Best Tasting Cake Ever!!!!

Decorating By hnogden Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 10:49am by LearningCurve

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:24pm
post #91 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbolin

Thanks hnogden for this awesome recipe twist. I just finished making this cake only I used regular coffemate creamer in place of 1/3 cup of water and I used the rich filling recipe on CC for the filling. The cake, filling and BC icing together made an awesome combination.

I'm going to make the WASC cake on Friday. I'm thinking about making the Rich Cream filling and I was wondering what flavor pudding you used? Also, did you add any special flavorings to your buttercream icing? Thanks sooooooo much..

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:46pm
post #92 of 190

Okay, I was at ACME last night and couldn't find International Delight's White Chocolate Raspberry (Limited Edition). BUT!!! I found Coffeemate's Chocolate Raspberry flavor. Good thing is it's not limited edition, which means they'll be having it for a long time. I think? Maybe? Anybody wanna confirm this? icon_biggrin.gif

markbolin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markbolin Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:22pm
post #93 of 190

butternut. I used vanilla pudding in the filling recipe. For the buttercream I just used vanilla extract for flavor and it turned out delicious.

butternut Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:26pm
post #94 of 190

THanks markbolin. I'm thinking about adding some white chocolate to the WASC batter and then for the filling use white chocolate for the pudding, then my regular buttercream icing. Whatcha think?

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:46pm
post #95 of 190

sounds yummy!! cant' wait to try it! icon_biggrin.gif

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 8 May 2007 , 5:29pm
post #96 of 190

I'm in the Midwest (IN) and my local Meijers had the White Chocolate Raspberry Creamer so I bought 8 bottles and stuck 7 of them in my freezer! Can't wait to try it this weekend! I have a castle cake to make and since I have to cut a bit away for the turretts, I'll get to taste some!! Poor me!!!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 8 May 2007 , 5:47pm
post #97 of 190

ooh sounds yummy! I just wish it didn't have hydrogenated oils in it - I don't get that at all. But it's cake - it's not healthy to start with, right? I wish they made a coffee creamer w/out the hydrogenated oils though...... icon_sad.gif

Thanks for sharing - did you post the recipe in the recipes section?

aemoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aemoore Posted 8 May 2007 , 5:56pm
post #98 of 190

WASC sounds YUMMY! Would it be good for Petit Fours? I've been having trouble finding a cake that's dense enough, but still moist (other than a pound cake).

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:29pm
post #99 of 190

OK, I just found the White Chocolate Raspberry creamer as well as the White Chocolate Macadamia. I found it at Food Lion. Don't know how many of you may have a Food Lion where you live but I thought I'd pass it along. They also have Pumpkin Pie creamer if anyone is interested in that one. Now I'm happy.. icon_biggrin.gif

Badeerah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Badeerah Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:32pm
post #100 of 190

I just came from the market and they had a boat load of the White Chocolate Raspberry Creamer I bought ten of them, wish I could have bought them all. I haven't even made the cake yet but I definetely trust all of you guys. So if anyone lives near a Pathmark they had it in my area, so stock up.

Newbieone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbieone Posted 9 May 2007 , 8:53pm
post #101 of 190

Is this a powder or liquid?

pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:22pm
post #102 of 190

They are talking about the liquid. icon_smile.gif

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:46am
post #103 of 190

has anyone tried to freeze it? I looked on the container and it says not to freeze - but we all know how rules are meant to be broken. ..

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:50am
post #104 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana

has anyone tried to freeze it? I looked on the container and it says not to freeze - but we all no how rules are meant to be broken. ..

I froze it and It was fine. It didnt loose any flavor or get funky in any way. I would freeze it in an ice cube tray and then you can just pull out as many as you need.

aliviasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliviasmom Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:17pm
post #105 of 190

I'm planning on trying this cake for the first time without creamer, b/c i don't have any. I'm using the whipped rich cream filling with cheesecake pudding and with blackberry filling. I'll let you know how it turns out! I love blackberries and cheesecake!

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:00pm
post #106 of 190

Alright, I gotta try this for my mother's day cakes. So, if I am making a full recipe of the WASC, I will have 2 cups water, and 2/3 cups white chocolate raspberry creamer? Is that right, or do I omit the water altogether? Also, I don't care much for almond extract, so if I omit it, do I need to add extra vanilla, or just follow the directions of 2 tsp vanilla? Can't wait to try this one. Packing up the kiddos and heading to Wal-Mart right now. Keep your fingers crossed that they have this awesome creamer!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:10pm
post #107 of 190

I think you would replace all of the water with the creamer. And instead of almond extract sub with the vanilla it is ok icon_biggrin.gif

hnogden Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:12pm
post #108 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherly30

Alright, I gotta try this for my mother's day cakes. So, if I am making a full recipe of the WASC, I will have 2 cups water, and 2/3 cups white chocolate raspberry creamer? Is that right, or do I omit the water altogether? Also, I don't care much for almond extract, so if I omit it, do I need to add extra vanilla, or just follow the directions of 2 tsp vanilla? Can't wait to try this one. Packing up the kiddos and heading to Wal-Mart right now. Keep your fingers crossed that they have this awesome creamer!

That is it exactly. I wouldnt replace all the water with creamer. That would be alot of creamer to use and it might change the texture of the cake. I dont have almond extract so I only use the vanilla and it is wonderful.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:20pm
post #109 of 190

Aaah, creamer envy...

