Wilton Yearbook 2006

Decorating By NEWTODECORATING Updated 9 Jul 2005 , 9:47pm by Cakemaster26

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 10:41pm
post #61 of 85

icon_cry.gif I think ebay will be the only way I'm gonna get my hands on it... icon_cry.gif

Wandy

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 12:55pm
post #62 of 85

I have been waiting for a week and checking Michaels everyday, I just happen to be in Wal Mart in another town and thought what the heck, and they had it ! Needless to say I couldnt be bothered the rest of the day for perusing my Yearbook. Only $8.46!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 1:05pm
post #63 of 85

Ok... I just got mine and I was wondering... do any of you see any cakes that look familiar??? Maybe I'm crazy but it looks to me like the wilton folks have been surfing the web for ideas. A lot of the cakes seem like they were inspired from right here. Can't wait to look through it again...it great!

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 5:24pm
post #64 of 85

I found mine at Wal Mart for $8.46 So of course I snatched it up.=0)

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 5:25pm
post #65 of 85

Some of them DO look familiar!? icon_confused.gif

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 9:46pm
post #66 of 85

WooHoo, I found the yearbook at my cake decorating supplier. But they didn't have the pattern book yet. icon_cry.gif Hopefully it well come in soon.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 9:49pm
post #67 of 85

I got my 2006 yearbook yesterday! I'm sooo excited.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 12:47am
post #68 of 85

I JUST GOT MINE, HOWEVER I PAID $9.35 IN A LOCAL TOBACCO AND CANDY SUPPLIER. THEY DO HAVE TWO AISLES DEVOTED TO WILTON SUPPLIES SO I HAD TO PAY IT. I HAVEN'T SEEN IN MY WALMART YET.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 12:53am
post #69 of 85

I got to see the cover of one lol ... the store (up by tcturtleshell) sold all the ones they had .. I hope to find one soon!!

eryka1842 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eryka1842 Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 1:15am
post #70 of 85

I got mine at WalMart a few days ago. I can't wait to try out some ideas. I am VERY excited. Now I just need the pattern book!

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 2:22am
post #71 of 85

icon_cool.gif I just got mine yesterday..They didn't have the pattern book in yet..I paid $10.95 for mine..Of course,,this IS California.

I love that NEW fondant rose look. I bought some extra tools and I am going to try it sometime this week. It looked so pretty!!

And I ordered the 3-tier NEW cake stand..Can't wait to get it. And let's see, oh yeah,,the new baby carriage and party hat cake pans....
For me some of the wedding cakes in the book didn't stand out sorta. I didn't think they had the bling-bling like this website has.....oh well........

So, yesterday, I made me a cup of hot coffee and sat at the table and read the magazine from cover to cover and then again twice....I love this book!!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 5:55pm
post #72 of 85

The Michael's by me still didn't have it in, but my cake supply store had it and called me to tell me they were holding one behind the counter for me-picked it up today!! Love it, love it, love it!

KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 5:56pm
post #73 of 85

Cool...glad you got one! And Wandy couldnt someone here in the states mail you one? icon_confused.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 6:00pm
post #74 of 85

Has anyone seen the pattern book yet?

KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 6:02pm
post #75 of 85

I haven't seen it yet

gateaux_beau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux_beau Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 6:28pm
post #76 of 85

for the sprawl-mart shoppers, know your corporations before you shop :

http://www.now.org/issues/wfw/wm-facts.html

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 6:41pm
post #77 of 85

peacock, I noticed the same thing for some of the cakes. One looks very similar to the IT'S A BOY cake and a couple others too. I was really looking forward to more cakes, not cupcakes. Any how, I will be reading it tonight.

KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 6:48pm
post #78 of 85

That was my only disappointment. I don't do that many cupcakes, I was hoping for a few more cakes as well.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 7:48pm
post #79 of 85

Ok, I have read the crazy book so much that I am now down to the fine print...p.119 Plumeria flowers, last sentence "When dry,dust flowers with non toxic chalk which has been grated in a tea strainer.
Has anyone done this??

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 2:13am
post #80 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Has anyone seen the pattern book yet?

NO I HAVEN'T SEEN IT EITHER!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 2:22am
post #81 of 85

peacock, I was thinking the same thing.....got my book this morning at Wal-mart and as I was going through it, I thought, I saw this one on CC and this one, and this one... icon_lol.gif Maybe they did take the ideas from here! icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 2:24am
post #82 of 85

I know... like the grill cake, and some others... I'll have to look back through it and see what the other ones were.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 3:09am
post #83 of 85

My trip to Hobby Lobby today didn't get me a copy, I had hoped to get it for half-price, but no such luck!

My newest American Cake Decorating Mag. came yesterday and I'm disappointed in it...again! There is so much advertising! Of course, when you buy a Wilton book about half of it is also advertising...for their own products!
Janice

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 2:19am
post #84 of 85

Just wanted to let all of you know that the yearbook is already on the wilton page icon_lol.gif and lots of internet exclusives...
http://www.wilton.com/yearbook/2006/index.cfm
Wandy

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 9:47pm
post #85 of 85

Hi

I was just at www.sugarcraft.com where I found the yearbook, it looks like you can order it for those who are unable to find it in stores. I have also found it at the Michaels near my house.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%