A Shy Hello....

Baking By KarensCookies Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 4:34am by megankennedy

KarensCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarensCookies Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:23pm
post #31 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydukes

I've been a fan of your site for some time. Did your husband do the new "baker" logos -- I thought the old one was so cute! Glad to see you here!

It's nice to meet an "old" friend from the old site. My husband kind of made the new baker logos. He purchased a drawing of a girl and then manipulated it so that she could be baking, decorating, etc. He did the old one completely from scratch, but he wasn't ever happy with her. I thought she was cute, too! icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:25pm
post #32 of 54

welcome karen! your website is great. i'm in the process of redoing my website. it's one of those...the design worked at the time. now it's just old. so is that you on the main page???? welcome again. can't wait to see more of your work.

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:45pm
post #33 of 54

Welcome Karen. I love your site. I am excited to try some of your recipes.

Lauren

KarensCookies Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:50pm
post #34 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

so is that you on the main page???? welcome again. can't wait to see more of your work.

Ha ha... oh no. I wish that were me!! icon_biggrin.gif My mom keeps telling me "You need to put a picture of yourself on the site!" And I keep dragging my feet. One of these days.... We're actually getting ready to do some videos for the site, so I might reveal what my hands look like soon!! (a step at a time)

jenwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenwright Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 10:09am
post #35 of 54

I'm very new to cookie decorating and I just wanted to say that I LOVE your website! So informative! I've bookmarked yours and several others of these wonder cookie decorators sites and can only hope to become as good! My first cookie bouquet was done in February and I'm doing another today. It's a big step (for me!) to go from cakes to cookies, but I'm really enjoying it.

Have a great day!

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 11:25am
post #36 of 54

Welcome to CC Karen.
Your website is awesome. I have been toying with the idea of doing cookies, as my kids are all grown & gone and I don't get that many opportunities to practice decorating on cakes. Your website has decided me to go ahead and give it a try. Thanks for sharing the great tutorials and recipies....Can't wait to try them out!

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 9:09pm
post #37 of 54

Karen, love your site, welcome to CC. Have been looking forever for a box for my cookies that I liked. Can't wait to try your box template!

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 9:26pm
post #38 of 54

Welcome to CC Karen! I'm so glad you've joined us. I just love your website. You've got so many neat tips and ideas. Don't be shy of us, we are just like one big family and always eager to welcome more!!

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:54am
post #39 of 54

Hi, lovely website - welcome - hope you will feel right at home soon! icon_lol.gif

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:14am
post #40 of 54

WELCOME KAREN!!!!

I love your website and I'm so glad you joined the CC family. Hope you enjoy it every bit as much as I do!!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:55am
post #41 of 54

Aggghhhhh Karen,

I love your web site. I mean the awsome advice on cookies(and the web site). CC is great but I love cookies and your help will be great on here. There is so much great advice and different ways of doing things and just welcome.

icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:56am
post #42 of 54

Welcome Karen!!!!!! party.gif I love your website!! Thanks for sharing your ideas and tips thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:56am
post #43 of 54

Ps do you post to australia

Photomommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Photomommie Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:25pm
post #44 of 54

Okay I'm a little slow I know it's late, but Welcome Karen!!!!!! I'm also new here and am totally addicted to this site, everyone here is great and so helpful! Your website is awesome, I have it in my favs, thank you for sharing all of your tips and advice. So glad you are now here on CC, looking forward to seeing your "hands" soon! icon_biggrin.gif

Dawn

KarensCookies Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:12pm
post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Ps do you post to australia

I don't right now, but we're working on it. International shipping is tough to get set up, but hopefully it will be ready to go soon. Thanks for asking!

Thanks again for everyone's warm welcome. I really appreciate it!

Pumkinwaffles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pumkinwaffles Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 12:40am
post #46 of 54

I just whipped up some of your cookie dough from the recipe on your site, the dough is the best I have ever tasted, on my quest to find the perfect recipe! Its in the fridge chilling now, Im excited to bake them. I am a new sugar cookie baker, and as of yet, I have not found the right recipe to use.

Your website is great, the pictures are awesome! They really show you how to do things, and as a person that learns from watching, its been very helpful. Im new here too! But everyone has been super nice!

Great to have you here!

happy baking

alicia

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:09am
post #47 of 54

Welcome Karen,so glad to have you! While I do not do a great deal of cookies I try to keep some in stock. Choc chip, triple choc cran oatmeal, pecanlace with orange filling, oatlace with choc filling, raspberry linzer cookies, mint choc hearts that are mint choc cookie dough brushed on the inside with a light layer of choc then filled with a mint cream filling, and just rencently came up with a new one hazelnut shortbread that is dipped in Albert Ulster Hazelnut candy cream only about half way up the cookie, then dipped again in melted schockinag choc up just far enough to leave a small line of the hazelnut candy cream peeking out then sprinkled with some crushed hazelnut...those I can't keep on the shelves.
I was looking at your web site and can I just say that it is fantastic...I am so inspired I just may need to whip up some of your sugar cookies tonight becasue they sound so darn yummy!!
Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful cookie know how with us. icon_smile.gif

KarensCookies Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:25am
post #48 of 54

Pumpkinwaffles, I hope you like the cookies once they're baked. I really like all of the recipes on my site, and I'm pretty picky! I'm glad you're enjoying the site!

Spongemomsweatpants, your cookies sound amazingly wonderful. I could go for some right now! icon_smile.gif I'm halfway through a pregnancy and I'm at my pig-out stage! icon_biggrin.gif Sounds mighty good. I'm glad you liked my site!

By the way, I love everyone's forum names. Now I wish I would have been more creative with mine!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:39am
post #49 of 54

Welcome to CC Karen! I'm so glad you joined us! I must say, back in the late 90's (early 2000's) I stumbled across your site and you inspired me so much with my cookie business! I primarily do cakes now, but still love to dabble with cookies from time-to-time! Your new site is very informative and I love how you've expanded! I also remember seeing pictures of you family on your old site and you have a beautiful one at that! Welcome, again!
Cammie
A BIG fan from Ohio!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:59am
post #50 of 54

Just wanted to say I ordered some cutters from karen and they came superquick even all the way to Alaska. And she has great customer service too, : )

Thanks Karen,

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:09am
post #51 of 54

Welcome Karen! I love your cookies!!!! I am new here and have found a treasure! So many people helping out, sharing ideas, love it!

Elle

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:14am
post #52 of 54

That is too funny-- I just happened upon your site this morning and ordered some cookie cutters--thought it was a great site. Best of luck with your business- I think you'll be very successful!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:25am
post #53 of 54

Hi Karen! Welcome to CC. I had a few minutes to browse your site and have saved it to me favs to go back again later on. Looks like lots of good stuff there. I saw a couple of cutters I've been wanting too so I'll be checking it out more another time. Have fun here. Many good people to share with and learn from.

Sincerely,
Carol

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:34am
post #54 of 54

Hey Kar!!!!! Love that website...saving as we speak. I hope you enjoy cake central, because you are now officially addicted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%