We rarely get the "fun" flavours of coffee creamers up here in the Great White North. *sigh* The most exciting flavour we get is Southern Butter Pecan, which, although tasty, doesn't rank up there with white chocolate raspberry.

I do have some coffee flavourings, though, that you just add a few drops to your cup of coffee to flavour it - maybe those would work! Hmmm....I have coconut creme and butter rum....I sense an experiment coming on!

Heatherly30 Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:21pm
post #110 of 190

so then do you use 2 tsp vanilla, or 4 tsp vanilla (to replace the 2 tsp almond)? I am also planning to use the Rich Cream Filling recipe (raspberry filling). Is that the recipe you use?

hnogden Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:23pm
post #111 of 190
Quote:

so then do you use 2 tsp vanilla, or 4 tsp vanilla (to replace the 2 tsp almond)? I am also planning to use the Rich Cream Filling recipe (raspberry filling). Is that the recipe you use?

I only use the 2tsp vanilla and the raspberry filling on this site.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-Raspberry-Filling.html
I havent heard of the Rich Cream Filling is it any good???

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:30pm
post #112 of 190

hnogden so its a 1/3 cup creamer then the rest water? Full recipe WASC

Heatherly30 Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:33pm
post #113 of 190

Alright, I will try this filling recipe. I will have more ?'s later, I don't understand some of the lingo (I'm not an Emeril level chef/baker) Thanks for your help! Don't know if I can wait till Sunday to eat it though!

hnogden Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:35pm
post #114 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

hnogden so its a 1/3 cup creamer then the rest water? Full recipe WASC

Ok here is the recipe I use
2 boxes white cake mix
2 C Flour
2 C sugar
1 1/2 tea salt
8 Egg whites
2 C water
2/3 C creamer
4 TBSP oil
2 C sour cream
2 tea vanilla
(I usually put 2 small boxes of pudding in for the whole recipe, but this is totally optional. Makes the cake more dense and moist. If you do use the pudding add it with the rest of the dry ingrediants before you add the liquid. I left out the almond extract because I dont have any)

hnogden Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:38pm
post #115 of 190
Quote:

Alright, I will try this filling recipe. I will have more ?'s later, I don't understand some of the lingo (I'm not an Emeril level chef/baker) Thanks for your help! Don't know if I can wait till Sunday to eat it though!

This filling is wicked easy, just dont forget to strain it to get out the seeds. Also I dont add the lemon juice (not a huge acid fan). If you want it to be really thick use 6 Tbsp cornstarch

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 10 May 2007 , 9:06pm
post #116 of 190

So I'm mixing up this cake today and for some reason I added almond and creme bouquet. That's what I put in my buttercream and I think my mind just isn't there today! icon_cry.gif I think I'm losing it. I tried a little bit when it came out of the oven and I couldn't even taste the raspberry. I am sooooo mad at myself!!! EEEERRRRRR! icon_mad.gif I'm making a pirate ship with it so I made three 9x13s, that would be 2 full batches, so one layer will be the screwed up on, one layer will be the correct one and one layer will be them mixed together. I wasn't about to make a whole other batch! I really hope it tastes ok. Now I have to figure out if I should color my buttercream brown or do I dare try chocolate buttercream with this????? What do you all think?

hnogden Posted 10 May 2007 , 9:25pm
post #117 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

So I'm mixing up this cake today and for some reason I added almond and creme bouquet. That's what I put in my buttercream and I think my mind just isn't there today! icon_cry.gif I think I'm losing it. I tried a little bit when it came out of the oven and I couldn't even taste the raspberry. I am sooooo mad at myself!!! EEEERRRRRR! icon_mad.gif I'm making a pirate ship with it so I made three 9x13s, that would be 2 full batches, so one layer will be the screwed up on, one layer will be the correct one and one layer will be them mixed together. I wasn't about to make a whole other batch! I really hope it tastes ok. Now I have to figure out if I should color my buttercream brown or do I dare try chocolate buttercream with this????? What do you all think?

I think it sounds yummy and as for the buttercream...chocolate goes eith everything.......ok maybe not broccoli, but most everything else.

Heatherly30 Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:15am
post #118 of 190

Could not find the right creamer. Went to Wal-Mart, 2 Kroger stores and Meijer. I feel fortunate that Meijer had chocolate raspberry creamer. Anyone used this? It smells yummy, so I assume it will take good too. It is chocolate colored (brown), so my white cake won't be white. Oh well. I re-read the raspberry filling recipe and I think I get it. I didn't understand "slurry" in the recipe, but I am assuming that it is the cornstarch and water mixture.

Now that I know what kind of cake I am making, I have to figure out how to decorate it. Better get to the galleries.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:22am
post #119 of 190

Wow, i have to go to the store tommorrow. I wasn't so happy about going but now I am, YEPPIE!!!!!

pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:15am
post #120 of 190

Well, I can't see ready these 9 pages and not trying it myself!

So, I go to the store yesterday and completely blanked on what flavor was mentioned here. And they had SO many at my store! I ended up getting Chocolate Raspberry by Coffee Mate (they only had 2 Int'l Coffee flavors).

I'm all excited when I get home and check CC...and it was supposed to be WHITE Chocolate Raspberry. Ah well.

I still couldn't wait to try it and just made a box yellow cake and substituted 1/4 cup of the water with the creamer. Iced with chocolate frosting. YUMMY! So moist and a nice hint of raspberry. Probably a bit more in a chocolate cake would be smashing!

Must go back and buy more! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%