Slap My Hand...i Learned My Lesson...boo Hoo Hoo...

Baking By thedessertdiva Updated 14 May 2007 , 7:36am by redpanda

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 9 May 2007 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 19

So I was in a rush. I was down to the wire on orders for the petit fours (256) I have been working on and realized that...GASP...Mothers Day is SUNDAY!!! And I have 5 orders of 7 cookie, cookie bouquets due by Sat morning.

Well, Bad, bad me...used a cookie mix to save on time...AHHHH...my cookies spread like a fat girl sitting in a movie seat...ugh...now I must start ALL over. I am going to use the NFSC recipe, or Penny's, but NEVER EVER EVER again use the dreaded mix...

Live and learn, ladies...I sure did!!

18 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 May 2007 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 19

LOL!!! What's that phrase about hind sight? icon_smile.gif At least you have enough time to fix everything...hopefully! Good luck!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 19

"my cookies spread like a fat girl sitting in a movie seat"

What's that phrase about hind sight?"

does anybody else see the humor in those two statements put into the same thread?

maybe i've snorted a little too much dust...

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 19

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You are funny, I'm glad you have time to get it right.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 19

Thanks for the laugh, I really needed it!

icing_fever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icing_fever Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 19

I would have something clever to say.... but I am laughing to hard icon_smile.gif

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 19

you girls crack me up!!

good luck dessertdiva!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 19

LOL... What a visual!!

I had the same problem with the refrigerated dough... what a mess!

Hope you get everything done.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 19

Too bad for the cookies, but great outlook on the whole thing.

Glad you have some time to get it all figured out.

I have a few too many project and commitments this week too and I am just praying to make it to Sunday and getting all my cakes and cupcakes and stuff done in time without sending myself into early labour.

Good Luck.

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:49pm
post #10 of 19

"Well, Bad, bad me...used a cookie mix to save on time...AHHHH...my cookies spread like a fat girl sitting in a movie seat...ugh"

OMG that is soooooo funny... icon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:13pm
post #11 of 19

Diva,

That was you sitting behind me

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:18pm
post #12 of 19

OMG. LOL!! I didn't even mean it that way. Too funny!!

Here I am sitting at the computer when I have to decorate cookies for teacher appreciation week that are due tomorrow and 3 dozen graduation cookies for Friday. I need to get my wide hind end off the couch and into the kitchen! icon_smile.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:40pm
post #13 of 19

I think it's the kitchen not the couch that makes our hinnies wide icon_razz.gif

thedessertdiva Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:44pm
post #14 of 19

Lets see...what else could I have gotten wrong today?? Ever have one of those days? icon_cry.gif

So I remade a batch of cookies (Pennys), and got the RBC on, but what did I do??? Totaly forgot to insert the stick!! UUUGGGHHH.... icon_mad.gif

So, anyone have a good idea on how I can get my cookies on the stick or stick the cookies to the stick???

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:16am
post #15 of 19

I bought scewers at walmart, haven't used yet, but one end was pointed, could you put icing or something as glue on the scewer and then insert the pointed end into cookie, even though it is cooled? never tried, but a thought. shana

thedessertdiva Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:33am
post #16 of 19

I have the wooden bamboo skewers, I was afraid that the cookie would crack or crumble, Maybe the wooden stir sticks from Starbucks, is there a way to "glue" the cookie to the flat side of the stir stick?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:27pm
post #17 of 19

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything or i wold have snorted it ALL OVER my computer.. Spread like a fat girl sitting in a movie seat?? OMG too funny!!!

Glad that you have time to re-bake..

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:32am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

So I was in a rush. I was down to the wire on orders for the petit fours (256) I have been working on and realized that...GASP...Mothers Day is SUNDAY!!! And I have 5 orders of 7 cookie, due by Sat morning.

Well, Bad, bad me...used a cookie mix to save on time...AHHHH...my cookies spread like a fat girl sitting in a movie seat...ugh...now I must start ALL over. I am going to use the NFSC recipe, or Penny's, but NEVER EVER EVER again use the dreaded mix...

Live and learn, ladies...I sure did!!

OMG....I'm LMAO at your post because I did the exact same thing several years ago....to SAVE myself some time! Literally, I had one fat cookie on the sheet when I pulled it from the oven!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:36am
post #19 of 19

I've forgotten to insert the stick and was able to use melted white chocolate to attach sticks to the back. I just waited until the icing was dry, and then turned the cookies over. I ran a line of melted chocolate (piped out of a disposable bag) down the back of the cookie, put the stick onto the melted chocolate, and then piped a line of chocolate along the sides of the stick, connected to the chocolate that was already on the cookie. I know I'm not explaining this well, but the stick ended up covered about three quarters of the way around. Once the chocolate set, the cookies were quite firmly attached. (I'd be worried about trying this in hot weather, though.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%