Superb Flavoring Emulsion

Decorating By sugarshack Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 5:49am by sugarshack

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 6:00am
post #181 of 240

Oh, One more question to all of you ladies you are already using this... Miss Sandra said that the flavor was much stronger than regular extracts, do you use the same amount of wedding bouquet as you would of the regular vanilla or almond?
Just curious... can't wait to get it!

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 8:29am
post #182 of 240
Quote:
Quote:

do you use the same amount of wedding bouquet as you would of the regular vanilla or almond?

Well, I didn't know it was stronger and I've been using it the same and it seems fine. I wonder how others are using it??????? icon_smile.gif
Susie

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:08pm
post #183 of 240

I use the same amount too and sometimes a little more.
I use the cake mix extender recipe doubled a lot and it calls for 2 tsps flavoring such as vanilla or almond..... I use 1 TBLS WB and have been getting nothing short of rave reviews on my cake flavor. Repeat orders don't lie! icon_smile.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #184 of 240

Thanks!!!!! I really appreciate your reviews!

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:38pm
post #185 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Oh, One more question to all of you ladies you are already using this... Miss Sandra said that the flavor was much stronger than regular extracts, do you use the same amount of wedding bouquet as you would of the regular vanilla or almond?
Just curious... can't wait to get it!

Oooh - I guess I probably did use less in my frosting than I normally do. I was kinda playing it safe so only put in one cap full (approx 1 tsp). It tasted quite nice so I didn't bother to add any more. I haven't used it in my actual cake recipe which is sounds like others have. (gonna have to try that) Perhaps the baking process dilutes it a bit and thus a bit extra is good?

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:33pm
post #186 of 240

I did a cake for my hairdresser as a thank you for all the appointments I had miss this year due to being sick and for my aging mind's forgetfulness.

I use the WB flavoring in the icing, I use Sharon's (sugarshack) BC recipe, I made a full batch, so I use 5 tablespoons of the flavoring. I call my hairdresser to see how him and the other hairdressers like the cake & flavoring. He said "it was out of this world fantastic" he also said that they love the taste so much, that they were doing their best to get every drop of the icing off the cake board.

My family and I also love the taste of this flavoring. They still want my butter & french vanilla blend flavoring, but said "that the WB flavoring ties in first place with it" and that it is great to have another flavoring that they love. There are some very picky taste buds with my family and friends. It was WONDERFUL to hear that they love this flavoring. I can't wait to also try it a cake mix.

A big Thank You to Sharon & Miss Sandra for sharing the WB flavoring with CC members. Also a big Thank You to all on this thread who posted their comments on the WB flavoring.
God Bless,
Sharon

mmkwynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmkwynne Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:18pm
post #187 of 240

Has anyone tried this in Rolled Buttercream for cookie decorating???? After reading this I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and order!!!! Thanks for sharing sugarshack!!

Teekakes Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:44pm
post #188 of 240

Wanted to share that last night I made a double batch of fondant and used 2 tsps of the WB in it. It is just as good in the fondant as it is in the buttercream. I'll say it again...........this is excellent flavoring and I am not sure which my favorite is, the WB or the Butavan. They both rate 10's IMO! icon_smile.gif

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:48pm
post #189 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkwynne

Has anyone tried this in Rolled Buttercream for cookie decorating???? After reading this I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and order!!!! Thanks for sharing sugarshack!!

I've wanted to try rolled buttercream. it's buttercream that is applied like fondant, right, and can be used on cakes as well?

mmkwynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmkwynne Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:13pm
post #190 of 240

That's right! There are a number of threads on here about Rolled Buttercream and I think that there is a recipe here as well. Some people have used rolled buttercream on cakes, but I think on cakes it is harder to work with than fondant, but I know it is really popular with cookies. HTH!

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 5:55am
post #191 of 240

Hi every one .I am still waiting for my WB to arrive icon_cry.gif .How long did it take for yours to arive???.I have a cake due on sunday .I have been delaying making the butter cream in case I get it before that icon_sad.gif .I think I'll wait one more day and then make my butter cream on Friday night.I really hope I get it before that .

Teekakes Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm
post #192 of 240

Zubia, can't remember the exact time, but, it took me about a week to a week and a half to get mine from the time I mailed my check to the date I received it. I remember thinking it took longer than I had expected to get it. Maybe you will receive it today. Saying a little prayer for ya and keeping fingers crossed you will get it today! icon_smile.gif

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:36pm
post #193 of 240

Hi Zubia, I mailed your package last Friday. I hope you will receive it today.

sandra Bertone

susies1955 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 5:34pm
post #194 of 240

I've used it three times already and I "LOVE" it.
Thanks again Sandra,
icon_smile.gif
Susie

zubia Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 7:17pm
post #195 of 240

Thank you , sandeeb icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif .I know I am getting impatient ,but can you blame me ,YOU all are raving about it soooo much ,That I HAVE to act like a kid .I'll wait for today's mail and may be tomorrow too. icon_biggrin.gif Now that I know its on its way.

afh0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afh0212 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:44am
post #196 of 240

save

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:27pm
post #197 of 240

I received the Wedding Bouquet from Miss Sandra and LOVE IT!! The flavor in my BC is very smooooth and wonderful!! I used WB in my "white" frostings and have had lots of people compliment the flavor. It really is a wonderful mix of flavors.

