I'm Sooooo Mad! Need To Vent!!

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 7 Jun 2005 , 1:05am by 2cakes

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 12:46am
post #1 of 19

Hi guys...remember me? The person who's brand new printer stopped working the day before i needed a photo cake? Well guess what?
I received the replacement printer, and need it tonight, and ....yes, you guessed it. It doesn't work either!!! icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif
On top of that, Cannon won't replace it with a new one...they want to FIX this one! I was so angry and talked to supervisors etc who would not help me.

Tomorrow I am talking to Customer Services and will surely give them a pc of my mind!

Now I have to find an alternative to the carousel cake that they wanted tiny little pics of their 1-yr old daughter around it.

Thanks for allowing me to vent - my family have all left to get away from me!

18 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 12:56am
post #2 of 19

I am sorry you are having such a rough time! I have had days just like that! Have you tried having the images made at a bakery that does photo cakes? If that does not work...maybe you could try laminating the photos and placing them on the cake that way. I know kinkos does laminating or you can buy a laminating paper from walmart. I am sure whatever you do...it is going to look great! thumbs_up.gif Good luck!
traci

sunlover00 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 1:03am
post #3 of 19

The last time I took it to walmart who gave me the run-around but did it, and it was really red.

It looked bad to me. I'm just going to nix the whole picture thing and go with some other decoration....but I can't find any carousel seperator pics but for one. Its really hard to search for a cake in the gallery.

I'll check back...need to get started. icon_sad.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 1:12am
post #4 of 19

You might just go online and put in keywords for carosel cakes and see what you can find. Otherwise...just use some bright colors in your decorations and I know it will look great! Hope all goes smooth! icon_razz.gif
traci

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 3:30am
post #5 of 19

Just a thought, I did a picture cake one time and of course I don't have one of those fancy printers. So to keep the icing from running through the pic, I used the top of the whipped cream lid and cut it to fit and add the pic on top.(pic I laminated it myself) I put a icing border around it so that you could not see what it was. Not bad for a fast fix! Also I bought an 8x10 sheet picture from a bakery one time. And one time only, they charged me 15.00 for the pic. I had to do it though. It was for my nephews graduation. Some times not worth it. I had trouble getting it onto the cake. Good Luck!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 3:33am
post #6 of 19

That is horrible news! What's wrong with this one?

sunlover00 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 3:44am
post #7 of 19

This one didn't work from the moment I plugged it in. Its the print head (5 orange flashes and one long green). Called the tech support - again - and ran through all of the steps -again- and they said that I would have to take it to a store to have a new print head put in and that was when I went off on him! I demanded a brand new printer and he said no, can't do that. Then I talked to his supervisor and he said no, can't do that. So tomorrow I talk to higher up people.

I realize this printer only cost me $47, but its the principle of the matter! It is too cheap to run right, but too expensive for Cannon to replace? Doesn't make sense to me...but I'll yell at the President of Cannon if I have to!

Somebody Stop Me! LOL

Lisa Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 4:02am
post #8 of 19

Want to try a fix or are you too fed up? I can sure understand if you are. Here's the fix though if you want to try it.

Remove the print head and clean the electrical contacts on the back of the print head and the prongs they connect with inside the printer (right in back of where you insert the print head). Use rubbing alcohol and q-tips...important not to drip.

They should have done this when they refurbished it so the print head may just be shot. Might be worth a try though. You'll get that error message if the contacts aren't clean, if the print head isn't installed right or if the print head is shot and needs to be replaced. Sometimes even the printer needs replacing.

Wishing you much better luck with your next one!

gotcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 1:33pm
post #10 of 19

What you could do is scan it onto your computer.....and print it out to the size you need....then seal the picture in clear contact paper -both sides-.....then cut it to the shape you need and place it on your cake....
Just a suggestion to help cut some corners for ya...
cakegal

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 19

i'm curious...did it have anything to do with the ink drying out??
i have an ip3000 and only use it for cakes, but the picture comes out very light. i've only used it 5 times. has anyone else had this problem?? icon_confused.gif

Lisa Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 9:05pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

i'm curious...did it have anything to do with the ink drying out??
i have an ip3000 and only use it for cakes, but the picture comes out very light. i've only used it 5 times. has anyone else had this problem?? icon_confused.gif

No...it didn't work from the start. If your picture is coming out light, the print head is probably clogged. It may be the black which can cause an image to print light. Run a nozzle check test. Mine prints the check in a grid pattern. If the grid is incomplete, the print head is clogged and needs to be cleaned.

sunlover00 Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 2:55am
post #13 of 19

Thanks for all of your help, gals. I ended up not using any pictures at all icon_sad.gif but she loved the cake anyway.

