4starcakes Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 34

Cool website with classes offered.
http://www.wildflowersbylori.com/classes.html

33 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 34

She does good work, by my the tuition! icon_eek.gif I think I'll stick to Scott Woolley's DVDs. icon_smile.gif

Jessmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessmar Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 34

Wow, this is a great site! Thanks for sharing this.

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 34

the classes would be great! The detail in her flower baskets is truly amazing!

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 34

Nice stuff, Sure gives me some inspiration and something I would like to at least attempt. I enjoyed watching that video to see a true artist at work, verses only seeing the Wilton way.

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 34

Nice stuff, Sure gives me some inspiration and something I would like to at least attempt. I enjoyed watching that video to see a true artist at work, verses only seeing the Wilton way.

Audraj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audraj Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 34

Her tuition cost is outrageous.

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 34

Oof, that is expensive! But she sold out one course people must be willing to pay it. Personally, I'll just settle for a set of petal pans.....

PRcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRcakes Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 5:34am
post #9 of 34

Actually the classes for hobbyiest arent that expensive, imho scott w. classes are wayyyyyy to expensive even that i know theyre worth it!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 5:51am
post #10 of 34

Her flowers are nice but I don't think they compare to Stewart Feldman's and he is a member of Cake Central. Here is a link to his website.
http://www.sugarflorals.com/images/kaiser_top.jpg
http://www.sugarflorals.com/

FlowerGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGuy Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:38pm
post #11 of 34

Thanks for the kind words Shirley. You are always so sweet with your praise and encouragement. I don't think my work compares with Lori's however. I've looked at her site over and over and truly am amazed at how gorgeous her flowers are. I only wish I could afford to take classes with her, but the price is prohibitive....as are the classes with all of the top flower makers. It must be nice to be in demand as a teacher.
Stewart
www.sugarflorals.com

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 10:07pm
post #12 of 34

Wow Flowerguy! I had never seen your work before. Your flowers are amazing! I think you should offer classes.

FlowerGuy Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 10:58pm
post #13 of 34

Thank you 4star! I do offer private instruction....and at a reasonable price.

ShirleyW Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:11pm
post #14 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGuy

Thank you 4star! I do offer private instruction....and at a reasonable price.

There you go! We need to form a CC caravan and all go take a class ftom Stewart! thumbs_up.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:11pm
post #15 of 34

Wow-that's all I can say about both sugar flower artists. I would not be able to afford $2500 at this point in my life, but honestly 6 days of full instruction (9-5) would be 48 hours of hands on instruction (okay, 42 hours if you break an hour for lunch) and at under $60/hr to make flowers like THAT I don't think is so unreasonable. She more than likely charges $60/hr to MAKE them and you could too!! icon_biggrin.gif Just a thought...

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:13pm
post #16 of 34

assuming she teaches as well as she makes flowers, $2500 for 6 days of instruction doesn't seem unreasonable for what she is teaching per the curriculum

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:16pm
post #17 of 34

Wow Stuart!!! Yor flowers are Exceptional....Too bad I didn't live closer for some instruction..Would you consider doing a tutorial or two for CC on some different flowers other than a rose?? icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

kms2402 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kms2402 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:18pm
post #18 of 34

Flowerguy....your work is amazing!!! I wish I lived closer....I would consider lessons!

FlowerGuy Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:18pm
post #19 of 34

I wish I could get $60.00/hr for my flowers! Most people don't want to pay that much .... even for custom made. I guess once you are in demand, then you can get that kind of money. Someday I hope.

Shirley....you are a hoot!

and no...I don't think I'd like to do tutorials online....unless I got paid a lot of money.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:25pm
post #20 of 34

Her 1 week course doesnt just teach flowers. She teaches you everything. If I had the money I would go because she is definetly worth it. If you watch the Sugarrush episode, not only do her flower basket cakes look realistic, she moves them around like they are. Ive never been able to move my gumpaste flowers around like that without them breaking.

Delicate-Lee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delicate-Lee Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:56pm
post #21 of 34

Well Flower guy Im gonna need some help with making flowers for an up coming competition so if you dont like to do tutorials online would you come out to australia? hahaha Great work! Nice flowers! People like you and Shirley inspire me to keep trying and perfecting! haha

FlowerGuy Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:59pm
post #22 of 34

Thanks for the compliments. Wow....I never thought I'd be inspiring anyone. You pay for a business class seat and a place to stay I'm there for as long as you need me!

Stewart

ShirleyW Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:10am
post #23 of 34
Quote:

I wish I could get $60.00/hr for my flowers! Most people don't want to pay that much .... even for custom made. I guess once you are in demand, then you can get that kind of money. Someday I hope.

Shirley....you are a hoot!

and no...I don't think I'd like to do tutorials online....unless I got paid a lot of money.

Smart move honey, don't give your work away for free! You have put in too many hours to perfect these, they are worth every penny you might charge for a class.

FlowerGuy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:14am
post #24 of 34

I'm learning Shirley....I'm learning!

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:21am
post #25 of 34

Your work is amazing Stewart! Why don't you come to Michigan and teach our cake club? We'll stick you in the spare room and feed you all the leftover cake you can handle! icon_lol.gif

Delicate-Lee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delicate-Lee Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:22am
post #26 of 34
Quote:

Thanks for the compliments. Wow....I never thought I'd be inspiring anyone. You pay for a business class seat and a place to stay I'm there for as long as you need me!

Stewart

haha I will start saving now! hehe

The hours and knowledge that anyone has and if your good at what you do, there has to be a price... I agree strongly! Esp if its what you live off and your profession...

FlowerGuy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:29am
post #27 of 34

Gee Buns...is that all you have to offer?

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:31am
post #28 of 34

Okay, I'll cook you dinner too. How's that? icon_biggrin.gif

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:31am
post #29 of 34

I'm constantly inspired by Lori's work. That is where I got the ideas for Shirley W's birthday cake, the hatbox babyshower cake, and my basket cake. I enjoy her work and have sent her pictures of mine).

As for FlowerGuy, this is the first time I have seen your work. Your flowers are stunning too. Most all of my work lately has been in GP.

FlowerGuy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:35am
post #30 of 34

Thanks for the offer WonderBuns.....but I'm not at the guest speaker stage of my life yet. Dinner and cake I can do at home....but thanks for the previous compliment.

And thank you Fariytale for your nice words too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%