Warning - Ebay Seller Cntcakes

Decorating By cmjnc Updated 5 Sep 2006 , 9:09pm by frider

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 9:31pm
post #61 of 136

This is what I just sent to cntcakes:

After learning of your VERY HOSTILE attitude towards customers that ask a simple question, I can't see myself ordering ANYTHING from you in the future. I don't deal very well with the 5-year old attitude of DON'T MESS WITH ME coming from a supposed adult. To be specific, there was recently an issue of combined shipping in which you got an attitude instead of taking the adult route and politely stating, I'm sorry, but we're not able to combine shipping. I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE WAY YOU DO BUSINESS AND WILL NOT DO MINE WITH YOU NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. And, from what I've read on a particular forum, there are a LOT of other buyers who have BLACKBALLED YOU! Have a good day.

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 9:33pm
post #62 of 136

MUST.......HAVE......CHOCOLATE.....NOW!!!!! Way too stressed over this! Just makes my blood boil! icon_mad.gif

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 9:36pm
post #63 of 136

Way to go MsTonya!! Let us know if you hear back from them! Go ahead and eat some chocolate - you deserve it!! thumbs_up.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 9:40pm
post #64 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycrew

I find most positive feedback so generic. Most people who leave positive feedback probably just paid immediately and recieved their item so posted positive. I wish there was a way to read only negative feedback. So we could see what the complaint was about and determine if we deemed the risk worthy.

Does anyone know if the "ad" can be changed after the auction ends?

I wish this person would be put on probation or something for their retalliatory comments.

there is a way to read only negative feedback
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

just put in the ebay id

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:00pm
post #65 of 136

I must say that as a seller of baking items on ebay I would NEVER treat my customers this way! I never have and never will! I gladly combine shipping on any and all items purchased from the same person. Other sellers should do the same and many do! I have seen some say that they combine shipping and they only take off a dollar! Now that is a ripoff!

I look forward to receiving feedback from my customers. I have 100% positive feedback and hope to keep it that way.
Now, I do have to say that I do not leave feedback until the transaction is complete. This way, if someone does leave neutral or negative feedback, I will not leave anything for them.
I feel that feedback is mainly for the sellers. People look at a sellers feedback and decide if they will purchase from them or not.
There are not any sellers out there that are looking at someones feedback and saying, they paid fast, I think I will sell to them.

There are customers out there that will buy items and like in my case, leave neutral feedback saying that they do not know how to put an item together.
Why is this my fault?
Why did they have to leave feedback saying that?
Did they receive the item as described? Did you receive it in a timely manner? Was it ok or was it broken?
I think that is what feedback is for.
This is just my opinion, please do not get offended by this.

Anyway, back to the topic.
They have a website which is cakesnthings.com
You can also send them a note thru that site if you do not want to do it thru ebay. (in case they may tell ebay they are being harrassed)

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:02pm
post #66 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilthorner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycrew

I find most positive feedback so generic. Most people who leave positive feedback probably just paid immediately and recieved their item so posted positive. I wish there was a way to read only negative feedback. So we could see what the complaint was about and determine if we deemed the risk worthy.

Does anyone know if the "ad" can be changed after the auction ends?

I wish this person would be put on probation or something for their retalliatory comments.

there is a way to read only negative feedback
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

just put in the ebay id

Thanks for that link ... I just used it to check out ALL of the negative feedback left for this seller. Funny how immature the replies to the feedback from the seller are! What a freak!!!!!

MsTonyasCakes ... I LOVE the email you sent the seller! I will be sending a similar one! Let us know if you get a response!!!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:15pm
post #67 of 136

Devils Advocate here: Does the E-bay ad say that they will combine shipping? I have almost 200 buys on Ebay between me and my DH and we have only had one negative transaction (they advertised something to be sent within 30 days).

As far as feedback is concerned, I have received e-mails from my sellers saying that they will leave me positive feedback as soon as I leave them feedback. I tend to replay that I don't leave feedback unless my seller leaves it first, especially since I tend to pay just as soon as I win the auction. I only have one negative that I know about and that was the one I mentioned.

cakesbyjess Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:15pm
post #68 of 136

Oh, I just sent them an email similar to the one that MsTonyasCakes sent, and here's the response I got:

"We will make sure you don't order from any of our other 3 websites
either. It's evident that your nose is so stuck up in the air anyway you'd
probably drown before you could pay. We don't need you or your stinking opinions so get a life and get lost. The lack of YOUR business will not hurt us ONE LITTLE BIT!"

Very mature! icon_smile.gif

frider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frider Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:29pm
post #69 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyjess

Oh, I just sent them an email similar to the one that MsTonyasCakes sent, and here's the response I got:

probably drown before you could pay. We don't need you or your stinking opinions so get a life and get lost. The lack of YOUR business will not hurt us ONE LITTLE BIT!"

