Anyone Need A Good Chuckle?!?!?!?!

Decorating By SusieMcG Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 6:10pm by sarahnichole975

SusieMcG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieMcG Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:01am
post #1 of 99

My husband and I left our 2 year old son on the couch this morning, snuggled up with his juice and watching Mickey Mouse, so that we could tend to our younger daughter who is under the weather. We were only gone upstairs about 10 minutes... and it was too quiet. icon_confused.gif

My husband was the first one downstairs, and called me immediately - he was speechless, and then so was I.

My son somehow got an icing bag off the kitchen counter, about 3/4 full with RED-RED icing.... icon_eek.gif

Let's just say he was on a sugar high for the better part of the day, and my carpet (after running out and borrowing a steam cleaner immediately) is now pink and needs to be replaced. After a very long scrubbing in the bathtub, my son's legs are still pink!!!!!! icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

98 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:09am
post #2 of 99

LOL...

cover ups and alibis:

he's got a rash!

he got a little too much sun

it's just the devil in him coming out!

didn't you hear -- pink is the new in color for 2008

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:11am
post #3 of 99

How funny! Those little guys sure can inflict a lot of damage in a short amount of time! icon_lol.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:23am
post #4 of 99

Try rubbing with toothpaste.

SusieMcG Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:26am
post #5 of 99

I'll have to try the toothpaste trick - luckily, we didn't have to go anywhere today!!! Doug - I may use your alibis when we head back to daycare on Monday!!!

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:36am
post #6 of 99

This is too funny!! I am so sorry for your carpet but just imagine how much fun you are going to have with this for years to come. You should give it a caption on the bottom of the picture.... This is what happens when it's quiet. icon_lol.gif

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:36am
post #7 of 99

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck don't replace the carpet just get a runner n use makeup remover for ur boys legs

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:37am
post #8 of 99

oh my goodness. i don't even know what to say. i'm glad you seem to be taking it so well

marcy11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marcy11 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:38am
post #9 of 99

Oh No!!! I had to call my husband in to see this. It's always nice when you have to redecorate!!!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:39am
post #10 of 99

You could also try nail polish remover. I used it on my carpet when my girls were growing up. Didn't hurt the carpet at all. Murphys Oils soap mixed 50/50 with water gets some stains out of carpet also. My thought is try anything and everything If you think you will have to replace it anyway. One remedy just might work.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:40am
post #11 of 99

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG that is priceless! Sorry about the rug, but wow.. that's hilarious. Hopefully the pink comes off of his legs soon. This is something my son would TOTALLY do too.

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:41am
post #12 of 99

i warn all my friends with little ones to watch out when its quiet..my daughter (now a teen) poured red nail polish all over herself when she was a year old. she was only in her diaper because it was so hot. i was going out that night with a friend. i turned to my husband and said, have fun! hahahaha

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:43am
post #13 of 99

Try baby wipes on the carpet. My son got my aunt's RED lipstick & painted the carpet with it at her house. It came out with baby wipes. Who knew?

My 2nd one ate most of my flowers when I took the Wilton courses. He was 2 at that time.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:44am
post #14 of 99

Oh yeah I needed a laugh & boy did that do it!!!! I'm ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! This is priceless!! Hopefully you won't have to replace the carpet. Like Doug said... Pink's the "in" color!! icon_smile.gif Tooooo funny!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:45am
post #15 of 99

LOL not at you hunny with you icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't know if you have a dollar store - "DOllar Tree" near you but they have a product called "AWSOME" and it turely is awsome. It comes in a spary bottle, its a multiporpose cleaner but better than most out there, yeah from the dollar store. I did believe it at first. I have yet to meet a stain I can't get rid of. Yes you can use it on carpets. You can add it to the water in the steamer and it works like a charm. What I have done is spray it directly to the stain and then run over the stain with the shampoo machine and out comes the stain. It might need it more than once but it will come out. Hey I will even mail some to you if you need it it really works. My two year old nephew did something simillar and that is what I did and I have no stains and no smells, what he spilled was smelly, in a good yummy way but after a while you get tired of the smell no matter how yummy.

Hope that helps.

Vicky

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:47am
post #16 of 99

Awww, how could anybody be mad about that? Lookit that cute li'l face...and those really, really red legs and hands!! LOL! What is it about kids that they can zero in on any sugar item in the room? Sugar radar?

I'm sorry, but that's precious. Sorry about your carpet. That's a shame. (I'm still chuckling, though.) Perhaps hardwood would be a good option?

