Is Duff Clueless?

Decorating By SueW Updated 30 Jul 2007 , 3:24am by baka4lyfe20

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:30pm
post #61 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

That's okay though! It also could've been a plug for BOTH of them! LOL But, a good one at that! I think she might have been trying to get a discount too!

heck I'd do it too if it ment getting a discount on stuff I use everyday icon_wink.gif

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:31pm
post #62 of 88

please we can't talk bad about my future husband! (well after i ditch the one i have who doesn't understand my cake addiction) i LOVE duff! he's too cute! we'll get married in a cake church and live in a cake house and have cake babies! it'll be cake-tastic! oops....did i just share all my secret duff fantasies with the world? icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:33pm
post #63 of 88

icon_sad.gif i wanted him to be my future husband after i left mine because duff wanted to marry me icon_smile.gif

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:35pm
post #64 of 88

In all the Duff hub-bub...here is the supplier in which he gets a ton of his supplies. Thay have a pretty good selection, and not just for baking products. Its a great resource for the gourmet cooks and caterers out there too!

http://www.chefswarehouse.com/Catalog/DisplayCategory.aspx?Cat=BAKE

spongemomsweatpants Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:37pm
post #65 of 88

lol Duff is gonna be a busy guy...please which ever one of you does marry him tell him for me...love the strip of hair he has on his chin but the stubble on his cheeks have just got to go...distracts from the whole look and hides that cute little baby face of his

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:38pm
post #66 of 88

i also hate the stubble. goatee is fine but not the full beard thing

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:43pm
post #67 of 88

OMG not another burning episode of "Big Love" with Duff and his two brides Sandra80 and Roxxxy_luvs_duff. Ya might want to move from Baltimore though.....

(Tiptop says tongue in cheek hoping nobody took her joke wrong.)

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:49pm
post #68 of 88

Yeppers, I think he is a great kidder too.
It also makes good tv......icon_wink.gif

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:58pm
post #69 of 88

Well, I took Marketing in College, and well, its exactly what I would do to get free or discounted products!!!

And while were at it, I would love to spend a week just watching everything, I don't have to marry anyone or actually make any cakes, I just want to sit there - I LOVE THAT SHOW!

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:58pm
post #70 of 88

i wonder if he'll make me a big cake that he'll pop out of...hmmmmm.
he's mine, all mine i tell you! a rocker, tattooed, cake guy? he's perfect i tell you! stuble and all! icon_biggrin.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:02pm
post #71 of 88

ok i told DH i was getting the tatt that duff got and he said im crazy hehehe i still might do it just a way smaller version

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:03pm
post #72 of 88

hmmm duff jumping out of a cake that would be HOTT!!!!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:14pm
post #73 of 88

He used to use Albert Uster in earlier episodes. When he was here I remember him talking about it.

spongemomsweatpants Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:17pm
post #74 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Well, I took Marketing in College, and well, its exactly what I would do to get free or discounted products!!!

And while were at it, I would love to spend a week just watching everything, I don't have to marry anyone or actually make any cakes, I just want to sit there - I LOVE THAT SHOW!

ditto to everything you said...I am such a geek I DVR it when it comes on so I can rewatch it...lol

I too really like the tattoo session, the one Mary Alice got was so cute.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:36pm
post #75 of 88

Why the negative vibe?
Quote:yeah duff is full of doo doo... coldtropics
Quote:My husband started laughing when he heard Duff say he didn't know fondant came in colors (ready made). I'm just starting out and DH even knows you can buy colors! rcs
Quote:It was a plug for SatinIce. adven68
Quoteicon_surprised.giff course. and TV shows are ALWAYS 100% truthful and honest.
sorry - not being mean, but come on . . . it just isn't possible. jmt1714
Quote:It was definitely a set up plug for Satin Ice. Euphoriabakery

He is being made out to be either an idiot or a liar, and that's not fair.

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:57pm
post #76 of 88

Let's keep all this in perspective here. With all that is going on in the world today and even in our own lives, this is nothing to get all worked up about. There are much more important things to worry about. It just blows me away at how little it takes to cause to ruffle someone's feathers. I know that we are passionate cake people but let's not let this bother anyone. thumbs_up.gif

Let's shake it off, take a deep breath, and resume a fun thread....please. icon_biggrin.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:04pm
post #77 of 88

i totally agree back to talking about what a cutie duff is

moydear77 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:31pm
post #78 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Why the negative vibe?
Quote:My husband started laughing when he heard Duff say he didn't know fondant came in colors (ready made). I'm just starting out and DH even knows you can buy colors! rcs
Quoteicon_surprised.giff course. and TV shows are ALWAYS 100% truthful and honest.

