How Much Is Wilton Course 2 Kit?

Decorating By projectqueen Updated 16 Sep 2006 , 2:15am by vanz

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 1:51am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know?

I didn't buy the course 1 kit because I had almost all of the stuff already. I just had to pick up one or two items.

I glanced at the list for course 2 and I don't have most of what's on there.

Just wondering what the outlay will be.

Also, do you get the book at the first class and not before? Are you supposed to bring a cake to the class because it didn't say so on my sheet. It didn't mention anything about a cake.

9 replies
vanz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanz Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 2:28am
post #2 of 10

I just bought mine and it costs Cnd$37.00. I'm returning it tomorrow 'cause I heard that Michael's is offering free course if you buy the kit from them. I noticed that some tips I already have is with the kit too. My Course I instructor told us that the cake will be done at the end of the course...

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:07am
post #3 of 10

Michaels' has a 50% off coupon starting on Sunday. It came in my Sunday paper last Sunday.

Kim2368 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim2368 Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:12am
post #4 of 10

I've seen the kit for $24.99, according to my course 1 instructor, you only make one cake in course 2. You just need icing for the first night of class, plus your supplies. Hope this helps you

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:21am
post #5 of 10

At Michaels the Course 2 kit is $24.99. October is buy the kit get the class for free at Michaels, and you can use a coupon on the kit.

You only make one cake in C2 for Lesson 4. Lesson one is buttercream work, you will learn a few more borders, the rose bud and the mum. Your teacher will probably show you how to make royal icing.

You will use color flow and royal icing for Lesson 2 and royal in Lesson 3 for the flowers. For week 4 you are back to buttercream for the basket weave and rope border.

You should get the book the first night of the course and you should have gotten a list of supplies to bring the first night of class when you signed up. If you did not I would contact the instructor.

projectqueen Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:30am
post #6 of 10

Yes, I did get a list of supplies when I registered, but no book. Glad to know I will get it the first night of class.

I took course 1 at Michaels but the instructor left a lot to be desired so I am taking course 2 at AC Moore. Oddly, they want me to bring my certificate (normal) and receipts showing I purchased the supplies at AC Moore. That part sounds strange to me, I should be able to purchase them wherever I want. What if I already had them? Odd.

Anyway, the class is only 15.00 so I guess I will try to get the course kit with the coupon and it won't be so bad.

Thanks for the replies.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 4:06am
post #7 of 10

Just so you know, its available right here on CakeCentral.com
http://shop.cakecentral.com/wilton-course-cake-decorating-p-1329.html
10% Off too icon_smile.gif

skarudy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skarudy Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 7:10am
post #8 of 10

i work at michaels and we have a coupon coming out in the paper this sunday for 50% off so the kit is around $25 so with the coupon like $15 i never buy my kits without a coupon!

projectqueen Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 2:25pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone!

vanz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanz Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 2:15am
post #10 of 10

Do we get Michael's coupons in Canada? Appreciate some info. that would be great if I can get a coupon too. I'm signing up for Course II in October & yes course is free if you buy the kit from them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%