Warning - Ebay Seller Cntcakes

Decorating By cmjnc Updated 5 Sep 2006 , 9:09pm by frider

cmjnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmjnc Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 136

Just a quick post to warn everyone about eBay seller cntcakes. The seller has lots of baking items, but the customer service is horrible. icon_evil.gif

I simply requested combined shipping and handling from the seller, and they went off the handle. I relented and paid for the items and had them shipped separately. But even after that, the seller left negative feedback saying that I "was a pain" and "wanted things my way."

Feedback on eBay is an important tool and I should not be penalized for having made a simple request when I bid, paid and completed a transaction. Just my two cents for those of you who use eBay for your baking needs.

Thanks...

135 replies
MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 136

Thanks for the info - recently have been buying alot of books/pans on E-Bay and so far have had no problems.......now just jinxed myself! icon_cry.gif

cmjnc Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 136

You probaly won't have any problems, I've bought and sold plenty off of eBay and have never had a problem until now!

I think the difference is that most people are pretty nice; this was just the exception!

I just hope the fact that I have one negative feedback doesn't affect any of my future eBay transactions.

jlocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlocakes Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 136

That is so weird - I also had a problem with that seller but was afraid to leave negative feedback. Did you look at their feedback profile? Anyone who has left negative feedback has gotten reamed!

The listing I bid on advertised free shipping and handling, but they wouldn't honor it. They got really mean in their emails to me.

Good luck - eBay sellers like this should be banned from selling!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 136

I am an Ebayer big time and have never bought a single cake decorating item but thanks for the warning. I usually stay away from sellers like that, I wonder where they get all that stuff to sell on Ebay it doesn't seems legal anyways something fishy about sellers that carry tons of items like a store but don't actually have one. I rarely buy from big stores because the shipping is off the walls!!!! Wilton stuff it's usually very high I don't know who is bidding but sometimes I get some stuff cheaper if I wait for a coupon

thereallara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thereallara Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 136

Thanks for the heads-up. I love ebay and buy and sell all the time. Feedback is extremely important in deciding who to buy from. That seller has been on ebay a long time with good feedback, so it must have been a surprise to get treated so badly. I do appreciate the warning.

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 136

Thanks, only last week I was looking at their pans!

I purchase all my Wilton pans off Ebay as we can't get the older ones here in New Zealand, the postage is horrendous! One cake pan costs me $18us just for the postage. I've started buying them in lots as it's cheaper and on selling the ones i don't want.

One lady though tried to charge me $48us for one pan! You have to be very careful and I always need to check postage before I purchase.

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 7:41pm
post #8 of 136

If they promised free shipping and handling in the auction then they have to honor it. I would complain to ebay. I would also complain to ebay about her leaving you negative feedback for a transaction where she got her money and there were no problems. They might not do anything but then again they might. I buy from ebay all the time and sometimes it happens but mostly I have found many great bargains. : )

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 7:43pm
post #9 of 136

I know that there is a way that you can go in and reply to her negative feedback. This way you can let people know you really weren't a pain, just making a simple request that they wouldn't honor and blew up more than it needed to be. I am not exactly sure how you do it, but I have seen it done. I would try that. icon_smile.gif

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 7:53pm
post #10 of 136

Thanks for the warning.

bmbutler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmbutler Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 7:54pm
post #11 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

If they promised free shipping and handling in the auction then they have to honor it. I would complain to ebay. I would also complain to ebay about her leaving you negative feedback for a transaction where she got her money and there were no problems. They might not do anything but then again they might. I buy from ebay all the time and sometimes it happens but mostly I have found many great bargains. : )

I had two sellers on eBay rip me off re Wilton products and eBay and PayPal will do absolutely NOTHING. I bought a DVD from lynce-l. When I received it, it was an obvious copy including the DVD insert jacket. She agreed to refund me my money upon its return and paid me to ship it back to her. She has the DVD and my money and now is blackmailing me to leave her positive feedback or she won't give me back my money. I refuse to do this especially now with her blackmail. I filed a claim with PayPal. And even though I have a USPS receipt showing shipment and she directly refunds to her agreement to refund me my money when she receives it and has confirmed in another email that she has received it, PayPal will not do anything! I didn't just delivery confirmation so they said "oh, well..too bad." All of my evidence would hold up in a court of law, but PayPal goes by different unwritten rules (their written rules say that a tracking service is suggested not required).

all_american_party_supplies is a complete psycho! I ordered a DVD from him and the insurance was supposed to be optional. His auction manager made it mandatory and PayPal added it into the shipping costs. He blamed them and me for the mistake. When I asked for a refund of the ins cost, he went nuts.

