So Many New Members

Lounge By Mac Updated 17 Sep 2006 , 2:33am by mlynnb

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 37

OK--I have seen so many new members--let's get to know you.
When I joined someone started a thread about 3 things people would be surprised to know about you. I'll start but mine may be a repeat of that thread.

1--I have 2, really 3 tattoos. A frog on my ankle, a dolphin on my lower back and just added tribal waves to it this year.

2--I love KISS--seen them 7 times in concert. Met Eric backstage when I snuck back there (he has since passed away from throat cancer)

3--I have seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show 27 times and know the words to all of it.

I know there are more but I will stick to these three for now.

Your turn...

36 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 37

Ok Mac I'll play! I agree this site is growing with leaps and bounds! I have been watching the "most ever logged on at one time" count keeps climbing.

1. I work outside the house but only for 9 hours a week-does that count

2. I have a just begun an obsession with geneology and family history

3. man I am boring!!! I need to think on this more!

jac1105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jac1105 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 37

Hi. I'm new here and addicted.

1. I work full time as a deli/bakery mgr.

2. I have 3 sons.

3. I teach cake classes.

4. If I'm not doing the top 3, then I'm on the computer.

I look forward to meeting more of you and monving up the member line.

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 37

I've been a member longer than I've been active, because of my slow DSL before. Now I have broadband and there is no stopping me!! I've become sooo addicted!

1. I've been married for 4 1/2 years after being divorced and on my own for 19 years (this DH is a keeper).

2. I'm a massage therapist (after 20+ yrs of corporate BS) and work out of my home (my massage business and myself are both licensed through the state) so I get to play here between appointments. I tell people I got out of the rat race because the rats were winning anyway.

3. My only son turned into a family of 5 (him, wife, 3 children) They live 8 hours away, but I go for all the birthdays and bake the cakes. I tell people I have 5 kids. The newest one is only 5 mos old.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 37

This is a great idea! I know we chat all the time but don't get to know much besides others cake skills and techniques!

1. I've been married for 6 years. All of our friends think this is "forever" because we were the first in our group of friends to get married, by a few years.

2. I love animals and have one cat and one dog, both adopted from shelters or rescue groups. My cat is missing half of his tail - don't know how it happened, we adopted him that way. We adopted a Coonhound as a first dog (we were told we were crazy!) but the joke's on the nay-sayers, he's the greatest!

3. It's Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting at work as "backup" and still waiting for something to do! Ugggggh!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 37

I'll play....

1.I'm a mom of three and have been married for 22 years.

2.A stay at home mom for years. Now running my own small caterting company and baking cakes to sell.

3.New to this computer thing. Not just CC, but to it all. My DH is a computer professional so he's pulling me into the modern age icon_lol.gif
I will tell you that the more I learn the more I love it.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 37

OK I'm in!!

1. I'm a mom of 3 beautiful children (ages 12,10½ and icon_cool.gif married for 9 years.

2. I'm a stay-at-home mom with a license to sell cakes from my home.

3. I'm a cat lover, my two big wishes are: to own a maincoon cat and to get a feline tatooed on my lower back (after I reach my healthy weight)

can't wait to read others.....

arwin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwin Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 37

Hi, I'm Arwen

1. mum of 5 children....only 2 survived

2. am from canada, manitoba

3. i love white wine.

4. (I HATE cleaning up after making icing thumbsdown.gif )

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 37

Ok, here goes...

1. I am currently a stay at home Mom with my 5 month old daughter and I enjoy every single second of it.

2. I have my bachelor's degree in visual design - illustration

3. One of my favorite things to do is go out for dinner and a nice bottle of wine with my DH (those nights are few and far between now that we have our daughter icon_smile.gif

4. And I LOVE this site!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 9:29pm
post #10 of 37

Ok..

I sell vintage lingerie on ebay... mostly to cross-dressing men on the east coast.. icon_lol.gif

I have a rather huge 5" tarantula that I am quite terrified of but let my daughter bring home to help me conquer my fear....

I am Catholic but for some reason, absolutely love the movie 'The Devil's Advocate'...

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 9:32pm
post #11 of 37

Ok, my turn...

1. Home from work the last 3 months recuperating from foot surgery...just got another 3 months off from my doctor. Yay! (That's the reason my posts are so high!)

2. Married to the same guy for 26 years, 2 sons and 5 grandchildren.

3. Love baking cakes and cookies for my special friends and family.

Sams

texaskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texaskitty Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 10:01pm
post #12 of 37

ok...I will take a turn now

1. I am a stay at home wife. Been married for almost 3 years, but haven't decided on kids yet.

2. My husband is 20 years older than me. I love sweing people's reactions when I tell them this.

3. I love to bake cakes, but I hate to cook and clean. I usually bake the cakes and DH cleans up after me as I go icon_biggrin.gif . He doesn't mind so much, hew loves cake, lol.

