Cake Stick In The Pan!!!

Decorating By HammIamm Updated 2 May 2007 , 6:40pm by MandyE

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 10

alright, i have only so pans pans, and once i bake a cake, I usually need the pan right away. I left the cake cool a bit, but the bottoms ALWAYS stick!!! at the bottom on my pans, i put a piece of wax paper then i heavily spray the whole pan. what else can i try to get the WHole cake out in one piece??? i bake from scratch. i'm just pointing that out because when i use to bake with a mix, i find its completely different.

please help!!!!!

9 replies
jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 10

I don't think I would use waxed paper. That may be why your cake is sticking. I make my own "cake release". This is a product sold by Wilton but I make my own and the results are fantastic: RECIPE:
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup oil
1 cup flour
Mix well, store in an airtight container. Does NOT need to be refrigerated.
Just smear this on with a paper towel or waxed paper before you put your mix in the pan. If you want, in addition, you can also give an extra spray with non-stick spray. Hope this helps.

SpencerSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpencerSweets Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 10

I have never tried your tricks but I always have had good results with either the Wilton stuff or Baker's Ease spray and a little sprinkled flour on the bottoms.

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 10

What is nice about the cake release, the flour is already in the mix so it is just one step to coat the pan.

thesasha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thesasha Posted 2 May 2007 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 10

you put the wax paper in, then spray? I always spray the pan and then put my round in after that-also be careful not to over-spray?

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 2 May 2007 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 10

Parchment paper works great for me and I don't have to spray at all.

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 10

i use the wilton cake release, love it!

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:01pm
post #8 of 10

I use the cake release recipe I found here at CC, which is just like jobartwo uses, only I use a 1:1 ratio:
1 cup oil
1 cup flour
1 cup criso

I didn't try it for the longest time, but one day I had a cake stick so I mixed some up and haven't had a cake stick since! Plus, it's super cheap, stores well, and it super simple to use. I just brush it on with a pastry brush! I hope that helps!

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:29pm
post #9 of 10

i have used the cake release recipe before.. i found that after the cake had a residue of fat just coated on the outside of it. yuk. did you guys notice this?>

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:40pm
post #10 of 10

I just use good old Crisco, slather it all over the pan, particularly the sides and then slap a piece of parchment paper, cut to fit, into the bottom. I never have any problems with sticking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%