How Long Been Decorating?????

Decorating By TPDC Updated 6 Jul 2006 , 6:58am by Chef_Stef

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 10:27pm
post #91 of 96

I started in April of this year. I absolutely LOVE it! It's a stress reliever for me. I have learned so much from CC.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 11:50pm
post #92 of 96

I've been decorating as a hobby for the past 3 years. I'm always learning new things and I'm continually improving. I still have quite a ways to go before my cakes look as nice as some of the cakes on here, but most people really seem to like the way my cakes look.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 11:59pm
post #93 of 96

I've been learning for 8 years now, and been making cakes for friends and family from 3-4 years. And since last year I decided to get serious about it. So my business is open since April of this year.

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 12:09am
post #94 of 96

20something - my sister started in about 80 (I was 11) and of course I had to help.....then she got interested in something else and I have done cakes on & off for home and friends since.

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 4:10am
post #95 of 96

Well I started making birthday cakes for my kids 36 yrs ago.. I must say some of them were pretty sad looking.. I did get better over the yrs and mostly made cakes using those character pans when my kids were young.. I really only started to seriously decorate 2 yrs ago when my daughter asked me to make her wedding cakes.. {she wanted 3}. I have had fun with it.and have plently of time to play around with decorating since I am retired. I haven't taken any classes.. I would like to sometime though.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 6:58am
post #96 of 96

I have always loved to cook, bake, and entertain big-time. I always loved doing desserts and cakes and took the Wilton course about 3 years ago and started getting excited about it then. I've been doing them on the side since, but not often. I think maybe 7 weddings total, 3 for family and the rest from referrals and word of mouth. I'd like to specialize in wedding cakes primarily. I LOVE it. Since I am going to be quitting my job soon, kids are bigger now, and DH is going to build me a kitchen so I can do it legally here, I'm pretty excited about doing it more seriously. I've seen what there is in our area for choices, and I know I can do well with it.

I'm taking a 4-week wedding cake class starting next week, which I'm excited about. Had to cancel a gumpaste and a fondant class but will hopefully take them later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%