Post Your Best/favorite Cake Pic.

Decorating By debbie2881 Updated 4 Dec 2014 , 4:38am by Candy Goodreau

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 6:26pm
post #181 of 345

I love looking at all the beautiful cakes by all the talented people here! here is my favorite cake I have made to date.
LL

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 6:27pm
post #182 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Ok...let me take a look at my photos....

it's very hard to choose....I feel like I'm betraying my other cakes (I only have a slight guilt complex icon_smile.gif )

I guess I'll go with this one...although I'm seeing so many whimsicals nowadays...I feel like it's almost a cliche...

just awesome. please give me the instructions. i am not brave enough to try something like that...especially the pillow. beautiful

karmicflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karmicflower Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 7:52pm
post #183 of 345

First off let me say that i am so glad i found this place, i've been making cakes for years, as a hobby for friends and family, learning slowly through books and tv, and ever since i found cakecentral i have learned so much more, and everyone here is so helpful... im so happy.. thank you

The cakes posted on this site are beautiful, so many wonderful artists here, just wanted to say that.

Now for my favorite cake, I haven't been able (or rather forgotten) to take pictures of all the cakes i have made, but of the ones i have to say that the jojo cake i made for my daughters 3rd birthday is my favorite, and was the most fun (it was inspired by ChristyB).
LL

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 8:54pm
post #184 of 345

karmicflower that is too cute, what a great job.

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 10:03pm
post #185 of 345

steffla - I startesd decorating cakes last fall - that's when she started too. I was a little uptight in the beginning so I did not let her do much....but, I relaxed and said "Aw heck, why not!" Now she helps with practically every cake I do - from planning and coming up with ideas - to baking cakes - luster dusting - and coloring fondant .....she's a huge help with that!!!! I'm hoping in a few years she can work her way through college making and selling cakes. She is fearless - she will try anything and she tells me I can do anything....I wish I had her confidence. Thanks a bunch.

ShortNsweet and karmic flower - love your cakes! We are big jojo fans in our house. I love primary color cakes.

Boloantiano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boloantiano Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 10:46pm
post #186 of 345

This i one my favourite
LL

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 11:10pm
post #187 of 345

Boloantiano, it's adorable! Is he housebroken???

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 30 Jul 2006 , 2:02am
post #188 of 345

Just did this for a wedding today I memory of Susan O Boyle-Jacobson
cake artist it was in the American Cake mag and the bride had to have it.
Had to think about this one for awhile and read the directions carfully she wanted a different flower so I had one made for her wish I could do gumpaste like that but I just don't have the time to many cakes to do. A retired decorator made it for me think I'll have to get some lessons from her. So far my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!! I had to hand paint the bamboo and leaves didn't know I could paint.
LL

madmay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madmay Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 6:59pm
post #189 of 345

my sister wanted a different cake so made this road kill rabbit. Rabbit is made of fondant and base is cake coverd in black icing and cookie crumbs

Yes..it is a funny sick cake but it is my favorite one I did for a birthday cake(they DID love it)

Boyka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boyka Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 8:20pm
post #190 of 345

I have a special feelings for my first fondant cake ... I played with Nemo

luvmykids2bits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmykids2bits Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 12:35am
post #191 of 345

I just joined Cake Central, but this is the cake that I am most impressed by myself!  I did this one for my daughter's fifth birthday.   I love the talent of some the stacked and tilted and tiered cakes, I'm in total awe! 

Arreis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arreis Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 1:19am
post #192 of 345

AH

Original message sent by FunCakesVT

Great idea!

Since I have only made a handful of cakes, not much to choose from and really looking forward to those I have coming up, but so far my favorite was the Dora I did for my daughter, mostly because of her expression!

But the easiest was the ice cream sundae and I had a great time with that! [URL=http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/f/fc/fc2c2cbb_dora_cake_181.jpeg]LL [/URL]

How did you get the water to look so realistic??

TamathaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaG Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 1:48am
post #193 of 345

Mini cake

This was my first cake that was not for family and it felt so good to see how happy the little girl was when we delivered it!

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 4:19am
post #194 of 345

Good thread to revive. This is by far the cake I'm most proud of. This cake was for my son's 15th birthday. I chose the Viola since it's his instrument of choice in Advanced Orchestra. Everything is edible, even the strings.

This cake is up for review by the PRCC. I wanted to give my son a meaningful "wow" cake for his 15th birthday. I chose the Viola since it's his instrument of choice in Advanced Orchestra. Everything is edible, even the strings. I enlarged a template to get the true sizing of a 16" viola. The neck was a PITA to make, the tuning pegs work and I had fun making it. There are several things I would do differently and some things I may need you all to point out. TIA. It's a Red Velvet Key Lime cake with IMBC.

16" viola and bow.

chris2110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chris2110 Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:50am
post #195 of 345

Here's my first attempt at what is becoming very famous.....the rose umbre cake

countrygirl318 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarOrchard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buglady Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 4:16pm
post #199 of 345

This is my favorite so far. For my nieces wedding.700

countrygirl318 Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 4:55pm
post #200 of 345

A

Original message sent by shortNsweet

Everyone's cakes are SO beautiful! I have learned SO much from everyone here! I love this site!

Here is my latest cake I am pretty proud of...I just posted it here last weekend. [URL=http://cakecentral.com/image/id/1334415]LL [/URL]

How did you make those flowers what are the names they are very pretty

Rosegin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosegin Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 4:16am
post #201 of 345

AThis is my most recent and my new favorite.

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3060774/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

swishykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swishykitty Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:10am
post #202 of 345

As always, I am so impressed, and somewhat intimidated, by everyone's decorating skills. 

I am just a hobby baker, but I do get invited to some great parties!!

This is one of my favorites as it was a first for me for the technique and fantasy flowers.

1st time trying "petal" technique.  Snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon icing

This is my interpretation of Southern Living's cover cake for December 2012

Thanks to all you CC'rs for your inspiration and information, y'all rock!!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 7:00am
post #203 of 345

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3060806/width/200/height/400[/IMG] This is still my favorite! Made for my younger brother.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 7:57am
post #204 of 345

A[quote name="Rosegin" url="/t/30289/post-your-best-favorite-cake-pic/180#post_7419402"]This is my most recent and my new favorite.

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3060774/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/quote]

I am soooooo jealous of how neat your writing is!!!!!!! Love this cake!

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 9:15am
post #205 of 345

This is by far my most favorite creation... and this is my birthday cake :-)

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 9:16am
post #206 of 345

AppleMark

This is 8' and 6' cake. Bottom tier is sticky date cake and top tier is white chocolate mudcake. Both cakes are filled with white chocolate ganache. The ombre ruffles took forever to finish! top tier design is inspired by one of Jessica Harris' fashionista cake design. The blossom sugar flowers are made of gumpaste and coloured with petal dust.

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 11:22am
post #207 of 345

wow these are stunning

Rosegin Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 10:42pm
post #208 of 345

A

Original message sent by morganchampagne

I am soooooo jealous of how neat your writing is!!!!!!! Love this cake!

Thank you!

Rosegin Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 10:42pm
post #209 of 345
lunawhisper0013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lunawhisper0013 Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 11:49pm
post #210 of 345

* White cake with buttercreme icing.  It has a PVC structure and rice crispies for the neck and head. the fangs are fondant and the scales are buttercreme with pearl spray for the shine.  One of my proudest cakes.

This beast of a cake is my favorite.  He is made with PVC, RKT and buttercream icing with pearl airbrushing. The fangs are fondant. It took me 7 hours to do this one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%