Need Idea Fast! Please Help!

Decorating By Euphoriabakery Updated 26 May 2006 , 3:09pm by Euphoriabakery

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 26 May 2006 , 12:42am
post #1 of 15

I just got a request for a 10 inch square cake for tomorrow. It is to be iced in whipped cream icing. The cake is for a 20 something guy. His mom ordered the cake. Doesn't want any writing. Wants lots of decor. She said flowers of all colors or no flowers and do something else. Whatever I think would be best, but not too girly. I am at a loss for ideas and have to decorate this cake by tomorrow afternoon! Any help is appreciated!

14 replies
ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 26 May 2006 , 12:49am
post #2 of 15

How about the square cake, whipped icing, with maybe a little dark ganache down the sides & choc covered strawberries on top?? That wouldn't be too girly & wouldn't take alot of time either.

something like this...pinkbunny did this one:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=strawberries&cat=0&pos=338&search=strawberries

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 26 May 2006 , 12:50am
post #3 of 15

How about "Tools".. Does he like Golf ? or anything Sporty. icon_smile.gif

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 26 May 2006 , 12:50am
post #4 of 15

What about over lapping big polka dots? You could use darker shades of color so that it doesn't look too girly.

dianagreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianagreen Posted 26 May 2006 , 12:56am
post #5 of 15

how about just a bunch of square - in a checkers pattern or something like that - goodluck

Euphoriabakery Posted 26 May 2006 , 3:37am
post #6 of 15

I like the checkered idea. Maybe I could do diamnd shapes in a checkerboard pattern with flowers on top. I don't know anything about the guy the cake is for so that makes it difficult. Strawberries are out because the cake is white with rasberry filling, I don't think strawberries and chocoalte would go. Any other ideas out there?

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 26 May 2006 , 3:44am
post #7 of 15

since you're using raspberry filling maybe fresh raspberries to decorate the top.

strawberries and chocolate actually go amazingly well together. not sure about strawberries raspberries and raspberries though.

good luck, post pics of the results!

Euphoriabakery Posted 26 May 2006 , 3:51am
post #8 of 15

dandelion- I didn't mean that Strawberries and chocolate didn't go together, what I meant was that neither go with white cake with rasberry filling. I bet I could do fresh rasberries dipped in white chocolate though? What do you think?

amylynn8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amylynn8 Posted 26 May 2006 , 3:59am
post #9 of 15

white chocolate and raspberries sound yummy to me icon_biggrin.gif

Euphoriabakery Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:06am
post #10 of 15

Well, I just finished the cake! I didn't really go with any of the designs above, but thought you all might want to see what I came up with. All of your ideas really did get my creative juices flowing! I don't know how masculine it is, but she did say she wanted flowers. I thought the stripes and the maroon color added a little more masculinity to the cake. Anyhoo - Thanks a bunch everyone! And now I will go collapse into bed for a couple hours, at least until one of my kids wakes up!LOL
LL

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:09am
post #11 of 15

It looks GREAT!!! Nice job. They'll both be very pleased icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:35am
post #12 of 15

Well you certainly did it, looks great, not feminin at all. Didn't really think that was possible with flowers, but you've proved me wrong.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 26 May 2006 , 11:43am
post #13 of 15

came out great!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 26 May 2006 , 11:47am
post #14 of 15

Good job!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Lorris

Euphoriabakery Posted 26 May 2006 , 3:09pm
post #15 of 15