Need Help Here For Fondant Presentation

Decorating By sumaram Updated 23 May 2005 , 6:18am by cupcakequeen

sumaram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumaram Posted 23 May 2005 , 1:30am
post #1 of 3

I have a class presentation for my fondant this coming wednesday and I am making 2 tier cake.
The lower one is going to be 8x3 and chocolate cake---
QUESTION HERE:- I want to make it 2 layer with chocolate filling(how to go about it)recipe and method.
The top tier is 6x2 and both the cakes will have buttercream icing an dthen rolled with white fondant and the i will be using the pillar's.
I have made both white n pink roses today so that it will be set for wednesday class.
QUESTION HERE:-
I want to do forget-me-not flowers too,should this also be done in advance like the roses for it to dry.and which tip do i use for it and wut is the consistency for that.

Hope to here from you all soon.Thanks in advance forthe help. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 May 2005 , 6:03am
post #2 of 3

You will have to explain your questions a little more. Are you just learning fondant? Is this for a wilton class? What do you mean by class presentation? I'm confused here. If your in a class haven't you already been taught how to roll out fondant? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Please explain. I will try to help if I can.

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 23 May 2005 , 6:18am
post #3 of 3

For forget-me-nots you need that tiny petal tip...can't think of the number off hand...but it's the same shape that you use to make rose petals....only SMALLER icon_razz.gif They can be made well in advance and work best if using royal icing...because they are so small, if you use buttercream, they may get smushed easily.

There are great recipes on this site for chocolate cake, if that's what you are looking for. As for filling the cake, make sure you create a "dam" around the rim and then fill it with chocolate pudding or whatever chocolate filling you wish to use...if it's just an icing filling then, you don't need to put a dam around the rim.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%