Cake Pricing Quotes

Business By izzybee Updated 4 May 2007 , 5:07am by feverfixer

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 2 May 2007 , 12:02am
post #1 of 4

I need a standardized form for quoting wedding cake prices. I just got my first order for one, and want to know if anyone uses a quote form.
Thanks!
Lauren

3 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:47am
post #2 of 4

bump

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:58am
post #3 of 4

I don't use a quote form. What I say to the brides is "My cakes start at such and such a serving. Fondant is $1.00 more per serving." Depending on the size of wedding they are having I say "I also recommend supplementing with sheet cake, that serves __ and cost ___." I usually give them an estimate, but I don't write anything done for a quote. I don't want to write anything down because 1. They will and 2. They will most likely bring the cost to the competitor.

Also, when it comes to gumpaste flowers, I have had people call asking how much I charge for add on "Special" items. They wanted an estimate, and all I could tell them was "in order to let you know a cost I would need to see the cake. It all depends on what you are looking at." I don't want to quote something (even if it a large span on price) and have it be different than what I was visualizing.

I don't know if this helped or not, but I thought I would just tell you what I do.

feverfixer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feverfixer Posted 4 May 2007 , 5:07am
post #4 of 4

I use the form on Earlenes cakes. It works great.
Diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%