4. I also have 3 tattoos, a flower on my ankle, a sun on my lower back and a large fairy on my mid to upper back

There is so much more I could tell, but I will limit to these for now, lol

Melissa

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 10:40pm
post #13 of 37

Ok...my turn

1. I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys ages 4 (almost 5) and 2 and my DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this year.

2. My DH and I live on an acreage where we farm.

3. I love animals!!! (and cakes and of course, CC icon_biggrin.gif !)

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 10:42pm
post #14 of 37

Ok here it goes

1. I am a Mom to two great kids and wife to my husband of 22 years.

2. I work as a nurse in a nursing home in infection control and immunizations. 20 hours a week.

3. I love to sew and bake. I started cake decorating 2 years ago.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 12:20am
post #15 of 37

Okay, lets see..
1. I am only 21 years old, been decorating since my senior year in high school. Starting having request and calls for cakes since then.

2. I have a degree in Culinary Arts, and I am currently working on a Bachelors in Culinary Arts Management. All my classes are online, so I can bake, decorate and cater.

3. I am a HUGE lover of Longaberger Baskets! I made my first trip to the homestead this past June and I already want to go back!

icon_biggrin.gif

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 12:48am
post #16 of 37

I can only think of one thing about myself that would surprise anyone who knows me, but a few for people who don't. So here they are:

1) I have a total of 16 pets - that is if my one bunny makes it through her illness. icon_sad.gif

2) I changed careers after turning 40.

3) I started getting interested in Cake decorating when I was a teenager, quit, my mom started decorating, quit and I started again!!

More unusual than surprising I guess. But one interesting note about my 22 year old son - his father is named after him. Weird, but true!!! icon_confused.gif

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 12:50am
post #17 of 37

Since I'm one of the newbies, I guess I'll take a turn...

1) I'm a certified athletic trainer, but have been a stay at home mom for 4+ years (daughter is 7, son is 4)

2) I plan on going back to work one of these days, but probably not in my field. I would like to find something part time that will still allow me to be home when my kids get home from school in the afternoons.

3) I am very active in Siberian Husky Rescue. If you are considering adding a pet (any pet) to your family, please do a lot of research first! Please also consider a shelter or rescue pet and do not support the puppy mill industry. There are too many unwanted dogs and cats in this world as it is, spay & neuter all your pets! In the small state of Delaware alone, over 10,000 dogs & cats are euthanized in shelters every year. When you adopt from a shelter, you really are saving a life.

Thanks for listening,
-Lisa

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 12:58am
post #18 of 37

I'll Play icon_smile.gif

1. I am a daycare provider (only till I'm famous)lol
2. Tatoo on ankle of a firehouse dog
3. Married 5yrs, 1 little boy & 2 american Eskimo dogs

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 8:44am
post #19 of 37

Ok her goes icon_biggrin.gif

1. Mom to 2, one 15 yr old boy and a 7 yr old girl, and married to hubby for 9yrs

2. I love all kind of crafts (cake decorating dunce.gif ,sewing,floral arranging to many more to mention)

3. Have a little store I share rent with 2 other women and my mom We have alot of things under one roof AVON, Mia Bella Candles, Pampered Chef, Home Accents and Gifts (woodworking my mom does) I also make thing with my votive candles

4. In other words I am creative I inherit it from my mom and G-Ma icon_biggrin.gif

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 6:43pm
post #20 of 37

Welcome To All Newbies... icon_biggrin.gif
Morningglories, is a shared membership between my 22 yr old D.D. and I, so here's some info from both of us.

1- I have a career, as a SAHM. I am mom to 7 children- ages 31, 29, 25, 22, 13, 9, & 7, we have 2 babies asleep in death, ages would have been 21 & 19. Our youngest DS is Autistic and a complete joy, even on his tough day's. I also have 5 GC- ages (12, 9), (3, 9mo), & (15mo).

2- I've known DH for 33yrs, and we have been married for 21yrs. Short explanation is 'Third time is a Charm!'

3- I have lived in or have had an extended visit to every State except Alaska, Washington, Oregon, & Hawaii.
Hi everybody and Welcome to C.C.,

1- I am mom to the most gorgeous boy in the world! 15mo Jakob, named after Jakob Dylan. I love his music. icon_wink.gif

2- Cake decorating is only one of my hobbies. I also love to crochet, & scrapbook. icon_smile.gif

3- I've met Steven Segal. He was filming in Colorado when my DM, baby sis and I were on Am-Trak. We had to stop the train so that they could set up and film a scene. He saw me and gave me a big wink, a friendly smile, and a huge hello. Everybody else on the train was trying to get his attention but I'm the one he gave it to. I was 12 then and didn't know who he was. It wasn't until later that my DM told me he was an Actor. To me he was just a very nice man. icon_cool.gif

editted because I am a 'grate spellar' icon_lol.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:08pm
post #21 of 37

Okay, I'm in...

1. I'm a SAHM to 3 boys (10, 8, & 5) & love staying home.

2. I was once an aspiring actress & went to UT @ Austin. I met Kris Kristofferson on a movie set in Austin TX. He was very nice to everyone there.

