Missing Cake Photo??

Decorating By MommyEdzards Updated 29 May 2007 , 3:15pm by gakali

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 21

I uploaded a picture of a cake I did....pink flip flops.....and now I can not find it anywhere. Has anyone else had this happen? I tried to upload it again and it would not let me because it was a dupilcate. icon_confused.gif

20 replies
2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 21

when did you upload it the first time? Sometimes it takes a little while before it is available to view.

I had uploaded a photo in the naughty files a few weeks ago and I tried looking for it yesterday and could not find it.

MommyEdzards Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 21

I uploaded it this morning and saw it on the home page with a couple of comments already. It's weird....it's just gone.

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 21

give it a little more time, it will probably show up.

BearLuvsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BearLuvsCakes Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 21

Yea I uploaded one last night and I'm getting comments but it wont even show up in my photos.... lol

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 21

It's been happening to me too. I uploaded a pic of my school reunion cake on Sat. It didn't show up anywhere, not even in "My Photos". I tried to upload it again today and I got the same message, that it's a duplicate. So I tried to upload a different picture of the same cake. It appeared to upload as usual - but it didn't show up anywhere either. Then, the really weird thing is I've been getting e-mails to say people have been commenting on both cakes! So I followed the link in the comments e-mails, and was able to see the cakes. I tried to put them in my favorites, so I'd be able to find them - but, you guessed it, they didn't show up there either! I just don't get how other people have been able to see them....I searched every which way and they just aren't there! icon_confused.gif

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 21

Same here! I've uploaded 2 photos in the past 12 hours and they're not showing up anywhere. Must be a bug.

Chrisi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisi Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:45pm
post #8 of 21

Yeah I uploaded a photo about Friday I think it was. It came up on the home page, and people are commenting on it, but it's not in "my photos". On top of htat I can't find it in the gallery.

It was a pic of a sheet of fondant with a painting of daisies on it. Have you seen it? It's driving me crazy!! icon_cry.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 21

I've had the same thing happen with one of mine yesterday and today. I emailed for help, but it was just a little while ago, so I haven't heard back yet.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 28 May 2007 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 21

When I click on 'last photos' in the gallery I am only seeing May 27th as the last postings, nothing from the 28th. Must be a problem with several of the photo sites. Hopefully it will be straightenend out soon.....I feel the withdrawls coming on already!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 28 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #11 of 21

Chrisi - I saw that photo - I remember because it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Did anyone look in the recent uploads area?

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 28 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #12 of 21

I posted a picture yesterday and saw it go through new photos but can't seem to find it. It's not even in my photos, i just got a comment on it.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 28 May 2007 , 5:16pm
post #13 of 21

Same problem here. I uploaded 3 photos on Sunday and none of them appear anywhere, can't search for them, not in my photos, but....can't upload them again because they're duplicates!

Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait until they get the problem sorted out. icon_cry.gif

Have a safe & happy Memorial Day and remember those who gave their lives for our country usaribbon.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 May 2007 , 5:20pm
post #14 of 21

see these two threads from Heath (our beleaguered Mr. Fix-it -- come on folks, give him a break -- he's only one person -- it's not like there's a whole IT dept running this site!)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-3190903-.html#3190903

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-3168683-.html#3168683

MommyEdzards Posted 28 May 2007 , 9:07pm
post #15 of 21

I was just asking to see if anyone else had this problem or if I did something wrong. Not getting on anyones case about it...... icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 May 2007 , 9:10pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyEdzards

I was just asking to see if anyone else had this problem or if I did something wrong. Not getting on anyones case about it...... icon_biggrin.gif

I know...

it's just this was yet another in (ok, don't have fingers and toes enough to count that high) # of posts all on this same topic.

had to come to his defense.

Chrisi Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:54am
post #17 of 21

Ok now I feel bad. icon_sad.gif I didn't want to get anyone upset. I was just wondering if it was just me. Since I know now it is alot of other folks, I'll shut up and wait. Sorry Heath. Hope you have the patients to deal with it. Because lord nows I don't. icon_smile.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 29 May 2007 , 12:16pm
post #18 of 21

Mommy...your flip-flops are in your pictures now....... they are adorable !

Chrisi Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:49pm
post #19 of 21

Mine was fixed. Hooray!!! Thank you to Mr.Fix it. thumbs_up.gif

MommyEdzards Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:06pm
post #20 of 21

icon_redface.gif I never saw any of the other posts on this subject, and it had never happened to me before. I figured it was some type of glitch....but wasn't sure if I was the only one or not. tapedshut.gif
Thanks Heath!
and thanks for the nice comments!!

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:15pm
post #21 of 21

My pics are back too! Thank you to both Heath and Jackie for all your hard work. We all appreciate your commitment to CC!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%