post #92 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesondemand

amazing falcon WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto on that. It looks like the real thing. WOW icon_eek.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 5 May 2007 , 1:55pm
post #93 of 164

Ok, that is a nice tree cake... very realistic... apparently too realistic... someone needs to shoo that bird off of there before it mucks up the icing!! What? That's what? I can't hear you... speak slowly and I'll read your lips. It's...part... of... the... cake... WHAT?!?!?! That BIRD? That's cake!??! *faints dead away*

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 May 2007 , 2:05pm
post #94 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok, that is a nice tree cake... very realistic... apparently too realistic... someone needs to shoo that bird off of there before it mucks up the icing!! What? That's what? I can't hear you... speak slowly and I'll read your lips. It's...part... of... the... cake... WHAT?!?!?! That BIRD? That's cake!??! *faints dead away*

You are tooooooooooo funny! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:38pm
post #95 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolacaracas

For me my it cake is te cascade of sugar flowers in my web page. and most resent it has to be this one:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=158833
I'm sorry I cant upload pictures untill the safary bug is fixed
I love all your IT cakes, keep them coming!

I personally don't have a fav. cake yet, but I must say that there are some pretty awesome cakes posted here.
Paolacaracas, your cake is awesome! I agree with one of the comments under the pic: "Look out C. Peters."

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:13pm
post #96 of 164

That falcon cake is awesome!! I can't believe it's really a cake! icon_eek.gif And the Sacred heart is absolutely gorgeous!! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for all your nice comments onmy picnic basket cake! Ya'll are too sweet! icon_redface.gif

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 6 May 2007 , 1:36am
post #97 of 164

This one is my favorite. It's not half as beautiful as some of the cakes I have seen here but I love it.
LL

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 6 May 2007 , 1:39am
post #98 of 164

I would have to say this is my favorite cake I've made so far.....
LL

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 May 2007 , 1:48am
post #99 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwkg

This one is my favorite. It's not half as beautiful as some of the cakes I have seen here but I love it.

I love this! My daughter would love it too! She is a HUGE Tink fan!

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 6 May 2007 , 1:50am
post #100 of 164

This one would probably have to by my favorite. It was my first to go on display
LL

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 27 May 2007 , 2:26am
post #101 of 164

Your cakes are all awesome! The creativity on this site is amazing!

Shelle

icon_smile.gif

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 27 May 2007 , 2:34am
post #102 of 164

Mine would have to be my "Riding Hat" cake. With the help of ShirleyW, I pulled this one off.
My second one is my "Wisteria Cake".

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 7:41pm
post #103 of 164

OK, after this weekend, I now have a new "it" cake. It really turned out better than I had pictured it in my mind and people loved it too. I had it on top of my minivan in the parade also, so fun to show off! My van matched the color of it too icon_lol.gif (obviously I used cake dummies for this one. Just imagine the mess if it were a real cake on top of my van in the sun icon_rolleyes.gif )

I have alot of closeup pics in my gallery also icon_biggrin.gif
LL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 7:54pm
post #104 of 164

Mine is in my photos -- the calla lily cake. It was my very first attempt at gumpaste flowers, had my favorite flower (calla lilies), my favorite colors (Fall colors), and my favorite cake (chocolate with chocolate frosting.) Not to mention it was made for a special needs adult woman for her 50th birthday and she was sooo happy when she saw it she cried with tears of joy!! icon_lol.gif It was also the very first time anyone ever said to me "this is a special occasion in my life, and I'm treating myself by getting one of your cakes." That's how I knew I had arrived! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif

MiaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MiaT Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 10:22pm
post #105 of 164

I think my favorite overall had to be the recent baby shower cake I did, because it came out BETTER than I imagined it was going to (even though throughout the process, I had problems/issues with individual elements).
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_821503.html

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #106 of 164

I love all the cakes!!!

Here are mine:

My signature cake - probably done this in different colors maybe 20 times now....

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2818970430058677465vWZyJr

My snowy creek cake...

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2691563850058677465jdazqs

My niece's hamburger and fries cake....

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2652721210058677465qQPaHP

My niece's baby shower cake with my first time using sugar dough roses...

