Cutting A Cake

Decorating By briannastreats Updated 1 Jul 2007 , 3:25pm by kchart

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 3:55am
post #1 of 8

After all the hard work and energy that goes into creating a beautiful wedding cake... how do you bring yourself to cut it??

I did a wedding and groom's cake for some friends of mine today. They were both gorgeous (if I may say so myself). Since they are friends of mine, I was also invited to the ceremony/reception, and was also asked to be the cake cutter. To which I graciously (sp??) accepted. When it came time to cut the traditional cake cut, they both looked at me and said "do we have to cut it? it's too pretty". They finally did cut their piece, and then it was my turn. The three of us stood their looking at each other for probably 5 minutes, saying it's too pretty to cut. Finally one of the waitresses came over and shooed the bride and groom away and forced me to take it apart and cut it.

It really hurt me to have to cut this pretty cake... I know I can't be the only one... right???

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_720543.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_720483.html

(sorry so long)

7 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 4:00am
post #2 of 8

Wow those are really wonderful cakes!!!

I thought I would feel that way but actually I worked so hard trying to perfect the cake recipe inside as well as the decor on the outside so when everyone else was saying it was too pretty to cut I was wanting it cut so they could tell me how delicious it was. Okay - I just really love compliments!! Besides I always have about 20 photos form every possible angle to remember my work with!!

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 4:50am
post #3 of 8

Beautiful cakes!

But, no, I never feel bad about cutting one, as long as I've got pics of them. I, too, want to know what they think of the taste! I do get kind of melancholy right after I deliver one though.

Excellent job though -- I can see why you were all admiring it!

S.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 11:23am
post #4 of 8

I have the photos, so no I don't mind cutting a cake. It's food after all.

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 8

Mybe it's just because I'm not usually there when my cakes are cut. I usually deliver and leave, but this one I was there for and helped to cut. It's just something I need to get over, I suppose. Thanks for your responses!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 8

I had to do that with one of my cakes and the funny thing is it was for the same reason. The staff at the restaurant/hall didn't want to touch this birthday cake because they said it was "too pretty". Well as pretty as I thought it was I wanted people to taste it (especially my cousin) and I had taken plenty of pictures so I wound up cutting it. It didn't bother me much. I wanted opinions on how it tasted after I got the ones on how it looked. (Thank goodness both were positive).

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=453263

edited for spelling

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 8

After all the time spent in a hot kitchen and the hand cramps I get from decorating, you can bet your pa-tooty that I have ZERO qualms about chopping that sucker up and getting it on plates!

You'll outgrow that feeling .... trust me!

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 8

i don't like to cut the cakes i make either. i actually heard Duff say the other day on his show that he doesn't cut his cakes. he knows how much time and effort go into them and doesn't want to be the one to destroy them. i refuse to do it, i know how long i've worked and just dont' want to be the first to dive in! but, that's just me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%