You should send that picture into whomever you get your red-red food colouring from. It's a testament to the true colours achieved! *snort*

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 1:57am
post #17 of 99

Busted...and Priceless.... chuckle,chuckle.
Gosh this is so simular to what happen to my kids when they were younger.
I had came home from work.They were sleeping, so I too took a nap.
Only to awake to two children that had gotten into the refrig. and mixed together a dozen eggs, butter, cheese, and a gallon milk in the middle of my parents brand new carpeting! When asked what they thought they were doing...they answered "we're cooking like mama". Needless to say, I never took another nap when I was alone with them.

You can also try some OXYCLEAN mixed with baking soda and epsom salts mixed in hot water to clean the carpet. Scrub with bristle brush.
Should take out the red.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #18 of 99

gosh...wow...

(reflecting on just how lucky I've been)

wow

no, really...

wow

SusieMcG Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:04am
post #19 of 99

Thank you all for your awesome ideas on how to try to get the stains out - I'm going to make a checklist, and just start using every one of them until SOMETHING works!!

My son keeps coming up to me today and reminding me that his legs are "pink" - I've never been so furious, yet so hysterical with laughter as when I first walked down the stairs and saw him this morning.

Thanks goodness there was a Dunkin' Donuts on the way to getting the steam cleaner, I needed my caffeine jolt to get into the cleaning mode at 7am this morning!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:07am
post #20 of 99

tincanbaby - my dh fell asleep one afternoon, the boys were 6, 4, 1. He awoke with a screwdriver being inserted in his nose! icon_surprised.gif He never fell asleep when I was not home again.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:08am
post #21 of 99

may I add....

DON'T change the carpet, except to put in hardwood or similar hard surface floors until he is

out of the house for good!

as this is probably a preview of coming "colorful" attractions.

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:11am
post #22 of 99

My husband and I are LOL. Then my husband said, "What icing?" Too cute.

SusieMcG Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:13am
post #23 of 99

Doug - we are SOOOOOO on the same page!! That's exactly what we had decided to do last week (carry the hardwood floor from the kitchen into that room) and now with this disaster, it allows me to up my timing!!

Of course, this little incident also pales in comparison to when my dear, adorable son took a BIG A$$ swipe of icing with his finger from one of my completed cakes for a customer, saying "Ethan just have a little taste..." icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:17am
post #24 of 99

Oh my.... I am so sorry! I would die!!!! Doug and bkdcakes....too funny!

Also, try the baby wipes on his legs. It may not get rid of all of his pink but it is amazing what they clean up. Also you can go online (ask.com I think or google) and ask for ways to remove it from the carpet! As Doug says......the colors in your future.....

By the way, my kids would do the same thing!

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:19am
post #25 of 99

OMG I have a 15 month old boy and I can totally see him doing this. He can't be left alone with anything but his toys. Thanks for the laugh, hope everything turns out okay.
PS: Just think you have a hilarous story to tell

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:20am
post #26 of 99

OMG.......I am ROTFLMAO! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Makes my grandkids' escapades look harmless. This will make a good picture to display at his graduation.

You have gotten some good hints on cleaning it up. None of them could hurt to try as it looks hopeless like it is. As Beashorty32 said, that Awesome is really pretty awesome. I use it with my power washer to clean my deck and siding.

Give that baby a big hug for making us all laugh so much.

Diane

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:26am
post #27 of 99

I'm so glad you posted pictures. I too was speechless, for a second, then I couldn't stop laughing.

This is hilarious.

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:27am
post #28 of 99

Awwwwwwww this little guy didn't know any better he was just bored sittin on the couch.lol
When my son was about 2 or so he hit a 5gallon bucket of white paint on my Hunter Green Carpet and boy was I ever running around trying to clean it up well it was everywhere and I was not helpping matters so I got out my steam cleaner and Bleach and it all came up.My carpet looked liek new.I wasn't sure if it would work but I thought I cann't do anymore harm than what has been done.

Good Luck,
Stacy

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:32am
post #29 of 99

OMG LOL icon_lol.gif HEs so cute he could be forgiven anything bad. Awww little guy must have had a really good time trying his hand at decorating.
Youll have to nickname him Pinky icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Good luck with your carpet. I dont have much luck getting

chebean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chebean Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:48am
post #30 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieMcG

My husband and I left our 2 year old son on the couch this morning, snuggled up with his juice and watching Mickey Mouse, so that we could tend to our younger daughter who is under the weather. We were only gone upstairs about 10 minutes... and it was too quiet. icon_confused.gif

My husband was the first one downstairs, and called me immediately - he was speechless, and then so was I.

My son somehow got an icing bag off the kitchen counter, about 3/4 full with RED-RED icing.... icon_eek.gif

Let's just say he was on a sugar high for the better part of the day, and my carpet (after running out and borrowing a steam cleaner immediately) is now pink and needs to be replaced. After a very long scrubbing in the bathtub, my son's legs are still pink!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Goodness! that is too funny!! love it!! kids are just too funny!!!

how is your daughter doing btw? i hope she is feeling better... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%