Superb Flavoring Emulsion

Decorating By sugarshack Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 5:49am by sugarshack

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:44pm
post #211 of 240

To all of you who have ordered Wedding Bouquet All orders received so far are in transit. I hope you all receive your orders in time for your special cakes. I am sorry it has been taking so long with parcel post and I will try another route. Please be patient. Thanks.

Sandra Bertone

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 1:08am
post #212 of 240

Hi, I got it too!!!! I am soo excited, can't wait to bake a cake and make some BC, I even want to add it to fondant!! I'm so excited! Thanks so much Sharon and thanks Ms. Sandra!!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:00am
post #213 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hi, I got it too!!!! I am soo excited, can't wait to bake a cake and make some BC, I even want to add it to fondant!! I'm so excited! Thanks so much Sharon and thanks Ms. Sandra!!

Oh, Gaby! This WB takes the flavor of fondant to a whole new level! It is all I use in my fondant now. Sinfully delicious!

nefgaby Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:41am
post #214 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Oh, Gaby! This WB takes the flavor of fondant to a whole new level! It is all I use in my fondant now. Sinfully delicious!

Hi Lea,
Do you add it to MMF? If so, how much? I was thinking I should add the vanilla I always add PLUS the WB, do you think it might be too much?
I know I have to go back to the PP's and read how they are doing it... I'm just soooo excited! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks!

Teekakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #215 of 240

Gaby, I make Toba Garretts fondant and use 2 teaspoons of WB. I do not use other flavorings when I use WB because I do not want to take away from its already dynamic flavor.
I am sure adding it to your mmf recipe would be no different than adding to my recipe.
You are going to be Flipping for Fondant when you taste it! icon_lol.gif

nefgaby Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:04pm
post #216 of 240

THANKS!!!!!! Can't wait, will keep you posted!
I was also thinking... what about WASC, maybe replace the almond for the WB? Any thoughts?

Teekakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:37pm
post #217 of 240

Yes! I use the WB in the WASC recipe and call it my Wedding Bouquet White Cake. It is delicious!

nefgaby Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:40pm
post #218 of 240

yuuum! Thanks!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 11:45pm
post #219 of 240

Blueberry muffins & WB flavoring.."OH MY"!!!

To day I made 12 of the Duncan Hines Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins. After I put 1/2 the batter in 6 cc holders, it me....hey try some of the WB in the rest of the batter (Butavan is good also in them)....so I put about 1/4 teaspoon of WB in what was left. I bake them at 375 (box saids 400) for about 24 mins. I put the 6 with the WB on the right side plate, the other 6 in the plate on the left. Let me say that the right side had done left. HE HE HE, I still haven't told my family what I did, but I will later.

Oh my goodness they were DELICIOUS! The ones with the WB flavoring were the first to be eaten. You can still taste the blueberry, but the WB just brings another type of taste to it, gives it some kind of kick icon_biggrin.gif

I will try this again but with the whole batter and add a 1/2 teaspoon or maybe even a teaspoon. Hope you guys get to try this out in some muffins, if so let us know how it work for you.

God Bless,
Sharon

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:46am
post #220 of 240

Lord help me.

Must. Make. Muffins.

grannys3angels Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #221 of 240

(quote Sharon)
Lord help me.

Must. Make. Muffins.

Now thats funny Sharon, I can see you walking to the kitchen, with arms out in front of you like a zombie saying, " Must...Make...Muffins" icon_lol.gif They did taste so goooood.

I just want to tell everyone, if you do try this in your muffins...you might have to add more or less then what I did. I wish I would thought of it when I still had a full batch of batter, oh well next time icon_smile.gif

O.K. so now I am thinking WB in cookies next thumbs_up.gif has anyone try that yet? If so how did the WB taste in your cookies?

God Bless,
Sharon

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 10:33pm
post #222 of 240

[quote="grannys3angels"
O.K. so now I am thinking WB in cookies next thumbs_up.gif has anyone try that yet? If so how did the WB taste in your cookies?[/quote]

Sharon, I've used WB in a very plain cookie recipe (instead of vanilla). It is incredible! I'm grateful that I survived the experience with fingers intact - the family was so keen for more! icon_biggrin.gif

grannys3angels Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #223 of 240

Thanks Oz, for the reply and it is very good news to hear, that the WB is great in cookies. I will have to give it ago next time I make a batch of cookies thumbs_up.gif .

God Bless,
Sharon

sugarshack Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 3:42am
post #224 of 240

Thanks a lot guys.

Now. Must. Make. Cookies.

icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

afh0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afh0212 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:57am
post #225 of 240

I received my WB today. I am obviously the only one in the world that is not crazy over the flavor. In MHO it has a VERY STRONG almond flavor....I have always thought that almond flavor tastes like cherries....I DON"T LIKE CHERRIES! I would be afraid to use it in my icing for fear of there being someone else like me that didn't like it and then they would think all my cakes would be like that.
Well anyway, I have ordered a quart....guess I will have it for a long time!

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:51am
post #226 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Thanks a lot guys.

Now. Must. Make. Cookies.

icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Hee, hee, hee!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
(Sorry!)

grannys3angels Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:30am
post #227 of 240

afh0212, so sorry to hear that the WB flavor does not work for you in your icing. I am one who does not care much for almond, but I love Chinese Almond cookies icon_confused.gif crazy I know. I love Butavan flavoring in my white & yellow cake mixes, but not in my icing.

