Help! Backstreet Boys Themed Cake???

Decorating By dandelion Updated 26 May 2006 , 10:52am by LeeAnn

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 26 May 2006 , 3:41am
post #1 of 7

my friend wants a backstreet boys cake for her birthday. i googled for a logo hoping to be able to do a simple bct, but didn't find any.
any ideas?
this cake is for saturday.
tia

6 replies
dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 26 May 2006 , 4:18am
post #2 of 7

bump...

ShelBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelBell Posted 26 May 2006 , 5:13am
post #3 of 7

Not sure if this would work but..what if you took one of their cd covers and blew it up and did a fbct from that? Maybe just like their silhouttes (sp?) and logo?

fronklowes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fronklowes Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:40am
post #4 of 7

How about making fondant CD's with song titles or CD titles on them and putting them all over the cake or on the borders of the cake (you could use a round cutter and poke a hole in the middle of each cut-out with a toothpick or a smaller circle cutter). Then, make a simple CD booklet (you know, the booklets that have the thank you's and song lyrics) out of two fondant squares and place them in the middle of the cake as if the booklet is laying there open, maybe even make three to add dimension. Write "Happy birthday, _____" on one page and "from --insert all the backstreet boys' names". You might even add your name to the list to be funny! Don't forget to pipe some little staples on the fold of your CD booklet...just some ideas to get you started...I know they're a little rough, but maybe they will spark something...

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:50am
post #5 of 7

Wow, are they still around? LOL...

Find some good photos of each member of the band and trace their silhouette and retrace on black fondant and cut out (hopefully you can find one with a microphone in their hands.) Then roll out fondant, maybe in the color their logo or album art onto the cake (covering the entire cake), place each members silhouette in black around the sides of the cake. For a topper you could do either decorated star cookies of various sizes on sticks, a few tin ones on wires to really extend out, or just do their logo in 3D (gumpaste) or on a big cookie, and decorate the borders of the cake, again to sort of match their logo.

Ok, that's all I got, lol. Good luck.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:41am
post #6 of 7

Hi I just did a google picture search, last picture on the bottom is a silhouette of all 5 of them. If you click on that it opens up larger. I could imagine that or at least part of that on the cake

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 26 May 2006 , 10:52am
post #7 of 7

I love fronklowes idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%