Combining Several Packages Of Fondant

Decorating By Amylou Updated 6 Jul 2005 , 5:36pm by peacockplace

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 8

What is the best way to combine several packages of fondant? Can I use the dough hook on my Kitchenaid, or should I knead it by hand? I don't want to have any lines in it when I go to roll it out.

Thanks!

7 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 8

You could try using the dough hook, but not sure if it would wear out the motor.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 8

How big of a cake are you going to cover that you would need to combine several packages? It's best to knead by hand in smaller portions and then combine the smaller portions and knead them together. Just combine enough to cover each cake. You don't need to combine all of it and then split it. I hope that makes sense.

Debbie

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 8

thecakemaker... I totally agree w/ you!! If she uses her mixer she is surely going to tear up the motor. It will be easier to knead together~

thecakemaker Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 8

Also, as you knead small portions make sure you keep the rest covered so it doesn't dry out.

Debbie

niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 8

I am guessing it's because she wants to color the fondant and wants them all to be the exact color.

Exactly how does one do this? icon_confused.gif

thecakemaker Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 8

You would knead color into one portion (darker than you want the final fondant to be) and then incorporate the rest of the fondant a portion at a time. You can separate portions and add portions until they are all colored if it is too much to handle at once.

Debbie

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 8

That's how I do it too. Just wanted to say, niki_10, your avatar makes me hungry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%