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2264380920058677465CoPpjl

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:25am
post #107 of 164

I suppose mine has to be my barbie cake by popular demand!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=813723

For me personally though my Christening Dress cake, because it was one of those cakes and ideas that came out so much better than I had hoped for in my head. Oh and the bag too on my shoe and bag cake, for a first time bag I was really happy with it.

icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 5:35am
post #108 of 164

My "it" cake has got to be my Shrek cake. It's not the most complicated cake I've made nor is it the most glamorous but I am NOT good with sculpting faces. i almost switched to the backup plan, spongebob. It may not be perfect cake or shrek, but I am pleased with the way it turned out and the client loved it.

Here's a link to Shrek

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=872483

Cake_Princess

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:59pm
post #109 of 164

Ok here is my "it" cake .. I made this cake just short of six months after learning how to even bake a cake! I had no classes under my belt and I had not even logged onto CC at that point! It was in a wilton cake book and I told my husband I was going to make that for my parents 35th wedding anniversary .. and I did! Thanks for looking!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_16327.html

lara3teach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lara3teach Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:33pm
post #110 of 164

Wow! And again, Wow!!! Amazing talent here on CC. I'm still very new to this and I don't have an 'it' cake yet. But I just want to say how much I've enjoyed seeing everyone else's cakes. thumbs_up.gif

bgbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bgbaker Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:41pm
post #111 of 164

I couldn't pass this one up ! My favorite cake I've done was for my best friend who is the biggest Elvis fan ever. When she turned 50, her daughters and I gave her a Blue Hawaii themed birthday bash. The "title" of the cake was Vic and Elvis leaving Graceland , going to Blue Hawaii ! It took me 9 hours to do this cake ,and I will never do another one ! It has so many different things on it and I used plastic parts, fondant, cardboard, pictures and even a postcard(the Gates of Graceland). The cake is my version of Graceland ! Elvis on the motorcycle was a magnet and aI cut out a picture of Vic when she was 14 , at Graceland, and glued it behind the motorcycle ! I finished it at about 3:00 that morning and collapsed on the couch...she loved it !
LL

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:03pm
post #112 of 164

So far, my favorite cake has always been the one I've just finished. Each new cake seems to become my new favorite! Here's my most recent cake & my current fav.

Bec
LL

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #113 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_pastry

So far, my favorite cake has always been the one I've just finished. Each new cake seems to become my new favorite! Here's my most recent cake & my current fav.

Bec

I love this cake! I'm going to go comment in your gallery and add to favs icon_biggrin.gif

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:36pm
post #114 of 164

I also love the spiderman cake... I'm attempting the Jack Sparrow rip off this weekend (wish me luck!) If it turns out, that'll be my "it" cake... but for now, it's usually the most recent one that I do... I just can't pick an older one for some reason, they get better & better each time I do one... for now it's my race car.
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 8:36pm
post #115 of 164

Auntie Griselda is my favorite cake to date. Strawberry sour cream cake, with strawberry buttercream and my first try at covering a cake with fondant. It was a thank you cake for a neighbor...
LL

ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 10:43pm
post #116 of 164

My favorite cake I have made so far has been my daughters 30th birthday cake. I spent a whole week making the flowers. She loves the tropics and I wanted the cake to have that feel. It is buttercream icing smoothed with Viva paper towels, then airbrushed green. The topper and the side plaque are mints, I wrote on the plaque with buttercream. She loved it!!
The cake a few posts back from bgbaker, the Elvis' Graceland cake was for my birthday!! Please let me tell you it was amazing!!! I was absolutely shocked when I seen it!! And it was delicious! I HATED to cut it.
LL

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 10:57pm
post #117 of 164

here is my favorite...I now am in love with Black fondant!!!
LL

nicolevoorhout Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:02pm
post #118 of 164

Beezaly, I love the way you did the lettering on that cake it looks so cool, how did you do it? icon_biggrin.gif

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:07pm
post #119 of 164

I just wrote the letter in blk w/ tip 5 and then went over it in pink with tip 2 to give it detail. The curls on the side are royal icing (and a pain in the butt!)

And thank you so much!!! I had the most fun with this cake and I really like how the colors turned out!! icon_biggrin.gif

nicolevoorhout Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:14pm
post #120 of 164

Wow, you freehanded it too! *sigh* I'm so not worthy icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%