Cookie Club - June 2007 Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 9 Jul 2007 , 5:45am by Cake_Princess

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:06am
post #31 of 111

I just can't think of any ideas icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif That was last months complaint too.. icon_redface.gif I so want to join.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:19am
post #32 of 111

Hi ladies. I peek around here sometimes and the cookies are always great. I like to see what you all come up with for the themes.

Kneadacookie, I love yours, the flower girls are very cute.

I'm taking a flying leap here and jumping in this month. Have mercy on me. icon_biggrin.gif I have never decorated a cookie and am not up on the icings to use for cookies. I just had some leftover royal and decided to use it up and decided to try the NFSC recipe.

I was trying to think of something that's not your typical "wedding" stuff and decided on "Jumping the broom".

Thanks!
LL

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:26am
post #33 of 111

Fabulous thinking outside the box on that one!!! As soon as I saw your picture I knew where you were going! Great cookie and great use of theme!

Ironbaker Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 3:38pm
post #34 of 111

Thank you martha! I tried. icon_smile.gif

I hope we see more soon.

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:21am
post #35 of 111

Ironbaker that's an awesome cookie!! I love all the "outside of the box" creations!!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:15pm
post #36 of 111

Ironbaker - GREAT idea! So glad you joined us this month!

Ironbaker Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 8:07pm
post #37 of 111

Thank you both! icon_smile.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:27am
post #38 of 111

Ironbaker I love your cookie. Great idea I don't think I would have even remember the jumping the broom thing.

That's what this club is all about expanding how we think about the various themes and thinking outside the box.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:36am
post #39 of 111

OK someone is going to have to explain this to me...Here in WV we don't jump brooms at weddings. New MILs have been seen riding away on them, but no jumping!

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:02am
post #40 of 111

I think it's an African American tradition that started in slave times...correct me if I'm wrong, Ironbaker... Very awesome idea- I was thinking that weddings would be so predictable- not true for you! icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:54am
post #41 of 111

Yep, you're correct Sarah. It's a tradition used by some African American couples and actually some pagans use the custom also. You literally have a decorative broom set in front of the couple (you choose when you want to do this but it's usually right before they walk back down the aisle together as man and wife) and they jump over it together. It's supposed to symbolize "sweeping out the old and welcoming in the new". icon_smile.gif

And thank you Sarah and CakePrincess!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:55am
post #42 of 111
idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:07am
post #43 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

OK someone is going to have to explain this to me...Here in WV we don't jump brooms at weddings. New MILs have been seen riding away on them, but no jumping!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ex MIL

Have seen jumping the broom on some of the wedding shows.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:33am
post #44 of 111
Quote:

Okay I just have to throw in a big fat LOL at this comment!!!! Mine is parked in the garage, right next to DH's truck. icon_lol.gif

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:55am
post #45 of 111

I've never participated in the Cookie Club, but thought something along this line might work well for a bridal shower. They're a little hard to see, but the flowers are hearts. I actually made them for a few older widow ladies from Lakeshore, Mississippi who are finally moving into permanent houses! They are so excited!
LL

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:03am
post #46 of 111

Well, since I live in China, I thought I'd see, what these would look like. They WILL give the bride and groom colourful mouths, but I think they look ok.
These are chinese traditional wedding dress and groom's jacket
LL
LL

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 9:43am
post #47 of 111

Very nice cookies Ursula. Did you make the cookie cutter for the cheongsam? Love the grooms jacket also.

Ursula40 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 10:14am
post #48 of 111

Thanks, no I just made a laminated template, this way I can use them again. If and should I ever get an order, I can still make a cutter

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:20pm
post #49 of 111

Jeeze glad I found the thread lol I was still watching the old one and was wondering why I didnt get any emails lol DUH wonderful cookies so far everyone I love them all. Hopefully I'll be making some cookies soon and be able to come up with a creative wedding cookie.

Ironbaker Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:53pm
post #50 of 111

Cindy, cute houses!

Ursula, great and lovely idea! I love the colors.

bonniebakes Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:19pm
post #51 of 111

CindyM - I love the houses. What a sweet idea for a couple's first home, too.

bonniebakes Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:20pm
post #52 of 111

Ursula40 - WOW!! I am impressed - those cookies are beautiful!

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 8:32pm
post #53 of 111

super job so far, EVERYONE!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 8:41pm
post #54 of 111

Thanks everyone for the "jumping the broom" explanation. I think I am going to start a thread in the lounge to see different wedding traditions. We have people from all over the world here and I bet I would learn alot!! thumbs_up.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #55 of 111

Love the cookies everyone!!!! I'm so glad to see everyone's is starting to post

Cake_Princess Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:35am
post #56 of 111
Quote:

LOL... I think I need some depends after reading this... LOL. Too funny!!!!

Cake_Princess Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:40am
post #57 of 111

CindyM, I love the houses. I would not have even thought of connecting a new house with weddings.

Ursula40, I think your cookies are marvelous!!!!

Ursula40 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 1:02pm
post #58 of 111

Thank you everyone, I emailed fotos of them to the bride whose order I couldn't take, cause I dont have the pan sizes nor oven size I would've needed to make her cake, and she is definately interested in having those cookies as place cards for her wedding. This months theme was EXACTLY right, otherwise I never would've gotten the idea to make these

Cake_Princess Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #59 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

Thank you everyone, I emailed fotos of them to the bride whose oreder I couldn't take, cause I dont have the pan sizes nor oven size I would've needed to make her cake, and she is definately interested in having those cookies as place cards for her wedding. This months theme was EXACTLY right, otherwise I never would've gotten the idea to make these

You are welcome, I figured this month's theme would be perfect especially for those people preparing or the most popular wedding date of all time 07/07/07.

It's a great theme to get those even greater ideas flowing. Hope you get the order.

Ursula40 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 2:35pm
post #60 of 111

i'll let you guys/gals know, if and when I get the order. It's late here, but I'm too excited to go to bed, keep on checking my emails, grin

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%