Hmm... hate to quibble, but if your nose is very stuck up in the air, you are far less likely to drown. icon_confused.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Seems as though this person needs to lose some more business, don't you think? What a horrid attitude.

frider Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:40pm
post #70 of 136

I looked carefully at the positive feedback on the seller cntcakes (Cakes n Things) and found that the positive feedback is duplicated positives from the same buyers over and over again. The positive rating, therefore, is a cooked book. A lot of it is just cut and paste positive ratings.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:40pm
post #71 of 136

I tell you, I used to eBay a lot. But in the last year, the transactions go well, and then they leave this ridiculous feedback, that is frankly lies! I just closed my account, said never mind! I think most people on ebay are okay, but if you use it much, you run into the jerks trying to get something for nothing. And PayPal is a total waste of time to try to get them to refund your payment. I also got taken on a fake CD...... oh well, live and learn.

cakesbyjess Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:42pm
post #72 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by frider

Quote:

Hmm... hate to quibble, but if your nose is very stuck up in the air, you are far less likely to drown. icon_confused.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Seems as though this person needs to lose some more business, don't you think? What a horrid attitude.

frider, I thought the same thing. That whole sentence didn't make any sense to me!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #73 of 136

Did you file a grieveance with eBay? I certainly would have. I take no prisoners when it comes to bad service on eBay - If I get bad merchandise, they have one chance to respond, and if I do not like what I hear from them, they automatically get negative feedback and a grievance is filed with eBay. Fortunately, out of the hundreds of items I have purchased over the past year, I have only had to file three grievances with them about vendors.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakesbyjess Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:49pm
post #74 of 136

Oh, and I responded to cntcakes' reply to me, and here's what I got back:

"We are currently operating at a 24.7% increase over last year and have had sales of over $212,000 so far this year! We are moving from our current 2,000 sq ft facility to one we are building that is almost 3,000 sq ft and will be ready to move into by April of next year. So don't think
people, and I use that term loosely, like you make a difference in our business.

The customer is not always right...especially if they are busy bodies
like you who have nothing better to do than to harass people! Look who is being the child now .... YOU. We don't care about your opinion or what you have to say.

Any more emails from you will be considered harassment and a complaint will be filed with Yahoo! to have your email account cancelled."

Wow. Looks like they really enjoy threatening to file complaints! I guess I'll leave it at that. I'm sure someone is going to flame me for getting involved and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I just think it's so wrong the way they treat people. I was just last week looking at some of their ebay auctions, so I think it was OK for me to respond to this as a "potential customer".

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:52pm
post #75 of 136

Who ever is sending those type of reply's is very immature and very unprofessional..not someone I would ever want to do business with at all...sounds like a kid, who's mom aint caught onto what their doing yet!!! I will indeed stir clear of their products on e-bay..thanks for informing us, there's nothing like word of mouth and written proof that these people are really child minded and extremely unprofessional..I cant believe they have gotten away with this kind of action and sales tactics this long on e-bay!!! icon_mad.gif

frider Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 10:57pm
post #76 of 136
Quote:

Oh, and I responded to cntcakes' reply to me, and here's what I got back:

"We are currently operating at a 24.7% increase over last year and have had sales of over $212,000 so far this year! We are moving from our current 2,000 sq ft facility to one we are building that is almost 3,000 sq ft and will be ready to move into by April of next year. So don't think
people, and I use that term loosely, like you make a difference in our business.

The customer is not always right...especially if they are busy bodies
like you who have nothing better to do than to harass people! Look who is being the child now .... YOU. We don't care about your opinion or what you have to say.

Any more emails from you will be considered harassment and a complaint will be filed with Yahoo! to have your email account cancelled."

Wow. Looks like they really enjoy threatening to file complaints! I guess I'll leave it at that. I'm sure someone is going to flame me for getting involved and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I just think it's so wrong the way they treat people. I was just last week looking at some of their ebay auctions, so I think it was OK for me to respond to this as a "potential customer".

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Sales of $212,000 so far this year???? What a joke. That shows that they are losing lots and lots of business because of their attitude. Their profit is only a percentage of that and their costs are just about to go up with that new 3000 square foot building (moving to a new home with mom and dad, perhaps?). If they don't want potential customers, they shouldn't have any customers at all. I also think it's poor business to have to fake the positive feedback as they have.

Does E-Bay have a way to report fake positive feedback?

