Anyone Up Baking Tonight?

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 18 May 2007 , 1:38pm by alicegop

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:27am
post #1 of 18

I have my first wedding cake tomorrow. I am so nervous!

17 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:32am
post #2 of 18

You'll do just fine, just make sure you are well rested beforehand. Not quite sure what time you have over there, but if it's bedtime, go to bed. Tomorrow, turn on some good music, get a really good cup of coffee, take a deep breath and decorate away

gladds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladds Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:32am
post #3 of 18

Just got finished. Just a two tier going away cake. All that is left now is to clean up my kitchen.....NOT. I'll have to do it in the morning. Good luck with your wedding cake. I can wait to see it. It will be beautiful

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:33am
post #4 of 18

I've been baking pies for my daughter's coffee shop-- I do it every Thursday evening. Good luck with your wedding cake-- think positive-- you can do it!

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:36am
post #5 of 18

I'm still up baking!! I am on my 3rd cake out of six going out tomorrow. I think I am going to bed because I am starting to get cross-eyed icon_eek.gif

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:43am
post #6 of 18

Hi ~

Best Wishes on your wedding cake for tomorrow... Get your rest, you'll do great!

I'mup baking a cakeformy brothers 50th this saturday. A black grand pianomadefrom ricekrispie treat covered in black fondant,white/black keys and a tulip of the top...chocolate cakeswillhave mango cream filling....think I'll usepush in pillars to holdup the piano.

Time for bed now though...

Mary Jane

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:47am
post #7 of 18

Good luck on the wedding cake. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

I just finished with two dozen chocolate shortbread kisses (cookies) and have two pans of brownies in the oven.

RedPanda

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:48am
post #8 of 18

I'm still up...just finished a cupcake bouquet for a school bake sale tomorrow. First time...they are a lot harder than they look. Hope I don't get up in the morning to find it in pieces. The kitchen will have to wait till morning....need my cc time.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:50am
post #9 of 18

Not baking right now but I was earlier. Does that count? icon_smile.gif

I baked four layers for one cake I have coming up and then did two layers that I will freeze for a large cake I'm doing for Memorial Day weekend.

I will finish baking the Memorial Day layers tomorrow and then have them all ready to go waiting for me in the freezer. Yippy! I love having them done early.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:56am
post #10 of 18

Stilll up here! It's nearly 2:00 a.m., just pulled my last cake out of the oven to cool. I'm decorating it tomorrow morning (easy one) and the other is a 2-layer 8" round....red velvet cake with crusting cream cheese icing! YUM! That one's not due until tomorrow afternoon, so I'm gonna wrap my sheet cake and scoot off to bed!

Good luck on your wedding cake tomorrow! It'll turn out great! Can't wait to see the pic!

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 18 May 2007 , 6:01am
post #11 of 18

Nope... no cakes... a ton of dishes though!!!!!

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 18 May 2007 , 6:48am
post #12 of 18

Cambo-
I am coming over or inviting you over to bake, because we are the only two nuts in the eastern time zone up at 2am doing this?! haha I can't sleep because I have a duplicate "disaster cake" going out tomorrow, and I'm terrified. Never had a cake slide on me EVER, but this one did previously, and the customer STILL wanted the same kind for her sons birthday. (I posted in the disaster forums a couple weeks ago when it happened) Granted, almond cake with buttercream, and raspberry filling, hard to pass up for sure....but I don't wanna drive this thing again!! My eyes are starting to hurt, perhaps thats a sign of much needed sleep?? Have a great night... errr morning, I think. icon_smile.gif
PS: Where in OH do you live (if you don't mind me asking)??

chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:05am
post #13 of 18

Well alicegop and I were trying to figure out how to fix some really bad breakage on a 16 inch square cake.... I told her to go to bed... let it crust and see what happens in the morning...I hope there is still hope for that cake icon_surprised.gif
You may see it posted on disasters!!!
Sorry Alice icon_cry.gif

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:06am
post #14 of 18

Not up baking tonight - that will be tomorrow during the day. I was up making the dough for sugar cookies - letting it get nice and cold... and then decorating them all tomorrow night...

I am sure your wedding cake (and all the other cakes discussed tonight) will turn out FAB-U-LOUS!

Good Night and Good Luck...

Alicia

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:25am
post #15 of 18

I'm not baking, but I have been making MMF, coloring it, and then cutting little discs to make LOTS of fondant pearls. I've been checking out an online store that I just found yesterday too. It's called Into the oven. Neat place. Prices aren't too bad either. I might have to do some shopping tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:23am
post #16 of 18

I just finished baking half of the cookies for my sisters graduation party, I will start baking the cake tomorrow and freezing it for next week. I am also baking the rest of the cookies tomorrow, I have 150 to do. Good luck to all of you with your cakes! I know I'll need luck with mine next Sat. it's going to be the biggest cake I've ever done!

Erica

nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:42am
post #17 of 18

I just finished uploading my projects for the night--a red velvet heart cake with cornelli lace, and a gumpaste/fondant Sailor hat that will be used on another cake this weekend. Oh my. It's now after 4:30am, and I'm off to try to get a couple of hours of sleep! lol

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 18 May 2007 , 1:38pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcindy

Well alicegop and I were trying to figure out how to fix some really bad breakage on a 16 inch square cake.... I told her to go to bed... let it crust and see what happens in the morning...I hope there is still hope for that cake icon_surprised.gif
You may see it posted on disasters!!!
Sorry Alice icon_cry.gif

I'm retiring from cakes.... this week has been a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!! That 16 inch is as ugly as ever, I should have taken a picture this morning, I'll take one when I get home before I attempt to salvage it icon_sad.gif

My ladybug cake, the frosting in the front keeps falling off so now I am going to lose out on the money from that cake. it is unfixable icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%