You might be able to do as I do with my family and friends....when I have a new flavoring. What I like they might not, what they like I might not. I will ask them would they like to taste it, and if so I will make cc's and ice them with icing in the new flavor. Some will love it some won't, guess it's all in the taste buds. Keep us posted if you try the flavoring with family & friends.

I got Sugarshacks DVD today and it is GREAT! She takes you step by step how to ice a cake in bc (no shortcuts), to get those sharp, crisp corners on square cakes and sharp edges on your round cakes. She also shows you how to get them smooth like she does. It is a wonderful DVD. Some people didn't know she had come out with a dvd, so heres a link to the thread about it, if you want to check it out.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=561142&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

God Bless,
Sharon

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:31am
post #228 of 240

how much should I plan on spending on this Wedding Bouquet flavoring??

sugarshack Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:51am
post #229 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by afh0212

I received my WB today. I am obviously the only one in the world that is not crazy over the flavor. In MHO it has a VERY STRONG almond flavor....I have always thought that almond flavor tastes like cherries....I DON"T LIKE CHERRIES! I would be afraid to use it in my icing for fear of there being someone else like me that didn't like it and then they would think all my cakes would be like that.

jusi asking, but did u taste it from the bottle or put it in BC? I do not suggest tasting it from the bottle; nothing like when it is made up. Plus, you can use as little as you like per batch of icing to get the strength/degree of flavor you want.

I just hate to see you have spent money on somthing you won't use, so I am just humbly suggesting things you can try and maybe you will like it after all. thumbs_up.gif

sugarshack Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:53am
post #230 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodthi32

how much should I plan on spending on this Wedding Bouquet flavoring??

I think it about $10 for the smaller bottle and $25 for the quart.

afh0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afh0212 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:59am
post #231 of 240
Quote:

Quote:

jusi asking, but did u taste it from the bottle or put it in BC? I do not suggest tasting it from the bottle; nothing like when it is made up. Plus, you can use as little as you like per batch of icing to get the strength/degree of flavor you want.

I just hate to see you have spent money on somthing you won't use, so I am just humbly suggesting things you can try and maybe you will like it after all. thumbs_up.gif

sugarshack, thanks for the suggestions as I too hate to think I spent $33 on it and don't like it.
But, yes, I did use it in my buttercream and I didn't use much as I had took a big wiff of it in the bottle! ( I knew as soon as I smelled it that it was not going to be for me! But I tried it anyway just to make sure.

I am probably just wierd! icon_surprised.gif I just don't like that almond flavoring and it is very much almondy! If that is even a word!!! Thanks for the suggestions though!

sugarshack Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:01pm
post #232 of 240

oh, I am so sorry you don't like it. I don't deny it has a strong almond taste; and that is not for everyone. Do you know another caker who might buy it from you?

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:32pm
post #233 of 240
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sugarshack, thanks for the suggestions as I too hate to think I spent $33 on it and don't like it.
But, yes, I did use it in my buttercream and I didn't use much as I had took a big wiff of it in the bottle! ( I knew as soon as I smelled it that it was not going to be for me! But I tried it anyway just to make sure.

I am probably just wierd! icon_surprised.gif I just don't like that almond flavoring and it is very much almondy! If that is even a word!!! Thanks for the suggestions though!

Hey sweetie!! I'll buy it!! I love cherries and almonds. How much did she charge you with shipping. I'll just pay you thaticon_smile.gif I was going to buy some anyway..........

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:57am
post #234 of 240

Oh My God ,I made my first cake with WB today .It smells sooooo good.Every one who stepped in my house today asked the first question what are you making.I haven't tasted the cake icon_sad.gif .I have yet to try it in butter cream.Funny thing is since I got my WB all the cakes I made were filled and covered with ganache.VERY ANNOYING.
Thank you sugarshack and Miss Sandra.

sugarshack Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:52am
post #235 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubia

.Funny thing is since I got my WB all the cakes I made were filled and covered with ganache.VERY ANNOYING.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA; FUNNY

Glad you like it! thumbs_up.gif

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:39pm
post #236 of 240

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but does it need refrigeration?

I just ordered today and I'm looking forward to perking up my bland buttercream!

sugarshack Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm
post #237 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4sugar

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but does it need refrigeration?

I just ordered today and I'm looking forward to perking up my bland buttercream!

nope! thumbs_up.gif

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:47am
post #238 of 240

oh I am so stupid. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif .I liked it so much ,and was very excited to do an other cake with WB that I forgot that I was making half the recipe of WASC and added 2 TBS of WB.It smelled really good again but now Iam worried it might be strong.And to top it off there was a caterer at the party who was very happy to know I do cakes . icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif ,I hope I have not blown that opportunity.
BUT it really is good ,just donot get over excited like me . icon_biggrin.gif

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:38am
post #239 of 240

Thanks, Sharon! I'm very excited to try this .

I wonder if we should start a "How Do You Use Your Wedding Bouquet" article just like there is a chart for Cake Ball flavors? party.gif

sugarshack Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:49am
post #240 of 240

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%