancel them all, the guy just didn't think I was smart enough to figure it out.. I had talked to the manager the other night. We have just recently moved to new town and are in the process of getting SB licensed, so I have been very in with the LOWE's here buying appliances, and even THEIR associates bought more than one and are holding out for them, they KA is the on reporting the backup and I called KA personally and they say the same thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%