Sorry for so long...but it seems eBay is getting people on it who are totally irrational and then refuses to do anything about vindictive feedback.

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:06pm
post #12 of 136

Mostly they don't do squat I agree. But that situation is a little bit different. DOesn't hurt to try anyway.

sharka75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharka75 Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:07pm
post #13 of 136

I would complain to e-bay too. Like one of the previous posters said - they may not do anything or they may... Maybe if everyone who had a problem like that told them about it, they would do more. If you keep it to yourself they will not know that there ever was a problem. I have purchased things on e-bay and was very lucky to have great sellers. One thing I do not like though is that sellers can wait to post feedback - I ordered & paid = I did my part & they should leave feedback without waiting for me to leave one first. E-bay should definitely do something about that.

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:10pm
post #14 of 136

You can file a dispute with Ebay about the problem with the advertised free shipping. That's basically the only way you can contact them about a problem.

You can, as karenm0712 said, reply to feedback that has been left, but I only figured out how to do it once...it was quite a confusing process and I can't remember how it's done, but you can do it. If you haven't left negative feedback for that person already, you should do it. As far as one negative feedback affecting you, it shouldn't if you have a good history otherwise...but it sure has boiled my blood the few times it has happened to me and been unwarrented!!

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:17pm
post #15 of 136

sharka75, you make a good point about sellers being able to wait to leave feedback, but what if the seller DOES have a problem with the BUYER? For example, I actually sold two sets of cake plates (meaning two different auctions) to this lady and when they arrived, she tried to tell me that she only got half of them (swearing on her mom who was her best friend)...and they were sent in the same box. I was able to dispute her claim by telling her how much each auction had weighed separately and the total weight of the box sent, etc, etc, and then she changed her story saying "SHE" didn't actually unload the box, so wasn't really sure, blah, blah, blah. Well, it was clear from our email exchange she was out to get something for free, but I never left her feedback because she never left for me and even though I had been 100% in the right...I was afraid she would concoct something about me if I left her negative feedback. I contacted someone else who she had bought from (you can do that by clicking on the items that someone left feedback on and emailing the buyer/seller) and that person had had an issue with her too! So, anyway, if I had had to leave feedback immediately, it would have been positive, because she had paid on time, but that wouldn't have reflected the true situation. Of course, given that I was too scared to ever leave the negative feedback, what did I really accomplish?!

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:18pm
post #16 of 136

I've had my beef with Ebay and Paypal and they have always resolved it. I always get delivery confirmation now just in case as well as insurance via the USPS. Paypal can actually transfer $$ from the sellers account as what they did when my nutcrackers went AWOL.

cmjnc Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:21pm
post #17 of 136

I should complain to eBay, as it has become a big feedback war! Since I bought 3 pans, I have 3 opportunities to leave feedback. My first, I left neutral feedback saying "nice pans, not so nice customer service." To which she left horrible feedback! (I don't know if the seller is female; for some reason I just associate cakes with females - sorry for being sexist!)

Now it's a big back and forth, what a pain!

HunBun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HunBun Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:23pm
post #18 of 136

I am writing down the ebay sellers mentioned in this thread and will definitely avoid them. Word of mouth can be a powerful thing - both positive and negative. When I have a bad experience with a vendor or store, I feel better knowing that I can help other people avoid my mistakes.

Thanks guys for sharing.

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:45pm
post #19 of 136

Guys its real easy to respond to negative feedback.
1. log onto your ebay account
2. scroll down to the section entitiled My Account
3. look to the left hand side and click feedback
4. the page titile will say your log in name then a leave feedback button and then off to the right hand side it will say GO to feedback Forum
5. click GO to Feedback forum
6. In the middle box at the top it states reply top feedback received click
then leave your positive or negative feedback !

Now in regards to shipping and conbinding email ebay and report them it will not do much but make a record that they are a bad seller and you can leave negative feedback all day long making their rating bad not yours

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:52pm
post #20 of 136

I usually dont have a problem with ebay people but I just bought my Profesional 600 Kitchen Aid(YAHOOOOO) mixer and they refuse to give me a receipt so that I can activate my warranty. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing. When I emailed them back to request again a receipt they wont respond to me. I want to give them a neutral feedback because of this but I do not want a neg. or neutral one given back to me as I have a perfect feedback rating and do not want it messed up because of them. Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:54pm
post #21 of 136

Thanks for the warning. I buy lots of cake stuff on Ebay and never had problems. Except once. And I filled a complain with Ebay and paypal and Paypal gave me back my money.

