Yummy..yummy....

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 9 Jul 2005 , 12:45pm by scoobam

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 2:41am
post #1 of 8

icon_razz.gif Hey everyone...I just wanted to mention,,I'm not sure if you all know about this cake mix..But while I was at the grocery store today getting my pantry restocked, I came across what seemed to me to be a new kind of cake mix. It is by Betty Crocker moist cake mix. And the flavor is Cherry Chip. It looked so good on the box and since Albertsons was having a 2/$2.00 on cake mixes, I bought 2 boxes and plan on doing some baking this week after the 4th. I also saw a Pineapple flavor cake mix, by same brand too. They just looked all yummy..But I only use pineapple when I have a order for it, and then I only use drained crushed pineapple in my cake mix, seems more fresh and more tasty.....hmmmmm.......
Hopefully, they will come out with Cherry Icing...... icon_wink.gif

7 replies
bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 2:59am
post #2 of 8

The cherry chip cake mix is very good thumbs_up.gif I make it all the time.
I never tried the pineapple one. That sounds good.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 3:11am
post #3 of 8

OH trust me there is a cherry icing out there! thumbs_up.gif Betty Crocker also makes it. They have made Cherry Chip Cake /Icing for at least 5+ years (it is my BF's favorite) It is usually hard to find though.

There is only one chain of grocery stores around here that carries both. I moved from one area to another and Had to request the store in my area carry it. All they asked for was the UPC (cherry icing - 1600045890) So they could order it. You may want to request it, you never know!

Hope this helps. Glad you found it!

Leily

P.S. How lucky am I that the flavor of cake that is a favorite in this house is a Box mix!!! icon_lol.gif And the icing premade for me (sometimes he is too good to me and doesn't even realize it icon_biggrin.gif )

This is how much we like it. We joke with each other about getting Cherry Chip points instead of Brownie pts! Which reminds me I beleive i heard he was going to be cashing in on some of those soon LOL.

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 8

We heard here that they had stopped making cherry chip. My husband wanted some cherry chip cookies.. his mom used to make them and he made them some too.. anyways we heard that they weren't making it anymore and we have been looking but can't find any. Maybe it's coming back

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 8

My best friend who lives in Washington loves Cherry Chip Cake Mix and the Cherry frosting. We don't have it in Washington so whenever she goes to Illinois to visit her inlaws, she takes an extra bag and fills it up with the stuff. Pretty funny.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 4 Jul 2005 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 8

i've never heard of it, but being here in italy, i'm probably not going to be getting that anytime soon.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 12:29pm
post #7 of 8

I emailed BC about it being discontinued and here is there response: (just so no one else worries like i did LOL) Incase anyone else was wanting more, or interested in finding out where to get them locally.

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for contacting General Mills regarding the availability of Betty Crocker SuperMoist cherry chip cake mix and frosting in your area. We do not have any information about this being discontinued. Your local store may decide to know longer carry these items.

You can always contact us and we can do a search of stores that have recently ordered these items or you can order them from us. If you are interested in purchasing a case or a special four-pack, the following options are available to you.

· By phone: You may charge the order to your Visa or MasterCard by calling 1-800-233-5780.

· On line: Items are available to order by Visa or MasterCard from our Specialty Items section of the General Mills Web Site (www.generalmills.com.) From the main page, click on Our Web Sites, then Specialty Items Store.

If you have any questions regarding this offer, please call us at 1-800-328-1144, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Central Standard Time. We appreciate your loyalty to our products.

Sincerely,

Krista Pearson

General Mills

Consumer Services

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 12:45pm
post #8 of 8

I thought it was discontinued too!!! My birthday cake growing up was ALWAYS cherry chip.. LOVE IT!
but I haven't seen it at the store for years and thought it was long, gone.

Looks like we all need to start after our stores to put it back on the shelves!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%