My Shop...some Really Really Before Pics

Business By spongemomsweatpants Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 5:55am by asul

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 19

Ok so when you look at these pics you are going to saywait isnt that a garage under her house??!! icon_confused.gif And youd be right, but in 4 short weeks time itll be the cutest darn pastry shop in the lakes region.
Ok so what are we looking at here:

The 5th pic is an outside before pic of my garage, the doors are being removed this weekend, the French doors are being installed the first of next week. There will be a little roof about 2.5 feet wide over the doors the whole length of the side of the house. We are flirting with the idea of getting rid of all the siding under that roof down and replacing it with shake shingles. I like the idea I just have to convince the Hubbster.

The 4th and 3rd pics are of my new parking lot that have been in the works this week.

The 2nd pic is a pic of the cake I made my excavator for giving us such a great deal. 6 in Carrot cake with crm chz frosting, a little pile of crushed Oreos on top and some choclate rocks for good measure.

The 1st pic is the subpanel my electrician installed yesterday.

Woopdedoo right icon_lol.gif ..lol Next week Ill have far more interesting stuff to show you. I promise!

lol edited becasue I loaded the pics in the worng order icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

18 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 19

it will look so good when it's done. What a great experience!

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 19

Can't wait to see it!

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 19

Soooo exciting! Can't wait to see the finished product! Do you know colors/deco themes yet?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 19

You're so lucky! I can't wait to see the progress as it's being made!

spongemomsweatpants Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 19

Thanks everyone. It is so fun to be able to share this step by step with folks I know will understand how exciting a big pile of dirt is...lol

I do have a shceme in mind the right hand side is the customer side, that will have white wainsescotting chair rails and nose molding, on the bottom half of the wall. The top half will have 10 - 12 inch alternating light and dark pink stripes...Doug is going to want to hurl. All my accents will be in black and white. I have just purchased a sign that reads "wish it, dream it, do it" that is in a black frame, white back round and black lettering. The kitchen 1/2 is going to be a light yellow color, and all of the appliances are stainless steel of course. I can't wait to show you the final pics!!
Oh the outside doors are going to be the same blue that is on my garage doors. On the front of our house we have a farmers porch that is painted in the old victorian fashion of 3 colors and the main color is that blue, with the yellow from the house and the maroon from the shutters accenting. so i want to keep the outside theme going to match the house.
In my mind it is really pretty...I can't wait to see if I am right..lol

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 19

Sounds awesome! I love the idea of the light and dark pink stripes above the wainscoating. Cute cute!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 19

So far, so good !! I LOVE THE "rock" cake !!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 19

so funny......I totally want my cake bus. to be pink, white, and black too lol although I am nowhere near as close to having my dream realized as you are!!! Congrats!!!

littlebits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebits Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:56am
post #10 of 19

WOOOO HOOOOO -- DIRT!!!! I am excited for you! I am so glad you decided to post the progress pics. I have regretted not taking pics of our construction phase.

Congrats and keep those pics coming!

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 2:06am
post #11 of 19

Congrats!! Looks like you're off to a great start! I completely understand the excitement over a pile of dirt. I got all excited today when I put the sign on the bathroom door!!!
Love the commentary on your pics, too!!
icon_lol.gif

Maria071 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria071 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 2:14am
post #12 of 19

Will you be advertising the address so that fellow NHr's can come get some pastry?

spongemomsweatpants Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm
post #13 of 19

Thanks so much for being excited with me! This is fun, stressful, scary, overwhelming...and did I all ready say fun? I just love that you all are excited about my piles of dirt and hanging wires as I am. I also love that you all get excited about hanging up signs over your bathrooms..that is great!

Hubbs called the state to find out how many diffrent sinks we actually needed icon_confused.gif and it looks like we will need roughly about 672... icon_lol.gif lol One for food, one for hands, one for mop, one for dishes, one for nose picking, one for toenail clippings...you get the idea..lol icon_razz.gif

Thanks so much for the compliment on the rock cake Grama...it was a fun little cake to make, and I have to be honest I am so darn porud of the shell border on the bottom, thus far it's the best one I have done. By jove I think she's got it!!

Maria...now that is a great question, I don't know why I wouldn't as it will be in the book and papers and what not, but for some reason giving my home addy out online scares the heck outta me icon_eek.gif . I am going to have to ponder that some, but I will be happy to Pm directions to anyone who wants to have them until I make my mind up icon_smile.gif

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:28pm
post #14 of 19

CONGRATULATIONS! party.gif I am so excited for you!!!!

Maria071 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria071 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:39pm
post #15 of 19

I can totally understnad that. It's just so exciting for you to actually be here in NH LOL

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:48pm
post #16 of 19

Gongratulations on your new shop. Can't wait to see your pics. Your cakes are beautiful and best of luck with your venture. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:49pm
post #17 of 19

Wow I can't wait to see it all come together..how exciting! Really excited for you!

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 5:37am
post #18 of 19

Oh my goodness we are all so silly! I am sitting here looking at her before pictures and I have this huge grin on my face. DH can't believe that I am so excited for someone I've never met. But it's so cool! Keep us updated thumbs_up.gif

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 5:55am
post #19 of 19

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! party.gifparty.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%