All Nc Members

Decorating By Joy2501 Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 2:37am by tarheel

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #31 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdessertdiva

I agree with Joy that it should be a "meet & greet" and then decide how we want to proceed with our future meetings. It will be nice to put names and faces together! I wonder if any other folks from CC have put together a "meet & greet" in their respective area, if so, they would be a good resource for our group.
Leslie

Leslie --- I was wondering the same thing. I think I remember seeing other threads about getting together in some other part of the country, but I can't remember where it is.

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 9:24pm
post #32 of 170

Hey guys, have room for one more. I would LOVE to get to attend and put some faces with names. I'm in Hamlet, NC (right at the SC line in the middle). I'm about an hour or so from Sanford. Just let me know what you need and I'm there!!! icon_biggrin.gif

This is kinda exciting. It's almost like getting to meet celebrities!!! icon_lol.gif

mommytmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommytmk Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 2:49am
post #33 of 170

I am so excited. I am new to decorating, but I have just jumped right into it. I can't wait to learn and share with others. If we get really "official", I don't mind doing the secretarial type of work. Tracy

frog80 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:29pm
post #34 of 170

Just wondering if the plans have been finalized for the meet and greet in Sept.?

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:45pm
post #35 of 170

I'm watching this post, so please post when the plans are finalized. Or are you planning to PM everyone with directions and such?

I can't wait for this meeting! I'm very excited!!!

<Starkie>

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:46pm
post #36 of 170

I would also love to attend! I live in Burlington and it would be about an hour drive for me. How do you feel about a spouse tagging along? What shall we bring???? icon_rolleyes.gif

cakesbyjackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjackie Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:48pm
post #37 of 170

I'm in Efland (between Chapel Hill and Burlington) - just over an hour from Sanford. I'd love to meet everyone and that Sunday looks good for me...yay icon_smile.gif

frog80 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:54pm
post #38 of 170

I was wondering the same thing about the spouse! I've attended a meet and greet with my DH before and it was nice, but I'll go with whatever everyone else decides.

Joy2501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joy2501 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #39 of 170

Southern Cake - were you able to confirm availability of the venue??

Joy

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 8:56pm
post #40 of 170

ok, have date reserved --

now...we're going to meet ?????

(calling Southern Cake.....)

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 9:06pm
post #41 of 170

I'm in Newton...about 45 minutes west of Charlotte. Am I too far away? Wah!!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Amy

Doug Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 9:22pm
post #42 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyamym

I'm in Newton...about 45 minutes west of Charlotte. Am I too far away? Wah!!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Amy

all depends upon if SouthernCake can confirm hosting in SANFORD.

how far are you from there?

southerncake Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:00pm
post #43 of 170

Hi guys -- sorry I haven't been on to give an update in the last day or so. I had surgery this morning and yesterday was spent trying to get everything lined up for today!

The venue that I really wanted has a "tentative" booking on the 16th, which DH thinks will not happen and we will be able to book; however, I would rather choose another venue that I can be sure about. EnchantedMoments, who posted earlier in this thread, is also from Sanford and is also trying to help with a location.

There are several restaurants in town where we could use their party room; however, most of them close at 2 on Sundays. I am also checking into the fellowship hall at church.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:23pm
post #44 of 170

I hope you'll find a place. You came this far dont give up on a location.

southerncake Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:40pm
post #45 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormichel

I hope you'll find a place. You came this far dont give up on a location.

I so agree!! I know I can find something -- it is just finding somewhere that is free and easy to get to! I know that the perfect place is out there somewhere thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif !

Doug Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:46pm
post #46 of 170

surgery!?!?!?!?

hope was just something simple.

get well quickly -- would offer to kiss the owie to make it all better, but it'd probably just get infected! icon_rolleyes.gif

---------------------------

restaurants that close at 2pm !?!?!?!?

oh, my -- around here that's the START of the Sunday rush as many churches only finish up services around 1pm.

should we do an outdoor yard party? (of course if this heat keeps up....we'll all melt just like our cakes)

southerncake Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #47 of 170

Doug -- you always make me laugh. Yes, the surgery went well, not exactly simple, but at least it is over!!

