She'll Pay Me If She Wants!

Decorating By msmeg Updated 9 Jul 2005 , 3:43am by famousamous

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 6

My 84 year old mother wanted a cake ... a very pretty one my choice. Ok I told her I owed her too much but she wanted to know how much it was as she was sure her friends would want to know.

Ok..... well of course when I took it to her she made me take a check and said she had seniority and when You are over 80 you can do what you want. so I took it , from past experienced she would have just mailed it anyway.

I can't wait til I am over 80 and can do what ever I choose. icon_rolleyes.gif LOL

5 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 6

Bless her heart, never argue with your mother!!! LOL!

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 6

What a sweet momma---sounds like my Granny ---she's 83---but she's been fiesty a lot longer than 3 years! LOL

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 6

that was sooo nice of her to do that!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 3:00am
post #5 of 6

Well this one brought a few tears to my eyes, my late mother was like that too. If you took her out to dinner she would fight to get the bill and make a scene if you didn't let her pay too. One time she hit me on the leg for fun, when we were fighting over a bill. Anyway, even at 82 she had a good mean slap and I had the marks from her hand for days. I used to tease her that it was proof of "abuse by the elderly"!
Likely your mother enjoys feeling like she can pay her way and be generous with you. It is probably one way she feels that she can still contribute and be useful.
Cute story, isn't it nice that she is like that! Bet she is a real sweetheart and you are lucky to have her!
Yes, you get to be the same way, haha! Why wait for 83!
Hugs Squirrelly

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 3:43am
post #6 of 6

Hahaha how cute! This reminds me of my Grandpa. If I ask him to pick something up from the store for me if hes going that way, when he drops it off he refuses to take money for it! I have to ball up the bill and throw it in his truck and run inside. Hahaha He gets soo mad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%