getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 5:41pm
post #31 of 165

Forgot the bees .... oopps!
LL

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:19pm
post #32 of 165

WOW! icon_eek.gif All of the cookies this month are on another level!!! LOL. Good job everyone! I'm off to cut dough! LOL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:22pm
post #33 of 165

All the cookies look great!

It's beginning to storm here...

Hmmmmmm...I'm gonna make some dough...I shouldn't get zapped doin' that.

I'll be back.

alip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alip Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:43pm
post #34 of 165

All of the cookies are amazing!!! Great job! I can't wait to get started on mine - I'll have to wait until tonight when the little ones are in bed though.

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:45pm
post #35 of 165

Awww cute butterfly getfrosted.

Cookieman, Im going to have to try that. You make it sound so easy. Have you tryed the rolled buttercream too? So many things to try. I keep reading about more.
Now back to looking up bugs on the internet.....

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:22pm
post #36 of 165

eromero - I love the pastel lady bugs!

getfrosted - WOW!! Those are wonderful! I especially love the bees! Will you share a little bit more about how you did them?

getfrosted Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:34pm
post #37 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

getfrosted - WOW!! Those are wonderful! I especially love the bees! Will you share a little bit more about how you did them?

I flooded the entire cookie and when dry I drew the designs on with food colour markers and just outlined and flooded in areas. Thanks for the compliment!!! I had to take the picture quickly as my kids were eyeing them right from the start. lol

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:48pm
post #38 of 165

Whew, I have been off for a few days with being sick and I missed alot. GREAT cookies everyone. Sheesh, I have my work cut out for me. icon_lol.gif

In a few days when my meds start to work, I will feel better and want to make some cookies. icon_biggrin.gif In the mean time I gotta come up with some bug ideas.

GREAT JOB so far everyone. thumbs_up.gif

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 8:43pm
post #39 of 165

getfrosted--your bees are amazzzzzzing! lol I love them. Great job to everyone so far. This is fun! thumbs_up.gif

babynewyear Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 8:51pm
post #40 of 165

I think I must be blind
getfrosted I missed your bee. Very nice. icon_biggrin.gif
eromero - I love the your bugs. thumbs_up.gif
Im still looking on the net Trying to get my rusty brain working. Still suffering weekend lag. icon_cry.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 8:52pm
post #41 of 165

Congratulations everyone on your wonderful cookies, gee, what a great idea to do bugs! Whose idea was that anyway? Oh wow, it was mine for last month! Great job everyone, I am still practicing with a new cookie recipe, trying fondant on cookies for the first time and a new icing recipe. Can't wait to post mine. Back to the kitchen!

babynewyear Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 8:56pm
post #42 of 165

Samsgranny your full of it icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif , But give yourself a pat on the back from me! icon_biggrin.gif now back to looking for bugs....

bonniebakes Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 11:13pm
post #43 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by getfrosted

I flooded the entire cookie and when dry I drew the designs on with food colour markers and just outlined and flooded in areas. Thanks for the compliment!!! I had to take the picture quickly as my kids were eyeing them right from the start. lol

Sorry for being dense... it looks like even the sides are covereed. Did you dip the cookie first, then draw on the background design, then do the bee on top of that?

getfrosted Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:09am
post #44 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

Sorry for being dense... it looks like even the sides are covereed. Did you dip the cookie first, then draw on the background design, then do the bee on top of that?

Don't be silly, not being dense!!! Yes ... I put the cookies on cooling racks over parchment paper and then covered them in thinned-out icing completely covering them and the sides. I used one of the design colours for the flooding to make it easier (i.e., yellow with the bees and light pink with the butterflies)

Once the background was dry I drew on the designs and then using medium icing I piped the design and about 1/2 hour after that I thinned the icing and flooded the parts of the design that needed to be filled in.

Does that make sense - not sure that it came out right?