I haven't used it in any cakes, yet, so am curious as to how others have liked it and what cake flavor they used it in.

Also, I'm on the West Coast, quite a ways away for shipping. My shipping cost was just what the UPS charged direct to my zip code. Not inflated, very reasonable & not at all as expensive as some sites.

thumbs_up.gif

susies1955 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #198 of 240

Hey there you are GI! icon_smile.gif Great to have you posting. Haven't seen you in a bit.
Glad you love the WB. It sure is wonderful for sure.
Susie

zubia Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 11:12pm
post #199 of 240

well ,didn't get my WB last last week. icon_cry.gif This suspense is killing me, and people keep on saying how wonderfull it is . icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Teekakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:18am
post #200 of 240

Hey zubia........don't forget today is Columbus day so no mail was delivered. I am betting you get it tomorrow! icon_biggrin.gif

zubia Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:26am
post #201 of 240

I am keeping my fingers crossed.I have few cakes next week .So I'll be very happy to get it any time before they are due.

zubia Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:25am
post #202 of 240

I got it ,I got it. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I am going tomake my butter cream tomorrow .It smells really nice.I am going to read the whole thread again so I can find out how much to use and every other advise people have shared.
Thank you Miss sandra.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:38am
post #203 of 240

I just want to say that I have used this Wedding Bouquet flavoring also from Louisiana and it is incredible. When it arrived I opened it and couldn't believe how fragrant it was. I kept the bottle near my computer for weeks just because I enjoyed the scent so much, in fact, I wish I could use this like a body cream or just plain old bathe in it. It's just wonderful and I know all who ordered/order it won't be disappointed.

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:04am
post #204 of 240

Just a quick note from the Aussie contingent!

I finally got to try WB (thank you so much, Teekakes! You are an absolute Legend - that's a good thing in Aussie-speak! icon_lol.gif ) There was some delay after receiving it due to injury, but I finally got back to the kitchen.

OMG .... This stuff is absolutely incredible!!

Miss Sandra, you, too, are now officially an Aussie Legend! Please let me know soonest if you decide to ship this concoction to Australia - I am sure that you will have many, many customers!

Then again, maybe I should just keep it to myself! icon_twisted.gif
(Oh dear, was Sugarcraft right?)

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:23am
post #205 of 240

Ok, the suspense is killing me, I've got to get some WB too...ya'll can't have something so wonderful that I don't have!!!! icon_wink.gif

Teekakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:00pm
post #206 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCookie

Just a quick note from the Aussie contingent!

I finally got to try WB (thank you so much, Teekakes! You are an absolute Legend - that's a good thing in Aussie-speak! icon_lol.gif ) There was some delay after receiving it due to injury, but I finally got back to the kitchen.

OMG .... This stuff is absolutely incredible!!

Miss Sandra, you, too, are now officially an Aussie Legend! Please let me know soonest if you decide to ship this concoction to Australia - I am sure that you will have many, many customers!

Then again, maybe I should just keep it to myself! icon_twisted.gif
(Oh dear, was Sugarcraft right?)

Injury?? Are you OK? Sorry to hear you have been injured and not able to be in the kitchen!
So glad to hear you were able to use the WB and like it. I was more than happy to ship it to you and will be happy to ship it again when you are ready for it. You just let me know. icon_smile.gif Hopefully they won't squish your package this next time! That was awful! icon_sad.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:10pm
post #207 of 240

party.gif WTG! all of you who got their WB flavoring, you are going to love it!! Please, keep us updated as to how you like it and how much you use in your icing recipe.

O.K. my first time making a 5 1/2 pound batch of icing with this flavoring, I put 5 tablespoons of the flavoring in....that was just a little strong for my taste buds, (but this stuff taste great) next time I will try 3-4 tablespoons of it. I love the smell, can't get enough of it icon_lol.gif it's like having to get my WB fix for the day he-he-he.

Again I would like to say a big Thank You! to Miss Sandeeb & Sharon (sugarshack) for sharing the WB flavoring with us all.

God Bless,
Sharon

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #208 of 240

I dont told ya'll this stuff is liquid crack. icon_biggrin.gif

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:01pm
post #209 of 240

Alright!! I'm hooked on it just by reading this thread! icon_lol.gif I will definately order some as soon as possible!! Cannot wait to try it!! icon_smile.gif

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:47pm
post #210 of 240

I have been waiting for mine too. I was hoping to have it before a couple of big wedding cakes coming up. Any idea when it will be shipped.

Marilyn from Iowa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%