Best Tasting Cake Ever!!!!

Decorating By hnogden Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 10:49am by LearningCurve

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:59pm
post #121 of 190

Thank you sooo much for this receipe for the white chocolate raspberry creamer cake... I made it last night and put white choc. raspberry filling and covered in raspberry buttercream frosting and people at my work are going NUTS for it...

SOOOOO yummy!

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:11pm
post #122 of 190

So since I could only find chocolate raspberry creamer, do you all think it will still taste ok with white cake, raspberry filling, and regular buttercream? Or, do I need to switch to chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream? I've never made chocolate bc, so I hope you all think regular bc will be ok.

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:11pm
post #123 of 190

This sounds so good! I can't wait to try it! Thanks all for sharing.

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:14pm
post #124 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherly30

So since I could only find chocolate raspberry creamer, do you all think it will still taste ok with white cake, raspberry filling, and regular buttercream? Or, do I need to switch to chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream? I've never made chocolate bc, so I hope you all think regular bc will be ok.

I think that sounds wonderful. I havent tried it with the regular chocolate rasbperry let us know if it is good.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:20pm
post #125 of 190

OK, I am finally getting a chance to make the WASC cake. I just put it in the oven. I used the ingredients in the recipe as called for with the exception of substituting half of the water with the White Chocolate Raspberry creamer and used Almond emulsion instead of extract. I can tell ya that I had to taste the batter (normally don't do this) and it was heavenly. Can hardly wait for it to be done. Get back with ya in a bit to let you know the results icon_smile.gif

Heatherly30 Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:22pm
post #126 of 190

i'll be the guinea pig. how far in advance can i make the raspberry filling? we'll be eating the cake sunday. also if anyone has ideas for simple, yet elegant decor of the cake, please share!

hnogden Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:28pm
post #127 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherly30

i'll be the guinea pig. how far in advance can i make the raspberry filling? we'll be eating the cake sunday. also if anyone has ideas for simple, yet elegant decor of the cake, please share!

If you are gonna be eating it sunday...when are you gonna be putting it together? The filling needs to be completly cool before you place it on the cake. and it holds up well in the fridge for a while. Ill be making mine this morning and putting everything together tomorrow.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:32pm
post #128 of 190

Okay, I'm a nut case icon_lol.gif

I put 2 2/3 cups of the creamer replacing all the H20. But my word, it was sooooo good!!! icon_lol.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:34pm
post #129 of 190

this is the one!!

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:34pm
post #130 of 190

I'm a total newbie to cake decorating and it's taking over my LIFE! lol. I just wanted to say thanks for the WASC recipe and creamer idea........I'm baking a mother's day cake for Sunday and decided to use this recipe. Just baked the cake this morning and judging by the scraps I sampled, it's a total WINNER! Absolutely love it. I'll be doing a creme filling with white choc pudding and raspberry preserves. Can't wait to put it all together icon_biggrin.gif

hnogden Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:37pm
post #131 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorienSkye

I'm a total newbie to cake decorating and it's taking over my LIFE! lol. I just wanted to say thanks for the WASC recipe and creamer idea........I'm baking a mother's day cake for Sunday and decided to use this recipe. Just baked the cake this morning and judging by the scraps I sampled, it's a total WINNER! Absolutely love it. I'll be doing a creme filling with white choc pudding and raspberry preserves. Can't wait to put it all together icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome and have tons of fun here. That sounds totally delish. Let us know how it turns out and dont forget to post a pic. PM me and I will let you know where to send a slice. lol icon_biggrin.gif

Heatherly30 Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:40pm
post #132 of 190

hnogden...i planned on baking the cake and decorating tomorrow. So it sounds like I should be ok to make the filling today. Just let it cool completely and then refrigerate? Thanks a lot. Like I tell my kids, I'm ready to rock n roll! Just gotta figure out how I'm gonna decorate this thing...

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:01pm
post #133 of 190

I'm new to this addicting website also and I must say that I learn something new everytime I log on! I just read all 10 pages of this thread and want to thank everyone for all of their info and advice!! I've always been a boxed-cake-mix kind of girl--it's more fun to decorate than bake for me-- but I'm gonna get busy on this recipe right away! Can't wait to try it! You guys rock!

butternut Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:09pm
post #134 of 190

I just took my WASC cake out of the oven. I used a little over 7 cups of batter in my 9x13 pan just like I usually do. It did not rise as well as my boxed cakes normally do. I don't know if this has been mentioned before but next time I make one, I'll put more batter in the pan. It doesn't brown like my regular box cake mix batters but it seems to be done in the right amount of time and it sure smells good......

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:29pm
post #135 of 190

i can't wait to try this. BUT i have a question, does anyone else usually use milk instead of water? and Butter instead of oil? will this mess up the recipe at all???
I hope my family likes it, they are so stinking picky. i am too, very but i'm willing to try anything new in the cake world only. icon_wink.gif
Also, making this Rich Cream Filling is it expensive? my Heavy cream is almost $5. and i never, ever use it all since i don't make cakes that often. suggestions?

thanks!
Kat

oh and i wanted to say when i "save" is to keep it in my posts. I don't like using the watch topic feature cause of all the emails i get.