The customer relations people never did call me today (i'm not surprised). If I do'nt hear from them by Monday I'm going to be their worst enemy. (insert evil laugh here!)

Another person told me today that the reason they wouldn't send me a new one was because it is discontinued. Anyone know if that's true? If so, I think I deserve a free upgrade!

Tomorrow I'm going to see about buying a new digital camera so that I can upload all of my cake pics. I've had a bad streak of luck where technology is concerned lately!

Thanks again - tomorrow's another day - and no orders for the first time in 6 weeks! yeay!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 10:06am
post #14 of 19

lisa, how do you go about doing that?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 12:57pm
post #15 of 19

Gee, I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet, I haven't had an excuse to use it, and didn't want to put the ink in until I was ready to print something, but maybe I'd better get it set up and check it out!

Sunlover, I'm sure sorry you are having such a bad time, but stick to your guns, nobody deserves lemons, and certainly not two of them! Janice

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 2:08pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover00

Hi guys...remember me? The person who's brand new printer stopped working the day before i needed a photo cake? Well guess what?
I received the replacement printer, and need it tonight, and ....yes, you guessed it. It doesn't work either!!! icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif
On top of that, Cannon won't replace it with a new one...they want to FIX this one! I was so angry and talked to supervisors etc who would not help me.

Tomorrow I am talking to Customer Services and will surely give them a pc of my mind!

Now I have to find an alternative to the carousel cake that they wanted tiny little pics of their 1-yr old daughter around it.

Thanks for allowing me to vent - my family have all left to get away from me!

Sometimes when you have major problems with consumers regarding merchandise whether a problem with a purchased printer, computer, video equipments, audio equipments etc. Usually if you don't get any results from the company where you purchased the item/s, in my past, I have sent a letter of compliant to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and believe me you get results. It might not be right away, but they do respond with a letter and even an e-mail. After filing the compliant with BBB, the company where merchandise was purchased, they would call you or send you a letter to come in to the store and get a new one or send you a new one. A case in point, I had problems with a cell phone company and wanted to charged me a reconnected fee of $250 and could not understand why they wanted to charge me this fee when my bill had been paid on time and to make matters even worse, they disconnected by cell phone service. When I called the company they gave me the run around and then hung up on me. Well after getting through, I spoke with someone in customer service got the person's name, date and time I made the call and was told that I had to call back during normal business hour; so I did that and again got the person's name etc., and still no results on the Y's. So I decided to file compliant with BBB and do you know that I got my cell phone service back on within a week and no reconnected fee was involved. The cell phone co. sent me a letter apologing about the matter and promise to provide better service in the future. I had no more problems with them. I have had other problems with other vendors and got excellent results after going through BBB. Just do not take no for an answer from companies that sell you their products that are either defective or give you a lemon for exchange, but make sure to look at the warrantee. I try to get a one/two year service contract or some of my equipments especially if the contract is worth buying. Sorry for the long winded message. icon_smile.gif

sunlover00 Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 12:47am
post #17 of 19

I was "this" close to doing just that, but today I called the customer relations guy who'd called me at work after business hours, and he is sending me a NEW printer - no problems - no questions asked! Now, why couldn't they have just done that in the beginning!

Let's just hope the 3rd printer works this time! If not, I'm changing brands! thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 12:56am
post #18 of 19

That's great thumbs_up.gif 3rd times the charm! Can't change brands though...the edible ink cartridges only fit Canon printers. They cornered the market on that deal.

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 1:05am
post #19 of 19

Hi Sunlover00! Well I'm glad that customer service is finally doing something about your printer and lets pray that this one works and if not, just write a letter to the BBB or Federal Trade Commission and believe me they don't want you to go this route, cause it gives their company a bad repreputation cause other customers will look up to see how many compliants was given to BBB or FTC and customers are going to think twice before purchasing their merchandise. Just my opinion what I would do and I hope this is helpful information. Have a wonderful day inspite of the circumstances cause in the end you will have a workable printer and even better than the other two. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%