I agree with you. Everyone says they have there own oipinion and it is not personal all the time. For example, it was hard to see the harsh words directed at Bronwen in another thread. This meant a great deal to me because I have so much respect for her. I am fortunate to have been around her socially and in competition. She is such a great person!

cakecrumb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumb Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:36pm
post #79 of 88

okay, because this is an open forum and we are all entitled to our opinions, i am going to state mine:

IMO - the whole "faux" reaction to the colored fondant was absolutely a plug for Satin Ice. first, i noticed the big Satin Ice label clear as a bell, up close on camera, which they've never done before. this happened before his dumbfounded reaction to the colored fondant which sealed the deal in my opinion. seriously, think about how many threads have been started on this very website alone, regarding 'just wondering what kind of fondant duff uses'. Satin Ice jumped on this bandwagon and was very wise to do so. i can say that i was pretty psyched that i saw that duff uses Satin Ice on his cakes because thats what i've recently started using so now i feel like i'm heading in the right direction with my cakes. icon_smile.gif
anyway, i don't feel there is anything wrong with plugging a product and product placement in a show. we see it on tv all of the time its just kind of comical that he would agree to play dumb to THAT fact of all the facts. it cracks me up actually. you know they probably have a running joke in the bakery about the fact that he had to play dumb about it.
i know he uses a lot of airbrushing for color in his work but seriously HOW could a professional baker, food network challenger and JUDGE, with his own food network show, NOT know that pre-colored fondant existed?! its a farce, i tell you!! icon_eek.gif

like i stated before, this is just my opinion. it certainly won't stop me from watching the show! i love the show. i won't even let my DH talk while its on because i cannot miss what they are explaining.

as far as having a crush on Duff, i'll pass. you ladies can have him... but if he ever gives up any cake secrets in the 'heat of the moment' icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif promise us that you'll post it here for all of your CC pals! icon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 12:22am
post #80 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Why the negative vibe?

I agree with you. Everyone says they have there own oipinion and it is not personal all the time. For example, it was hard to see the harsh words directed at Bronwen in another thread. This meant a great deal to me because I have so much respect for her. I am fortunate to have been around her socially and in competition. She is such a great person!

Moysweetheartdarlingdear,
I don't know about the Bronwen thread...and I agree there should be no personal attacks on anyone...including fellow cc'ers....but I really don't see what is mean about any of the above remarks. Nobody said he was a jerk or an a-hole...he's cool....we're just agreeing that the power of tv and advertising played a role in his script. I can't speak for the others, but, personally, I would have no problem saying it directly to him if I had the chance. He would probably laugh it off....

moydear77 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:14am
post #81 of 88

I just think calling someone full of Doo Doo is not nice nice!!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:14am
post #82 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriabakery

It was definitely a set up plug for Satin Ice. In earlier episodes where they have shown the fondant buckets the logo was blurred out, I know because I remember trying to figure out what brand of fondant he used. But in the last few the Satin Ice logo is very much visible. I am sure Satin Ice is paying for the advertisement.

LOL me too!! In the first season they showed a bucket with a pinkish label and i was trying to figure out what it was! I thought it was Massa Ticino.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:18am
post #83 of 88

AFter all this, I've just got to see this episode that started all this!

You know what I love about Duff and crew -- they are making it big time! His cakes START at $500 -- no matter the size. That's AWESOME! (Not to say that I'm in favor of the $30,000 for Eva's wedding cake -- don't want to contradict myself here), but he is doing a great business, and he's soooooo funny.

And, I think it's hysterical that someone here blamed Mary Alice for the flub! I'm not being negative - it's just that she's sooooo on the ball, there's just no way! I was just tickled by that! icon_lol.gif

S.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:22am
post #84 of 88
Quote:

I guess you have to think of the alternative icon_surprised.gif ...
I thought it was cute...as if a child might say it. I'm laughing at the wording as I'm typing.

icon_lol.gif doo doo icon_lol.gif

moydear77 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:41am
post #85 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Quote:

I guess you have to think of the alternative icon_surprised.gif ...
I thought it was cute...as if a child might say it. I'm laughing at the wording as I'm typing.

icon_lol.gif doo doo icon_lol.gif

Oh, I am not upset about this. I have taken a break from CC because threads start about something they saw on TV. It is TV and that is that. Everyone has there own spin on how things looked and such. I just think TV is taken as if it were truth all the time.

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:01am
post #86 of 88

Uhhh,

Where's Mary Alice when you need her?
icon_sad.gificon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:12pm
post #87 of 88

I just do not believe personal insults belong here. Just because this kid didn't know about a product, he is told he is full of a 'polite' euphemism.
They read this.
They post here.

To tell someone they are either a liar or a complete idiot for not knowing something that YOU know?

We have lost people before over this sort of talk.
Please be kind.
That's all I was trying to say.

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:24am
post #88 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoma9

His cakes START at $500 -- no matter the size. That's AWESOME! (Not to say that I'm in favor of the $30,000 for Eva's wedding cake -- don't want to contradict myself here), but he is doing a great business, and he's soooooo funny.

That's cheap compared to Colette's Cakes! LOL

She starts at $800!!! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%