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:38pm
post #136 of 190

butternut.........I had no problem with mine rising really well. In fact, I had to do a little leveling because the crowns were so nice and high. I didn't half the recipe and the whole recipe fit nicely into 2 9x13's. Mine were golden and pulling away from the pans around the edges and just slightly golden on the tops. Did you notice the lower baking temp of 325? If you accidentally missed that and baked them at 350 (which I almost did!) it might be the reason for yours not rising as well...? Dunno, but just a thought.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:50pm
post #137 of 190

Where do you get the recipe for the raspberry filling?

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:52pm
post #138 of 190

OMG!!! This sounds wonderful!!! Just what I needed for Mother's Day!!! You guys ROCK!!!! I would have never thought of using the creamer....my mind is racing with all the different combos you can do.....I can't wait to go to the store tonight! Thanks a million!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

butternut Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:07pm
post #139 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorienSkye

butternut.........I had no problem with mine rising really well. In fact, I had to do a little leveling because the crowns were so nice and high. I didn't half the recipe and the whole recipe fit nicely into 2 9x13's. Mine were golden and pulling away from the pans around the edges and just slightly golden on the tops. Did you notice the lower baking temp of 325? If you accidentally missed that and baked them at 350 (which I almost did!) it might be the reason for yours not rising as well...? Dunno, but just a thought.

Hey there. Yea, I did bake it at 325 but it just didn't rise quite as well as my normal cakes. Maybe because I substituted some of the water for the creamer? It really wasn't that much of a difference, I just know to add a bit more batter when I make it this way. Who knows it's been so long since I've made a cake that there is always a possibility that I just forgot how much batter I usually use in my 9x13 icon_lol.gif

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:41pm
post #140 of 190

I've made the WASC lots of times but I have always added at least a teaspoon of baking powder to the dry ingredients. I just figured that with the added flour and sugar, it could stand a bit more leavening. My cakes always rise flat and level with the Magic Line pans that I use. There are so many factors as to why a cake doesn't rise. Old cake mix, oven temp. is off, too many pans in the oven at one time and I'm not sure if this would effect it or not but I've always made sure everything was at room temperature (eggs, sour cream). Good luck! I'm baking this cake tonight with the White Chocolate Raspberry Creamer and can't wait to try some! icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #141 of 190

I use cream and 1/2 and 1/2 in my BC so which would I switch out with the white chocolate raspberry creamer?

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:53pm
post #142 of 190

wgoat5,

If it were me I'd switch it for the 1/2 & 1/2 as I think whipping cream helps make your icing fluffy!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:46pm
post #143 of 190

Thanks Christeena icon_biggrin.gif

Heatherly30 Posted 11 May 2007 , 10:10pm
post #144 of 190

I posted this in another forum on CC, but I'm getting no hits. hnogden, you've helped me out so much thus far. Could you, or anyone else familiar with this recipe help me out...

For the first time, I have made the Raspberry Filling recipe.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cak.....lling.html
It says that as it sets it will be a jelly consistency. Mine has been sitting and setting for about 4 hours, and it is a tad bit thicker than syrup. How long does it need to set? What should I do to thicken it up? Add more corn starch and water mixture? It tastes great, but it is not thick at all. HELP!

hnogden Posted 11 May 2007 , 10:16pm
post #145 of 190

Heatherly30. If you placed the cornstarch slurry in and brought it to a boil let boil for a few min till it thickens, let it cool to room temp and then place in the fridge. Think of what happens to gravy when you put it into the fridge after thanksgiving. IT turns to jello practically. If for some reason this does not work you could add some more thickener.
Just place the raspberry filling back into the pan let it come up to heat. Add the extra thickener, bring to a boil. (remember thickeners of any kind dont reach their full strength until they have boiled.) Let boil for a min and then cool to room temp and throw in the fridge again to cool completly.
Hope this helps.

Heatherly30 Posted 11 May 2007 , 10:27pm
post #146 of 190

thank you, thank you...i will refrigerate and see what happens!

Tawana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tawana Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:52pm
post #147 of 190

Ok. I rushed out to Walmart after reading this post. Got the White Chocolate Raspberry and rushed home and made cupcakes.

You have to try it!!!!! This is so delicious!!!!! My new favorite recipe.
I will be substituting some of the other flavors they have as well.

Thanks, hnogden for sharing this information!!!!! party.gif

NickyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickyA Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:29am
post #148 of 190

I am going to try this with my next cake!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:32am
post #149 of 190

Oh oh oh oh -- guess what I found today!!! icon_lol.gif The White Chocolate raspberry creamer at Farmer Jack!!! icon_lol.gif When I got it home and opened it, I tasted a little and it was awesome!! I don't normally even like the flavored creamers, but this one and the Coconut one were to die for!! I can't wait to try this cake!! Thanks again for sharing!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:46am
post #150 of 190

I know most have posted reviews after trying this creamer in the WASC but has anyone tried the White Chocolate Raspberry creamer in a scratch cake recipe yet? I would like to hear some compare the finished flavor results with that of the WASC and scratch yellow or white cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%