If I were you I'd contact Ebay and tell them about this. They need to know. I sell on Ebay too, and customer service is a big deal to me. I treat my customers like I want others to treat me....

big hugs to you!!!

sharka75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharka75 Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 9:16pm
post #22 of 136

Cakeasyoulikeit, I guess you have a point too - there probably are people out there like the lady you mentioned - I still think that the seller should post feedback after they get paid - since that happens first, and buyers when they recieve the item.. what if buyers decided to wait for sellers and sellers kept waiting for the buyers - nobody would have any feedback at all!
But I do understand you - people are afraid to leave feedback first because they're not sure what their counterpart is going to say - especially if you leaving a negative one (you are most likely to get the same back even if you did nothing wrong, that's just how people are).
I guess all we can do is really read through the feedbacks and like you said maybe check with someone else who has dealt with the same person.
And I would still let e-bay know about problems. If people alert them maybe they will come up with something to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeasyoulikeit

sharka75, you make a good point about sellers being able to wait to leave feedback, but what if the seller DOES have a problem with the BUYER? For example, I actually sold two sets of cake plates (meaning two different auctions) to this lady and when they arrived, she tried to tell me that she only got half of them (swearing on her mom who was her best friend)...and they were sent in the same box. I was able to dispute her claim by telling her how much each auction had weighed separately and the total weight of the box sent, etc, etc, and then she changed her story saying "SHE" didn't actually unload the box, so wasn't really sure, blah, blah, blah. Well, it was clear from our email exchange she was out to get something for free, but I never left her feedback because she never left for me and even though I had been 100% in the right...I was afraid she would concoct something about me if I left her negative feedback. I contacted someone else who she had bought from (you can do that by clicking on the items that someone left feedback on and emailing the buyer/seller) and that person had had an issue with her too! So, anyway, if I had had to leave feedback immediately, it would have been positive, because she had paid on time, but that wouldn't have reflected the true situation. Of course, given that I was too scared to ever leave the negative feedback, what did I really accomplish?!

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 9:24pm
post #23 of 136

i would leave her a bad remark, like you said that is an asset on ebay and when someone gets a bad review it means something.

frider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frider Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 9:37pm
post #24 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bake4u

i would leave her a bad remark, like you said that is an asset on ebay and when someone gets a bad review it means something.

It looks like this person is retaliating by leaving bad reviews about the customers that leave bad reviews though.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 9:47pm
post #25 of 136

That seller also has a website!
http://cakesnthings.com/Scripts/default.asp

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 10:06pm
post #26 of 136

these people must have more than 1 EBay account because I got stuff from cntcandy!!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 10:17pm
post #27 of 136

Just go to your ''Feedback" page. There's a place to click onto that says, "FEEDBACK FORUM". Go there and follow the steps. Here's the link for the forum too:
http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

GOOD LUCK........nothing worse than a total jerk on ebay.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 10:24pm
post #28 of 136

I have ordered many items from both cakesNThings and CNTCandy.If I purchase multiple items all at the same time I usually have gotten 1 invoice for the total amount.I personally have never had a problem but like yourself I am sure there has been others that have.

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 10:27pm
post #29 of 136

I didn't have a problem with cntcandy... I ordered 2 molds and she shipped both together. She was very fast and polite to me.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 10:49pm
post #30 of 136

After you leave feedback, and they leave yours, if you check at the end it will have a (REPLY).

You can then reply about the feedback they left.

I had a experience with a lady over a doll house. I over nighted the payment (14.00) extra dollars, in order to get the house for daughters b-day.

Anyhow it took 4 weeks to get it. Can you believe that. icon_eek.gif

She kept giving different ship dates, then she was in the hospital.She could have been who knows, but she said she had someone watching her sells, so why didn't they just ship them too.

Anyway, emails got very nasty, she said I didn't think of no one but myself, hello, since it was for my daughter, I believe I was thinking of her. icon_rolleyes.gif

So in the long of it, I had to go out and bye another house since she was wanting it bad. So I then asked her for a refund. She said she didn't give them, and that I was irresponsible since I purchased a house, when I had one coming.
icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif

Anyway, got item, and have 2 now, but I left neg, feedback, but the great part was, that as soon as she got my payment she left great feedback for me, so all in all its her loss, because mine is good and she got bad. icon_lol.gif

Sorry this was so long, but once I get started on that experience I can't stop. icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%