I also don't understand why so many restaurants here close at 2 on Sundays!

I also thought about if we wanted to do it outside. We are in the process of building a new home and if we decide to have any future meetings in Sanford I would be happy to have them at my house, but we will not be moved in by September.

There is a very nice park right off of US1 that has a great shelter area that can be reserved if we are interested in doing it outside.

Do we have a guess as to how many we think will come?

Doug Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:04am
post #48 of 170

well, you make 1

and then I make 2

and...??? makes....

cakesbyjackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjackie Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:11am
post #49 of 170

I make 3 (or 4 if I can wrangle another friend..who's from Sanford AND decorates cakes to come with me!)

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:13am
post #50 of 170

I make another (depending on how many post before I do!!)

If it is still really hot, I vote for inside. I have health issues with the heat. But, that being said, majority rules! Any thoughts on spouses??

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:29am
post #51 of 170

I know I'ma little late on this topic, but wanted to throw 2 cents in. I would love a group in NC. Someone had once suggested the Yahoo Groups thing for this. We do that with the homeschoolers in western NC and it's great. It's a great way to stay connected even for those who would be unable to attend a meeting. (I wish with all my heart I could go.) Doug... you're famous on CC and I would love to be able to say I rubbed elbows with you. lol icon_smile.gif I've so wanted a cake decorating connection that would be a little less intimidating! Especially for this Newbie who isn't very good yet! icon_redface.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:35am
post #52 of 170

icon_cry.gif
I'm so jealous, we lived in Goldsboro for 23 years and just moved to Georgia last summer. I did a lot of cake for the area, I was known as the Cake Lady. I hope all of you have a wonderful time.
Don't get me wrong , we love Georgia too!

yaya66ga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yaya66ga Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:47am
post #53 of 170

Hey! Jibbies

I lived in Goldsboro for 7 years, 1990-97. Daughter was born there. I live in GA now too.
We like GA and loved NC too when we were there. Welcome to GA.....

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:50am
post #54 of 170

I waaaannnna come too!!! Unfortunately I may be taking a 10 year ann. get away that weekend. Not set in stone though. I'll keep checking! I would also be willing to have people come to my little town of Kernersville. My church is right off 40. An easy meeting place.

jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:58am
post #55 of 170

Hey yaya66ga
Glad to hear from you. Did you move to the Warner Robins area, where did you live in Goldsboro, by the way your cakes are beautiful!

yaya66ga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yaya66ga Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 10:03am
post #56 of 170

Jibbies
Yes, We live in W.R. now. When we lived in NC we lived off Hwy. 581, Pikeville address but not really in Pikeville. Loved it out there....

jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:12pm
post #57 of 170

yaya66ga
pm me so we can get to know each other, I know everyone on here doesn't want to read our conversations.

frog80 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:33pm
post #58 of 170

So far here is the roster:

southerncake (thanks for hosting thumbs_up.gif )
Doug (can't wait to meet you icon_biggrin.gif )
cakesbyjackie + 1
havingfun + spouse?
and me + my spouse is we all agree

so that's 8 now, and I'm sure that there are others that will fall in as well.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:37pm
post #59 of 170

How did I miss this whole thread ??? icon_surprised.gif This meeting is out for me, but if ya'll were interested in a trip to Chapel Hill, I know somebody who'll have a pretty swell commercial kitchen with plenty of space to get your cake on icon_razz.gif

Joy2501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joy2501 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:09pm
post #60 of 170

yep - I'll be there too. txkat- is the date or venue an issue for you?

Do the think spouses will want to come? My husbands eyes glaze over when I start to talk cake, even though he is very supportive of my habit.

That makes a definite 9 so far.

Joy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%