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:30am
post #45 of 165

Wow what a month - only 7 days into August and the cookies are already 'flying' (and crawling icon_rolleyes.gif ) in

Bonniebakes - Love the cookies (and early start getting these bugs flying) especially the catapillars (yah just want to eat those little legs)

Icottington
- your bees are very cute

Cookieman - love the black sparkel on the ladybug heads, and love the tip choice on the bodies of the butterflys - I assume by piping iciing you did not use royal icing fo the body?

Eromero - great job thinking out of that red-lady bug box.

Getfrosted - Welcome to the 'club' - great cookies - I especially like the 3d effect and they honeycomb backround.

cookieman Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:37am
post #46 of 165

Oops. Sorry coffeecake. I did use royal for the bodies. I used a star tip and piped a shell effect. Here's a closeup.
LL

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:44am
post #47 of 165

Cookieman - no aplology, thanks for the clarification and the close up - I can not wait to try it, I prefer royal for cookies as they are just easier to transport etc. and have just never tried that tip with royal icing icon_biggrin.gif .

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:08am
post #48 of 165

Whoa! icon_eek.gif What awesome cookies everyone is making! This is one of the best months! Kudos! thumbs_up.gif I may have to go back on strike!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:25am
post #49 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Whoa! icon_eek.gif What awesome cookies everyone is making! This is one of the best months! Kudos! thumbs_up.gif I may have to go back on strike!

since i haven't seen any cookies from you yet-- b/c you've been on strike since i became a member--YOU ARE NOT ALOUD to go back on strike icon_lol.gif (please note that i'm j/j with Zamode thumbs_up.gif ) & i really do want to see some pictures of your bug cookies icon_biggrin.gif

Zamode Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:35am
post #50 of 165

Tara probably not until the end of the month, I have more cakes to aggravate myself with (see sig) for now.

Hmmm.....this could be a phobia, almost....what is "fear of royal icing" called?

daltonam Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:37am
post #51 of 165

just as long as you know not to take me seriously--i can't wait!

daltonam Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:01am
post #52 of 165

guess that i should have also told everyone how great all of their cookies are too--THEY ARE!

Zamode Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:51am
post #53 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

and where are your cookies??? Hmmmmmmmmm?? icon_razz.gif

daltonam Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 3:09am
post #54 of 165
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

and where are your cookies??? Hmmmmmmmmm?? icon_razz.gif

welllll i've never did any so after this weeks cake,i'm gonna brave them

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 3:18am
post #55 of 165

Excellent cookies work so far guys. I really love all the creativity involved.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 3:21am
post #56 of 165

Cookie Club addicts, please remember the rules state only 3 pictures per person. One of which can be a collage.

If you need to show close ups, you can make that your collage. Or simply take a close up of the cookies to begin with.

Also remember, pics are not to be posted to the gallery until after the monthly theme is over.

Please read The guidelines at the beginning of this thread before posting pics. If you are still unsure please feel free to message myself or bonniebakes.

bonniebakes Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 7:34pm
post #57 of 165

thanks, getfrosted. that makes much more sense now!

bonniebakes Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 9:34pm
post #58 of 165
Quote:

Hmmm.....this could be a phobia, almost....what is "fear of royal icing" called?

Zamode - how about this???

ZAXAPOAPHOBIA (from the word ZAXAPOAËÏÉÖ¹ which means icing/frosting in Greek, which is where phobia names are usually dervied)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 9:36pm
post #59 of 165

I can't believe how many of you are done and it's only the 8th!

GREAT JOB to all of you.

All the cookies look super good. Since I didn't get mine done last month, which I'm truely bummed-because I wanted to participate, but being on vaca made it tuff.

Cross your fingers (and I will too) that I'll get mine done. lol.

Again, I enjoy looking at all the works of art that you all make, just beautiful!

cookieman Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 11:42pm
post #60 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

Cookie Club addicts, please remember the rules state only 3 pictures per person. One of which can be a collage.

Cake Princess--I am so sorry! icon_redface.gif Please feel free to have any of my pics deleted so there are only three remaining. Sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%