3. I love history, especially genealogy, but haven't had time to pursue it or my scrapbooking! icon_cry.gif

Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:44pm
post #22 of 37

I'll Try...

1.) I'm 21 years old and work full time at a Houseboat manufacuring company, go to school full time, and decorate cakes for extra money on the weekends.

2.) I'm going to school for computer database administration but my dream is to one day open a bakery and gourmet coffee shop (there are neither in this small town I live in, love it here though)

3.) I love being outdoors and go hunting, camping, and fishing on a regular basis. (I'm a real tomboy)

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 8:56pm
post #23 of 37

Hi All,
I'm not so new but this looked like fun!

1. I'm the mother of twins and have twin sisters too.
2. I've traveled to approx 25 countries.
3. I collect dolls, Pillsbury Doughboy things and Anne Geddes things.

KimAZ

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 9:24pm
post #24 of 37

Lets see . . .

1. I have two beautiful daughters, 16yr old cheerleader, sophomore in high school who is also doing a college class and a 20 yo medical student recently married, and I have been married for 28 years.

2. Took wilton classes in 1977 but didn't decorate much until DD let me do her wedding cakes, now I am obsessed with it.

3. I am 5 ft tall and my husband is 6' 4" (oh yeah and I don't have any tattoos yet)

mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 5:09am
post #25 of 37

Hi,everyone! This IS fun!
1- I'm a stay at home mom and baker w/ dh for 21 yrs ( left me once), two daughters (20 and 17), 2 cats and 2 cockatiels. My time is highly solicited!

2- I'm taking a poetry class on FRIDAYS! But it gives me a chance to mingle with people other than family and clients. We write at night , under open tents in a plaza!

3- The most exciting thing to happen to me this year (and in quite a while) was going to see the Rolling Stones in concert (alone, oh well)! They were fantastic!

4- I've lived in New York, L.A., Chicago and Puerto Rico.
Marie

mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 5:11am
post #26 of 37

Hi,everyone! This IS fun!
1- I'm a stay at home mom and baker w/ dh for 21 yrs ( left me once), two daughters (20 and 17), 2 cats and 2 cockatiels. My time is highly solicited!

2- I'm taking a poetry class on FRIDAYS! But it gives me a chance to mingle with people other than family and clients. We write at night , under open tents in a plaza!

3- The most exciting thing to happen to me this year (and in quite a while) was going to see the Rolling Stones in concert (alone, oh well)! They were fantastic!

4- I've lived in New York, L.A., Chicago and Puerto Rico.
Marie

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 6:56am
post #27 of 37

this is so cool!... my turn...

1. Am a contract bookkeeper/accountant & work out of home 3 days a week... also do work from home after the kids are asleep!

2. Am a mum to 2 boys (4 & 17mths)

3. Am treasurer for the local playgroup (got suckered in on that one!)

4. Am aspiring to be a half decent cake decorator! -- am taking lessons at night to learn the finer art of sugarcraft

5. Been married for 5yrs this month.. woohoo! -- isn't that the 'DIAMOND' anniversary!!?? (hint hint DH)

6. The most isolated place I've lived is Wyndham in far north Western Australia... (( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wyndham_location_map_in_Western_Australia.PNG )) in case you're curious -- Perth is where I'm at now.

And think thats about it!!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:07am
post #28 of 37

This is a great way to know about all of you. So I guess I'll jump in.

1. I am a Vietnam veteran, USAF, former Fighter jet electrician, later cross-trained into drugs and alcohol counselling.

2. We have 8 children, ranging in ages 23-40. 10 grandchildren ages 3 months to 20, 1 great-grandchild age 2 and one in the hatch.

3. My husband and I traveled in the entertainment business for 5 years, from one end of this country to the other, a death in the family brought us back to more roots. I have been decorating since the 70's.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 12:00pm
post #29 of 37

Ok.. here I go..

1. I am a professional SAHM.. Ha ha everyone here sounds so smart!! I cook, clean, bake and complain 7 days a week..

2. Married to hubby for 17 yrs, have 4 children..
Ages 16, 14, 13 , and 4. (raised my niece 17 and nephew 20 for a few years now.. Who recently went back home. icon_sad.gif

3. Dust is my enemy!!!! oh yeah, 1 pet.. A baby turtle..

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 3:25pm
post #30 of 37

Hey! I will get along with anyone who has a pet turtle or loves turtles!! icon_smile.gif

1. I am a bus driver/vol. firefighter/full time dear abby (I get paid for all of them but the Dear Abby one icon_smile.gif )

2. I have 1 tattoo & want more!! There addictive!! icon_lol.gif

3. I have 3 kids (son 19, daughter 16, son 18 (recently adopted) ) Been married nearly 20 years!! Yep, to the same man~ thumbs_up.gif

4. I had to add this one.... I've personally met Mac, Ntertayneme, Misdawn, TexasSugar~ (can't wait to meet more members!) I wonder if I left anyone out?? Oops sorry if I did!! We need a CC get together!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%