If You Can't Say Something Nice....

Decorating By lh Updated 2 Jun 2007 , 4:03am by prterrell

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:35pm
post #31 of 64

Just looked at your site. The rude comment is now gone. I truly think that person should not be able to post here any more. Your purse is great. Don't take it personnally from the child. Who has to grow up quite a lot to understand real art work done in sugar.

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:10am
post #32 of 64

That cake is very pretty! You did a great job! icon_biggrin.gif I had something like this happen when I first came on CC, someone left an ugly comment on a picture. I was really hurt, at first but I didn't know what to do about it, and it was gone the next day. I'm assuming someone else reported it, because I didn't know to do that. I'm glad the nasty comment is gone now!!!

wykenzmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wykenzmom Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:21am
post #33 of 64

Geeeshh...I can't believe someone did that! Your cake is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 4:21am
post #34 of 64

Beautiful purse cake! You did a great job!

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 4:25am
post #35 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdcakes

That cake is very pretty! You did a great job! icon_biggrin.gif I had something like this happen when I first came on CC, someone left an ugly comment on a picture. I was really hurt, at first but I didn't know what to do about it, and it was gone the next day. I'm assuming someone else reported it, because I didn't know to do that. I'm glad the nasty comment is gone now!!!

I just peaked at your cakes, there is absolutely NOT a picture in there that I would even come close to calling it ugly. That stuff sucks, we already are hard on ourself with our cakes, and then to have someone just get mean/rude about your cake...it just sickens me. I am sorry you had that happen to you=( Your cakes are beautiful! Jen

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:17am
post #36 of 64

lh, I can tell you right now your cake does not SUCK!

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:35am
post #37 of 64

It's a lovely cake--I really mean that!

I'm sorry someone hurt you like that.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 8:06am
post #38 of 64

First off, let me say that your cake is wonderful. thumbs_up.gif Then, I'll share w/ you that this happened to me once, too. I don't know how old the person was that left me their insensitive comment, but I was so hurt. We DO plotz over our cakes and then to have someone bash our hard work is so rude. I'm glad you posted a thread about it; all I did was get upset, take down more than half my pics and fume on my own... It took me a week to get over it and feel comfortable again w/ CC. I shouldn't have taken it out on CC, but I felt betrayed. How childish am I? icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif I had a couple of CC members pick up me up and I'm over it (now to re-post the photos again that I had deleted--someday icon_rolleyes.gif ).

Keep up the beautiful work thumbs_up.gif

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 8:32am
post #39 of 64

Sounds like someone was jealous, and posted that rude remark because of their own insecurity issues. They probably didn't even have any photos in their photo album...haha.

I see nothing wrong with that cake...you did a lovely job on it!

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 11:53am
post #40 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbeeBaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdcakes

I just peaked at your cakes, there is absolutely NOT a picture in there that I would even come close to calling it ugly. That stuff sucks, we already are hard on ourself with our cakes, and then to have someone just get mean/rude about your cake...it just sickens me. I am sorry you had that happen to you=( Your cakes are beautiful! Jen

Thanks, Newbee! I'm okay now! I'm on here all the time & seeing all the fabulous cakes/creations inspires me. I just put it down to rude people. I don't have a bit of problem with constructive criticism, that's why we're here, to learn, right? thumbs_up.gif

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:14pm
post #41 of 64

Your cake is awesome, keep up the good work!!

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:25pm
post #42 of 64

I think your cake looks great too... What a terrible thing that someone would be so critical. Even though I'm sure we all see cakes that are not exactly to our taste, as decorators we should at least appreciate the effort and creativity that someone put into making it... I guess this person just needs to learn to not say anything at all if they don't like someone's creation!

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:26pm
post #43 of 64

Remember that it's a free site, free to join, so people who make those types of comments may or may not even know anything about cake decorating, or even care for that matter! It's sort of a plague of forums and such that we have to deal with occasionally - the rude uninvited guest who just comes around to spread misery because they think it's funny. I'm inclined to think that's what this is simply because of the nature of the comment, and the fact that the cake does not, in any universe, suck!

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:26pm
post #44 of 64

i think its a beautiful cake...it looks like a real purse. great job and ignore the immature comment. some people just have no manners or common sense!!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #45 of 64

Your cake is beautiful.
The poster seems to be doing this often. I saw the same comment on another member's cake picture. the cakes are beautiful but i guess they feel the need to be rude.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:30pm
post #46 of 64

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Your cake is GREAT! Hey, I agree with the poster that said because you TRIED you've already SUCCEEDED!

Also, agree that this sometimes happens with our move into a High Tech world. Someone put a RUDE comment on our CHURCH Website! In fact, if I remember correctly, it was "This website sucks" ON A CHURCH WEBSITE! Oh yeah, we deleted it.

