What's Your 'it' Cake?

Decorating By Lybby2000 Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 12:15am by nickymom

woodyfam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodyfam Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:23pm
post #31 of 164

You are all amazing! Could you tell me how to pull up your galleries? Several of you made reference to the pictures posted there and I would like to look at what you have done. It is inspirational! Thanks so much for sharing. I am a newbie but I will post my favorite.
LL

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:36pm
post #32 of 164

All I can say is WOW we have so many talented "Sugar Artists" here at CC!!! I have a couple of favorites but I think I'm most proud of my avitar. It was my 2006 OSSAS entry designed from the Grand Staircase of the Titanic and the dome on top is an exact replica. It ONLY took about 18-20 hour to complete the dome. Then it was in ACD magazine last month so it's definitly the one I'm most proud of!! This is a great thread, lots of pics going into my favorites!! Keep on Baking!!
Carrie
LL
LL

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:46pm
post #33 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfam

You are all amazing! Could you tell me how to pull up your galleries? Several of you made reference to the pictures posted there and I would like to look at what you have done. It is inspirational! Thanks so much for sharing. I am a newbie but I will post my favorite.

At the bottom of each reply box you will see a small "photo" button in the lower left.

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 1 May 2007 , 1:49pm
post #34 of 164

You guys rock! Those cakes are amazing.

I haven't been doing this to long but my favorate is our first LV purse. My partner and I did this for my daughters 21st birthday to replicate her own purse. For a first time purse I think we did pretty good. It took us about 12 hours to cover with fondant and hand paint all the symbols. It was the exact size and pattern of the real one. Boy were are eyes blurry. It was very hard to cut this.

Thanks for looking. Keep the creativity flowing.
LL

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:41pm
post #35 of 164

Great thread! A lot of hard work went into all of these cakes. You are all to be congratulated. Beautiful work.

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:57pm
post #36 of 164

JaneK, Brandisbaked, Messiet, and Cakel8T......those are some gorgeous cakes. I love them all!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 May 2007 , 5:56pm
post #37 of 164

my favorites that I've done are a tie between the one in my avatar and my guitar cake.......both of them because I took the orders not being completely convinced I could pull them off and when I managed it surprised even me LOL
LL
LL

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 1 May 2007 , 5:33pm
post #38 of 164

Ok I have to say my Lighting Mcqueen cake, because I have never carved a cake let alone a car, everything is decorated with fondant, and because I made it for my nephew totally free!!! double layer 11 x 15, car carved from 7" oval all buttercream dream filling was chocolate buttercream and the McQueen is chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream dream. He still has the car cake
LL

JoMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoMarie Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:02pm
post #39 of 164

I just baked and decorated my first cake about 6 weeks ago. So I have yet to have an "It" cake, but with all the talent CC has, the wonderful ideas, helpful hints, etc I know it will only be a matter of time until I can show my "It" cake.

All of your cakes are WONDERFUL!!!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 1 May 2007 , 5:40pm
post #40 of 164

You guys are awesome! My favorite cake is my beehive cake, made for my Mom's beekeeper's club, and inspired by several beehive cakes on this site. I have never gotten frosting so smooth before in my life! Thanks to the Melvira method!!!!!

Shelle
LL

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:16pm
post #41 of 164

Great thread!! I think my 'it' cake would be the one in my avatar!

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:21pm
post #42 of 164

Wow! Everyone's "it" cakes are amazing!!! My favorite cake so far is one I just did for my nephew and his fiance for their bridal shower.
LL

tammiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammiemarie Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:21pm
post #43 of 164

WOW! These cakes are amazing! I haven't made that many unusual cakes, but I think my favorite so far was the pirate's map cake I made for my nephew. It was exciting for me because it came out like I had pictured in my head - and that never happens!
LL

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:24pm
post #44 of 164

Wow amazing guitar!! Are you sure that isn't a real guitar instead of cake! Everyone's It cakes are great. I don't really have to many yet but I am just proud of myself when I pull off the design that I set out to and the fact that I improve with every cake! Here is the last cake that I did that I though was very sweet.
LL
LL

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:46pm
post #45 of 164

WOW What talent!!! I love CC. This is just so much fun seeing everyones favorite cakes. It just gives me new ideas that I never even would have thought of. My fav is a cake that I made for my last Wilton fondant and gumpaste course.
LL

Lybby2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lybby2000 Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:10pm
post #46 of 164

Wow--what a response!! I thought it would be a fun thread! I love seeing everyones cakes!!

Keep 'em coming!!

Amy83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy83 Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:26pm
post #47 of 164

I agree, great thread. I'm lovin it!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:41pm
post #48 of 164

wow, there are so many - this is probably my most recent favorite one - it was my first cake with fondant and I was very pleased
LL

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:47pm
post #49 of 164

My favorite cake I have made is the Christmas Kissing Ball. I learned a lot with that cake.
LL

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:48pm
post #50 of 164

I don't think I've made my it cake yet. I wish I could do something with really ornate scroll work, but that seems to be my weakness. But so far, my favorite is my first fondant/gum paste/wedding cake. But I can't figure out how to make it small enough to post here in the forum!

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:51pm
post #51 of 164

Wow....very beautiful cakes.

Amy83 Posted 1 May 2007 , 7:54pm
post #52 of 164

summernoelle
is this your cake you were trying to post?
LL

sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 1 May 2007 , 8:05pm
post #53 of 164

I don't think I can pick just one 'it' cake. If I was to pick on terms of 'didn't think I'd pull it off' I'd have to pick my Husky cake. It was only the third cake I'd ever made for someone that wasn't family & I was so scared of doing it. I still, to this day, don't know how I managed to sculpt him!

One of the other cakes I'd pick was the first cake I ever got paid for. I still look at it now, 5 years later, & feel good.
LL

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 May 2007 , 8:47pm
post #54 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy83

summernoelle

Yes, thanks! for some reason, I kept getting an error message.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 1 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #55 of 164

I think it depends on my mood, I can go back and look at older cake photos and maybe choose a favorite, then do a cake tomorrow and decide that it is my favorite after all. But even after 4 years I think it is still the wedding cake I did for my first born granddaughter Ashley. Maybe because I have a special feeling about this child, but I loved the cake.
LL

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 1 May 2007 , 9:08pm
post #56 of 164

your cakes are amazing!

i think that right now i like my dragon cake the most. Here is the link: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=205913

Amy83 Posted 1 May 2007 , 9:53pm
post #57 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy83

summernoelle

Yes, thanks! for some reason, I kept getting an error message.

your welcome. I just resized it to medium web view and posted it. looks great!

I love everyones cakes, amazing jobs.

NickyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickyA Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:05pm
post #58 of 164

What a GREAT thread- such fantastic cakes!!!!!!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:21pm
post #59 of 164

This is my favorite cake, because I had a lot of "firsts" with this cake. My first time doing a tiered cake, a stacked cake, TRANSPORTING a tiered cake haha, doing fondant flowers, and baking a scratch cake. I made it for Easter and was a practice to get more comfortable at the idea of taking on a wedding cake!
LL

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:25am
post #60 of 164

WOW!! I was scrolling through this thread, just saying "wow" and "omg".. good thing my dh is not home, he thinks i'm nuts when i do that!! none of my cakes are good enough for this thread.... working on it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%