Reynolds Funshapes Baking Cups

Decorating By LilWashu Updated 25 May 2006 , 5:36am by kirahhh

LilWashu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilWashu Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 12

Has anyone seen/used these?

I was searching for some cupcake decorating ideas on the net when I stumbled across these:

http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/reynoldskitchens/kitchenconnection/special/fun_shapes/index.asp

I don't ever remember seeing them in the grocery stores around here before, (granted, I wasn't looking for them either) But these would be perfect for so many different things (space theme, 4th of July, Patrick Star from Spongebob, etc.)

Has anyone ever bought them from Kroger, Farmer Jack, Kmart or Meijer? Any help would be great so I don't have to haul my cookies all around town looking for them (but if I have to, I just might! lol). TIA!

11 replies
Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 12

I've seen them at Wal- Mart and at Meijer. Meijer only had one of the shapes and I believe wal-mart had all of them. I found them in the cake isle.

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 12

I've seen them at Wal-Mart, and the local grocery stores. They're in the baking aisle by the generic cake making stuff.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 May 2006 , 12:08am
post #4 of 12

saw them show up in my local stores a couple of weeks ago. Almost bought some b/c they are so reasonable, but haven't had a good reason to. Maybe memorial day would be perfect with the stars!

Thanks for bringing it up and reminding me.

Leily

bridgett413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett413 Posted 23 May 2006 , 12:06pm
post #5 of 12

I have seen them in my area at Walmart, Food Lion and Kroger.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:40am
post #6 of 12

I just tried these last night and I like them very much icon_lol.gif

I made the heart shapes. They are sturdy, so they bake up like mini cakes. The 24 in the pack held exactly on DH French Vanilla cake mix. I filled each cup a bit over half full and they barely domed at all. All 24 fit on a flat, no side cookie sheet, so it was actually a better fit in my oven than two cupcake pans. I sent these to a school bake sale after piping primroses and violets on them. They travelled very well in a box--no bumping and no smudging.

I thought that icing them was easy, too, because of their sturdiness. The only drawback I can see is that they are expensive compared to paper or foil cupcake papers-- they run 8-10 cents each icon_surprised.gif

I'll be looking for coupons and sales!

Rae

LadyCharm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyCharm Posted 24 May 2006 , 11:33am
post #7 of 12

The Dollar Tree has the Star shaped ones in my area. thumbs_up.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 24 May 2006 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 12

They have these around my area too. I've seen them in supermarkets only. A&P, ShopRite, Stop&Shop.

LilWashu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilWashu Posted 24 May 2006 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone! I checked Walmart and they didn't have them. So I emailed reynlodskitchens.com and they said it's a fairly new product, but Krogers did order them. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. icon_eek.gif Thanks for the baking info and cost BlakesCakes!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 May 2006 , 11:08pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCharm

The Dollar Tree has the Star shaped ones in my area. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the tip! i am so checking there tomorrow. Where in the store did you find them?

Leily

myholidayboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myholidayboyz Posted 25 May 2006 , 5:22am
post #11 of 12

My Safeway had the stars and hearts. I picked up the stars and I can't wait to use them! icon_smile.gif

kirahhh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirahhh Posted 25 May 2006 , 5:36am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWashu

Thanks everyone! I checked Walmart and they didn't have them. So I emailed reynlodskitchens.com and they said it's a fairly new product, but Krogers did order them. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. icon_eek.gif Thanks for the baking info and cost BlakesCakes!

I was just gonna add I spotted them at my Krogers here in Houston, Tx; thou I just glanced and they had the Star shaped ones. They had them way at the bottom like near the other Cupcake papercups.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%