I must also say this. Fifteen year old people are old enough to know what IS and IS NOT appropriate! If they are not going to "play by the RULES of this site" then I am sorry....they should have a LOOONNNGGGG Time Out!

Beth in KY

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #47 of 64

That person must've meant it as an acronym:

Super
Unbelieveably
Creative
Kick-butt
Satchel

icon_biggrin.gif Stacie

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #48 of 64

lh, all your cakes are great, I love the purse the handle is awesome I love your flowers.

Like another poster mentioned the nasty comment is gone.
I feel so bad that someone was able to get on CC with such an attitude, sometimes people that should not be permitted enter I understand that they are everywhere, I thank CC for keeping this place safe and clean of such disrespect.

If you see a cake and have nothing nice to say, that is what you do, leave it alone. If you have a positive constructive comment, then that is fine but negative comments are not needed in any way.

There is enough negativity in this world, we dont need it with out cake!

Good Luck.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #49 of 64

What a great creation. You are truly a very talented person.

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #50 of 64

lh - first, your purse is great! But I know that like the rest of us, we put so much into our cakes that we are anxious to share it with our CC friends and when someone says something so rude - it is hurtful and I am sorry someone - no matter what age - hurt your feelings. That said - and please forgive me if this offends anyone, there should be some sort of age requirement to be able to participate in the forums/comments arena - for example, must be 18. Again, i am sorry if this offends anyone - especialy eagerlearner - who seems to be a very mature and kind young person.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #51 of 64

Your cake is fabulous!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:38pm
post #52 of 64

What a POSTIVE person you must be MacsMom! GREAT turnaround!

Beth in KY

mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:41pm
post #53 of 64

WELL.....I LIKE IT, ESPECIALLY THE CLEAR HANDLE AND BOW!!! A GREAT JOB.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:47pm
post #54 of 64

Beautiful cake! The fact that your cake is a favorite of 8 cc members and viewed nearly 300 times indicate that this person is wayyyyyy off base. These kinds of comments are counterproductive to what cc is all about. I wonder if Jackie and Heath know about this. It has happened to someone else too. Can't remember her name. But you're right, if your going to say you don't like it then tell why and maybe even suggest ways to improve.

goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:49pm
post #55 of 64

Are you sure this wasn't from the same person who put a bad comment on someone's baby cake. This person was very very new and this was the only comment. Having said that, If the person that commented on your purse did it for attention or laughs, then he or she is getting just what they wanted. Just consider the source and move on. I think your purse is great. I can't imagine anyone from this site, who has been a member for any amount of time would be so rude. icon_evil.gif

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:53pm
post #56 of 64

Shame shame on whoever wrote that for whatever reason.... there is no excuse for rude, bad manners. thumbsdown.gif I think you did a lovely job on the cake. It's very pretty. Don't let this one person's thoughtless remark discourage you... continue making and designing beautiful creations. thumbs_up.gif

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 3:00pm
post #57 of 64

I know how hurt you must feel. When I first started posting my cakes (I am an amateur and tell people that) everyone was so kind, then one person wrote that one of my cakes looked like a little kid put it together (all with incorrect spelling, etc.). It really hurt my feelings, especially since the cake was for a hospice patient who really was cheered up by it. Your cake looks great. Don't be discouraged.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 3:36pm
post #58 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobartwo

I know how hurt you must feel. When I first started posting my cakes (I am an amateur and tell people that) everyone was so kind, then one person wrote that one of my cakes looked like a little kid put it together (all with incorrect spelling, etc.). It really hurt my feelings, especially since the cake was for a hospice patient who really was cheered up by it. Your cake looks great. Don't be discouraged.

I saw your cake and it would take an extremly talented kid to put that together. I love it. I think it looks great.

As for the purse cake I think it was wonderful. I know that it has been said before but, if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all. I think that if for some reason you don't like someones cake than tell them in a mature way what you think and tell them "this would look nice" or "you can try doing that" . We are here to support each other but to also help each other, we learn something new everyday. even the best of the best have something to learn. I by no means am the best of the best, but I learn something new here from all the creative decoratotrs here. So if someone has critticism than by all means say it but don't hurt people's feelings. How would they have liked it if someone said something mean about what they have done.

Don't let this bring you down. YOu know life's biggest failer isn't failing at what you do. It is failing to do what you want to do. You have to keep on and just shake it off. You know that you do great work so don't let this bother you.

We have alot of encouraging people here take and run with it.

VIcky

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:24pm
post #59 of 64

Beautiful cake! Sorry you went though all the brouhaha!

mcataylor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcataylor Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 9:36pm
post #60 of 64

Oh! Some people!!!! We just need to ignore them.

VERY beautiful purse. I love the flowers and the quilting pattern. Very vintage looking! ISn't vintage all the rage nowadays??? icon_wink.gif

Great work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%