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:05pm
post #77 of 136

I wonder since they sell Wilton merchandise, if they have an agreement with them. It seems like I read something on their site once about selling their products. I don't think Wilton would appreciate their customers being treated this way!! icon_mad.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:10pm
post #78 of 136

I find it very Odd and Unprofessional to be divulging financial information like this to customers..This tells me that they...number 1..don't make that kind of money cause people who brag about what they make usually don't
!! and number 2....have absolutely no customer service skills whatsoevr...Too bad really!!!

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:10pm
post #79 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrab

I wonder since they sell Wilton merchandise, if they have an agreement with them. It seems like I read something on their site once about selling their products. I don't think Wilton would appreciate their customers being treated this way!! icon_mad.gif

I believe they state that on their store website that they are a Wilton Products Distributor. Does that mean they have a business agreement (or something like that-agreement to sell Wilton products for Wilton)
I would email Wilton and see if they know anything about this store and how they are treating customers.
I looked up the neg feedback and I have to say I am appalled at the language this person is using. It's despicable and they should definitely be reported to Ebay.

alfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alfie Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:14pm
post #80 of 136

Their message indicates they have three other websites that belong to them. If somebody knows those ID's post them and we can vote against them with our $$$ It seems like it could be a kid answering the e-mails who might be in for a whupping if Mom/Dad find out.

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:17pm
post #81 of 136

CNTCANDY is one of them!!!!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:27pm
post #82 of 136

Totally outrageous! Thanks for the warning. It does make your blood boil...anyone who talks to their customers that way should not be in business.

And lookie what I found on the Better Business Bureau website:

http://peoria.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=9005767

Looks like they've had 15 complaints in the last 3 years and have an "unsatisfactory record" with the BBB because they do not respond to the complaints. Surprise, surprise.

I wish there was a way to read the reports filed. If there is, I can't figure it out.

frosting111 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:29pm
post #83 of 136

Can you imagine if he's talking to people like this on the web,what kind of person he must really be like in the real world??? Talk about HOSTILE and ABUSIVE...I bet he has a criminal record for domestic violence and communicating threats...this guy need serious help...I bet we see him on the news headlines someday!!!

frider Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:32pm
post #84 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Totally outrageous! Thanks for the warning. It does make your blood boil...anyone who talks to their customers that way should not be in business.

Looks like they've had 15 complaints in the last 3 years and have an "unsatisfactory record" with the BBB because they do not respond to the complaints. Surprise, surprise.

I wish there was a way to read the reports filed. If there is, I can't figure it out.

Unsatisfactory rating at the BBB. No wonder. It is the same outfit and they run a website of their own, unrelated to E-Bay.

From their website:

Thanks to you and our employees Cakes 'N Things, Inc. is now a brick and mortar retail outlet located at 103 1/2 N. Morehead Street in Chenoa, IL. In addition to our mail order/Internet services, we are now available to our local customers. Our store hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Cakes 'N Things predecessor, Decorator's Market, was a retail outlet at 3805 N. Ashland Avenue in Chicago, IL in the 1980's. .....................................

As before, customer service and satisfaction are still part of our goals. This new medium can be frustrating at times so there will be many avenues of support and interaction that our company intents to implement on our web site in the future. And of course, if you call you won't get one of those automated voice systems. There are still real people here to help you with your questions and concerns.

As always your suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to email any suggestions or comments to [email protected]. We may not be able to answer them all but your input will be appreciated.

Thank you for your patronage.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:34pm
post #85 of 136

I think that after all of this we all have one decision to make..... do we want to give this person our business? I would tend NOT to want to order from this person solely on his/her attitude, not to mention that I can go to Wilton and buy straight from them without the marked up prices and shipping. This is a business for this person. He/she wants to be known as a power seller. With poor customer service and attitudes towards customers as this person is showing, I don't know how long they will last. Does anyone know how to set up an anti cakes and things website? Would anyone be willing to dedicate space on their website towards the cause of greater good?

alfie Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:34pm
post #86 of 136

Hmmmm.. somebody is going to get a few e-mails about their conduct icon_smile.gif

frosting111 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:37pm
post #87 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Now that we know who this person is we will know to watch for his name in the headlines someday and say O'yall its that guy from cntcakes on e-bay,his smart attitude finally caught up with him!!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:40pm
post #88 of 136

icon_lol.gif I would love to see a pic of this twerp. Napoleon complex comes to mind for some reason.

alfie Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:47pm
post #89 of 136

Whoever confronts this guy, please be sure to address your correspondence with: Mr. Clarke A. Smith. I'm sure that will get his attention when he finds out his named has been mentioned on CakeCentral and the "un"customer service his business provides.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:58pm
post #90 of 136

Rough crowd, didn't think you had it in you.
Good for you. Some people would just sit and take it and you decided to do something about it.
She or he is off my list. For future reference, I usually buy from people with 98% and better.
Way to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%