Post Your Best/favorite Cake Pic.

Decorating By debbie2881 Updated 4 Dec 2014 , 4:38am by Candy Goodreau

Reecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reecie Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:01am
post #31 of 345

Wow, all the cakes look great! I have 2 that I think turned out the best so far. The first is a wedding cake for my friends cousin with calla lillies. It was so much fun to do and it was the first time my bc came close to being smooth! The second is a cross cake done for a Christening. I quoted the customer one price and she paid me what she "thought" it was worth which was double the price I gave her! I'll see if I can get them attached here.
LL
LL

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:04am
post #32 of 345

I don't know which is my favorite, but this is one that I had the most fun making. It's my son's fifth birthday cake.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:13am
post #33 of 345

Ok...let me take a look at my photos....

it's very hard to choose....I feel like I'm betraying my other cakes (I only have a slight guilt complex icon_smile.gif )

I guess I'll go with this one...although I'm seeing so many whimsicals nowadays...I feel like it's almost a cliche...
LL

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:00am
post #34 of 345

These cakes are so incrediable. I can only hope and pray that one day I will be half as good as you all are.

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:16am
post #35 of 345

I love the style of the whimsical cakes too, but I don't dare even try going there right now. I Still have a lot to learn. I love looking at what you all can create though. I would need to practice a lot more than I have time for I'm sure to get that good.

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:50am
post #36 of 345

Great post... I guess we all deserve to brag a little after all of our hard work! Gosh all these cakes are beauties. I am always amazed at how many cakes are posted in CC on a daily basis.
My cakes aren't nearly as good as some of the ones posted here but I am always in awe amazed at my self when i look at my finished product...I know my beloved mom's hand is helping me in spirit. She was a cake lady too in the 70's.
Here are two of mine. The Harry Potter is one of my first and there's nothing really special about it but I really liked the way the sorting cap came out...molded it from fondant and then handpainted the details.

The jungle cake was a copy of someone elses but I loved the colors and the animals were fun to make.

Keep up the great work everyone!! thumbs_up.gif
LL
LL

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:50am
post #37 of 345

Um, yeah, joanmary, you might need to move that wildest fantasy over to the "naughty" discussions icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'm just kidding with ya!! I thought that was cute (what you wrote) icon_lol.gif

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:20am
post #38 of 345

Oh, this is a lot of fun. I am absolutely amazed by the talent.

I have two favorite cakes, I just could not decide which one to attach so I will try to attach both of them.
LL

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:21am
post #39 of 345

Everyone has such beautiful cakes it's very inspiring. It won't let me put my pictures here because there are too many pixels and I don't know how to fix it, but my favorites are my baby on a cloud cake because it was my first time doing "modeling" and also my cake with the fresh flowers on it.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:50am
post #40 of 345

Yeah! I'm glad this thread was started because there are gazillions of awesome cakes here!

I have several favorites of my own but I suppose my most favorite is truely sentimental to me because it was dedicated to my Grandmother who passed away of Cancer just 6 months prior. I hadn't realized it at the time but the day I made it would have been her 94th birthday so I think somehow she must have been looking down on me. I also won my first ever competition, the State Fair with it so I was thrilled to pieces!
KimAZ
LL

claire_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claire_d Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 6:05am
post #41 of 345

I am very new to this forum but I thought you would be interested to see a cake from the story Ramayan. This is a picture of Lord Krishna on the head of Kaalia the Cobra, the other is of Lord Krishna stealing butter which he loved.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 6:21am
post #42 of 345

WOW, what great cakes everyone!! Well, I have two cakes that are my favorites. The baby bassinett was for my daughters cheer coach and the other cake is my favorite because I designed it for a customer's 9 year old daughter. The mom gave me a napkin and said "design a cake around this".
LL
LL

Reecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reecie Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:42pm
post #43 of 345

DiscoLady,

I love your sorting cap! You did a great job.

