What's Your 'it' Cake?

Decorating By Lybby2000 Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 12:15am by nickymom

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:15pm
post #121 of 164

This is my favorite that I have done. I made it for my family last Christmas. I also took second place in the Taste of Home Cake Contest with this entry. I'm very proud of this creation!!
LL

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:30pm
post #122 of 164

I change my mind a lot with which is my favourite of the moment but for now it is still this one. icon_lol.gif
LL

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm
post #123 of 164

There is such incredible talent on this site...please know that its appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

I think my favorite would have to be my very first "novelty" design...my "Box of Chocolates" Cake. I would like this to be my signature cake. I recently did it in Silver, red, and white and it was gorgeous!
LL

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:37pm
post #124 of 164

Aine2, your cakes are so amazing I have no idea how you choose a favourite! icon_biggrin.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:44pm
post #125 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine2

I change my mind a lot with which is my favourite of the moment but for now it is still this one. icon_lol.gif

That cake is so cute! I'm guessing each person in the bridal party is represented there? lol I love that idea icon_biggrin.gif

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:53pm
post #126 of 164

This is my "it cake". It was made for my 11yr old nephew.....who is a gum monster. Needless to say he loved it.
LL

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:55pm
post #127 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolevoorhout

Wow, you freehanded it too! *sigh* I'm so not worthy icon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gif It took alot of practice. I also do alot of scrapbook writing! That is a great way to get some practice in!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:04am
post #128 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenatea

This is my favorite that I have done. I made it for my family last Christmas. I also took second place in the Taste of Home Cake Contest with this entry. I'm very proud of this creation!!

I recognized that cake right away! My grandma sent me that article (as she knows I am obsessed with cakes!) You shoulda won with that one! Fabulous!

PatricesPieces Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #129 of 164

Thank you Merissa...This is my first published cake, so i'm happy. It will be great for my business. Going to frame this one!! lol

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:58am
post #130 of 164

Serenatea-

Omigosh!!! I LOVE this cake!!! My husbands Grandmother got this out of the magazine b/c she knows I love cakes...

when I saw the article my 1st thought was-you should have been 1st place! Wasn't the snowman cake 1st? I thought yours was better!!!

Beautiful cake!!!

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:05am
post #131 of 164

My 'it cake' is definately my DH's birthday cake I made in June. There were several firsts for me....first time to use candy molds, first time to use luster dust, first time to create 'things' with fondant. I had so many hours into this cake, and my family just thought it was over the top, seems like everything was going right on this cake, lol.
LL

PatricesPieces Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:02am
post #132 of 164

Thank you Beezaly....You made my night!! I'm still a bit in shock, but i'm loving it. It validates that getting my business up and running is what I should be doing.

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 6:37am
post #133 of 164

My "it" cake has to be this lambeth one, I'm so dang proud of it icon_lol.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-gallery_display_877543.html

Suzy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy40 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 7:22am
post #134 of 164

I have a lot of favourites
But this one I love a lot at the moment
Keep on wanting to do it again
Some of your pics have really blown me away
LL

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 7:34am
post #135 of 164

LaSombra, I have to say when I saw your cake at first I jumped back in my chair because all I could think was "WOW." Beautiful job. I can see why you would be so proud.

There were so many other cool cakes too. You guys have to be among the most talented in the world. Here's my favorite.
LL

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:04pm
post #136 of 164

I havent made that IT cake for myself yet I think I will be this weekend looking forward to doing this one

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:05pm
post #137 of 164

WOW!!!! There's a lot of amazing cakes on this thread!

Ok, my best cake is probably the dragon from my avatar but I'm going to post a more recent one.

Courtney
LL

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:18pm
post #138 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenatea

I KNEW I had seen that cake on CC! It's beautiful! Nice job and congratulations!

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:23pm
post #139 of 164

I forgot if I posted on this thread or not but this is the cake I have received the most requests for. Hope you like:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=452303

icon_biggrin.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:28pm
post #140 of 164

This isn't my favorite, but my most challenging which taught me a lot! Being my daughter works for MAC cosmetics and our last name is MacDonald, I like how it all tied in!
LL

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:32pm
post #141 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

My favorite cake is my favorite only because of all the hand coloring I had to do. Crouched over that bad boy for hours with a paintbrush and edible ink!! Ugh! But it turned out good, and I love it. I am tempted to remake it in a different pattern!

I just LOVE this cake too!!

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:33pm
post #142 of 164

Oh wow.......these cakes are great! And although mine don't compare to these great ones yet. Here is the one I am most proud of so far and also my favorite. It was so much fun to make!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=733443

imaginecakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:35pm
post #143 of 164

I would have to say the Father's day fishing cake in my pics...soooo much work! But it was worth it in the end!

P.S. Beautiful cakes everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

imaginecakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:38pm
post #144 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by katerpillrgrl

LaSombra, I have to say when I saw your cake at first I jumped back in my chair because all I could think was "WOW." Beautiful job. I can see why you would be so proud.

There were so many other cool cakes too. You guys have to be among the most talented in the world. Here's my favorite.

This is a beautiful cake!!

imaginecakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:39pm
post #145 of 164

Suzy40...I LOVE your cake!!

kayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayscake Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:44pm
post #146 of 164

I am always in such awe of all the wonderful cakes on CC. I wish I had more time and request to do more than the ever popular sheet cake. My carriage cake is my most popular cake, I am ask daily if I can ship it (?). I am proud of it but it is not my own design (wilton). I think my favorite cake is right now is my spongebob cake because it was the first time working with fondant, and I was very happy with how it turned out.
LL
LL

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:56pm
post #147 of 164

I I'm only 14 so I know my cakes are not nearly as good as you guys but I really like the way the way these two turned out (sorry could not choose between them icon_redface.gif )

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_771953.html
and
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_712643.html

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:43pm
post #148 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy1993

I I'm only 14 so I know my cakes are not nearly as good as you guys but I really like the way the way these two turned out (sorry could not choose between them icon_redface.gif )

and

If you're doing that kind of work at the tender age of 14...girl you've got talent icon_biggrin.gif. Keep it up!

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 6:11pm
post #149 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy1993

and

If you're doing that kind of work at the tender age of 14...girl you've got talent icon_biggrin.gif. Keep it up!

I agree! They're both beautiful. Better than a lot of the cakes I've done at my tender age of.. *covers mouth and mutters a number*

Keep up the great work!! Those are just beautiful.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 9:07pm
post #150 of 164

Aww thank you guys so much, you are making me blush! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%