Aussies- Ekka/brisbane Show

Decorating By ozcake Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm by ozcake

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 11:08am
post #1 of 11

Has anyone been to the Ekka and seen the Cake Decorating competition displays or anyone enter the comps (or even better take any photos)?

I went last year & entered a cake but I couldn't go this year.

10 replies
jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 11:28am
post #2 of 11

I'm going next Wed - definitely checking out the cakes !! Hadn't even thought of taking piccies ( what's wrong with me ??!!) but I think I will now icon_biggrin.gif
Not brave enough to enter a cake yet icon_sad.gif lol

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 11:44am
post #3 of 11

Hello,
I understand the not being able to go but Jules your cakes are definately good enough. Your flowers are great.
If someone goes please post pics of their cake. This may be the only thing to drag me to the show in flu season hehehe (pretty healthy it's the cost of entry really)
Good luck to anyone that has entered.

icon_smile.gif Leigh

lovely Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 6:29am
post #4 of 11

OMG I went today as a spur of the moment thing and loved the cakes. some of the flowers were so great that some parents told their kids that they were silk. I loved the pub cake but I have to say due to being spur of the moment I didn't have a camera. Sighhhh lovely cakes all of them.
Hope someone tooks some pics... icon_rolleyes.gif

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:54am
post #5 of 11

I had friends that went to the Ekka this weekend. When I saw them today I asked if they went to see the cakes and they just looked at me like I was weird or something. icon_lol.gif I can't believe they spent like 10 hours there and didn't go see the cakes. icon_rolleyes.gif

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:16am
post #6 of 11

Hi all,
Yes, I went to the ekka on Saturday, it was a great day, kids loved it! thumbs_up.gif
I took some photos of the cakes with my mobile, so will try to attach them here. I took heaps of my group of ladies who did these nice xmas pages. Have a look.
Here goes....
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:26am
post #7 of 11

thanks for the pics. gotta love that first one. icon_wink.gif those cakes are amazing.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 10:15am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRisser

thanks for the pics. gotta love that first one. icon_wink.gif those cakes are amazing.

Amen!

Love the Christmas books too....

lovely Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 10:56am
post #9 of 11

Curvy, your the bomb, How great are you. I can now save them to my computer and admire the great work.

10hrs at the show and didn't look at the cakes icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif LOLOL

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 11:03am
post #10 of 11

You are most welcome! icon_smile.gif
I only wish I had taken photos of every single cake! icon_cry.gif
But my 4 year old and 6year old kids were tugging my hands saying "cmon Mum..let's go see the cows! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks Curvy so good to see the photos, there's some great cakes there icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%