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:35pm
post #44 of 345

I love this idea!! There are so many beautiful cakes!! I haven't done to many cakes but I do have a couple of favorites. I am finally getting better with smoothing my buttercream and have just started working with fondant. I couldn't really decide between two so I will post them both. The farm animal cake I think is really my favorite and more special to me because it was my first attempt at moulding fondant. The flamingo cake was just really fun and I love the bright colors!
LL
LL

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:10pm
post #45 of 345

Gee thanks Reecie! icon_rolleyes.gif
and mariaK I think you're on your way to a great cake career! thumbs_up.gif

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:20pm
post #46 of 345

Thanks DiscoLady! I really hope so, I love doing it!The main problem I have is most of the people that buy my cakes want a cheap simple cake like they see at the grocery store and I want to do a more detailed design which would be more exspensive. Most of the time I end up doing an elaborate cake for very little money. I have to stop doing that.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:38pm
post #47 of 345

The cakes being posted here are truly amazing! Some I've seen before and others not, but this was a great thread idea. If you haven't posted yet please do!! I want to see more of the talent here at Cake Central. thumbs_up.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:54pm
post #48 of 345

I am loving this...and would like to tell every last one of you just how beautiful your work is! All the differnt skill levels and all...they are GREAT! I am so in love with that sorting hat and the "boo" cake and the one with the bassinette and booties!...and the wedding cakes using the stairs over them covered in flowers! The last couple of sheet cakes were perfect and the one with the stripes and gerberas that seemed to match an invitation was classic! The puppy in the mug is adorable and the noahs ark sheet cake is lovely!!! Ladies you are ALL so talented.

...the white 4-tiered square with gp flowers is the one people rave about most...but i think my personal fave would be hard to say as I get sentimental over most every job .
LL

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:00pm
post #49 of 345

Kay Day I absolutely LOVE your cake! What a neat thread. I am frightened to post anything. All the cakes here are perfect!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:02pm
post #50 of 345

All of the cakes posted are amazing. My Favorite cake was made for my best friend's birthday. It was super easy (edible image) but it was very special because she was so happy about it. It's a picture of a Jack Russell Terrier, very much like her own, sitting at the table waiting for his piece of cake.
LL

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:07pm
post #51 of 345

Ok here's one I made for My brother in law for his business school graduation. I put so much into it.
LL

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:08pm
post #52 of 345

Wow I"m blown away. I want instructions on thse! I hope to find some more info. on each of them later when I search the full galleries. I'm especially impressed by those cakes where it's 4 - 5 cakes and there is like a "Bridge" imbetween - I can't remember now whose that was but WOW! How on earth did you do that??

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:11pm
post #53 of 345

Here is mine..
LL

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:16pm
post #54 of 345

Well I love this thread. All the cakes are beautiful. Then there was mine icon_lol.gif I am no where near as great as you all but I will post my fav cake. I did this cake for my good friends baby shower. I did not know where I was going with it. The dasies did not turn out as well as I would have like but i thouroughly loved doing this cake (I could do basket weave all day long) & I got tons of compliments on looks & the taste (it was very yummy!)
LL

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:19pm
post #55 of 345

prettycake- your cake is STUNNING to say the least. icon_eek.gif WOW

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:23pm
post #56 of 345

I guess I would have to say this is my favorite........I've never had a cake come out as good as the pic. I had of it in my head......but I agreed to do this cake 3 months before they needed it and had no clue what the guitar was even going to look like until a week before hand and I thought there was no way I was going to pull it off...so I only picked it as my favorite because it's the first time I seriously thought I could NOT pull it off and managed to anyhow!!! The top two pics are the actually guitar the bottom one is the cake made to look like it!
LL

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:25pm
post #57 of 345

wow...spottydog...that grad cake is AMAZING!

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:27pm
post #58 of 345

I have only done a handful of cakes, but I think that my favorite so far is the first cake I ever really decorated (I had made 13x9's w/ canned frosting slapped on before). I made it for my mom's birthday last December as her birthday present. I think it is lovely and she loved it. It is what got me started on decorating cakes. I don't know if I will be able to attach it, but if not it is in my photos. it is the three tier fondant cake with white trees around it. My second favorite is my mouse cake that I made for my hubby, because it is so personal to our family.
LL

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:30pm
post #59 of 345

What wonderful cakes!!!

I am trying to attach mine but it keeps telling me I have too many pixels. Anyway, if you want to take a peek at mine, it's the second one in my pics. It is a two tier wedding cake with fondany bows and swags.

Sandy

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:33pm
post #60 of 345

that is a really pretty wedding cake, I love the shine you achieved on the swags and bows!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%