Decorating By jerseygirl Updated 2 Mar 2005 , 8:05am by flayvurdfun

jerseygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirl Posted 3 Jan 2005 , 3:58am
post #1 of 10

Hi All! What a great site! I have done a maybe half a dozen or so cakes. it's a hobby and a challenge sometimes - I have fun.
I have a question.. For My Goddaughter's birthday I am looking for a boobah cake. I saw that someone was thinking of doing it.
Any new info on that?
Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 3 Jan 2005 , 4:31am
post #2 of 10

I do know that SugarCraft has a boobah edible image you could use. Otherwise I would try a frozen buttercream transfer.

mrsfish

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 10

Sure you can do it! If anything go find a small toy of Boobah and put it ontop and decorate something around it. Some of those kinds of cakes look awesome~ take a deep breathe and you can do anything

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 10

Okay, this is going to sound like I'm hiding in the sticks somewhere, but what is a "Boobah"???? I've seen the name on another post but couldn't bring myself to ask!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 10

jerseygirl--
Go to this thread and you'll see a pic of a Boobah cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-3154.html

BTW--where in Jersey are you? I'm in Hoboken.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 10

Boobah is a kids show on PBS, if I am not mistaken it's from England. (Just like the Teletubbies.) I think they bounce around and make funny noises. My son likes to play on pbskids.org and that's they only place I've seen them, probably depends on your local public television station.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 10

don't feel bad! i didn't know what those "things" were either. icon_confused.gif
but, they sure are cute!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 10

If you decide to do a buttercream transfer image, go to www.pbskids.org, they have lots of images that you can print out of Boohbahs, and you can even print out coloring pages of them. (The games for them are pretty fun too icon_lol.gif)
You can get a lot of stuff of pbskids.org, and it's great to for letting your kids play games on and not have to worry about anything inappropiate. My 4.5 (who will be 5 in April) year old loves this site. He's really good with a computer for someone his age, he even prints out the coloring pages himself. (Ok, so maybe I am bragging just a little but I'm a mom- but I love him soo much.)

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 5:35am
post #9 of 10

I have a 15 year old daughter that loves Boobah! Her grandma got her the pink one for Christmas! Her cat is afraid of it LOL!! The one Jackie posted is cute as can be! I think the person who came up w/ them was on acid!!!!! icon_surprised.gif I have to admit they are cute!!! icon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 8:05am
post #10 of 10

I believe I heard they were much of the same team that came up with Teletubbies, and yes they are an English childrens show. Being here in Germany you see them more then the states, or so I have heard!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%