Please Take A Look And Give Me Honest Feedback!

Decorating By gibson Updated 15 May 2006 , 4:51am by gibson

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:28am
post #1 of 40

HI

I was practicing for an order I have for Saturday she wants around 50 cupcakes in a "springy" theme. I know I still need to work on my flowers but any pointers would be wonderful!
This was IMBC with yellow cupcakes. For her order I will do some chocolate (would chocolate taste good with IMBC?) and some french vanilla filled with a twinkie like filling I got from a wonderful CC member! with IMBC icing.
I'm just curious how long can IMBC stay out for safely?

Please let me know what you think! Anything I can do differently, any different flowers I could try to do?

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

39 replies
gibson Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:33am
post #2 of 40

Couldn't upload the picture so please look in my photos........... icon_lol.gif

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:34am
post #3 of 40

I think your cupcakes are very nice the only thing I see that I would add is a thin crumb coat because you see to much cake around edges of flowers... but other than that I think BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! and she will LOVE! but so much work... WOW hope your getting paid well.

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:44am
post #4 of 40

Those are gorgeous. Hope you are being well compensated for all that work.

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:48am
post #5 of 40

That's the prettiest cupcake I have ever seen!!!!! Great job!

gibson Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:53am
post #6 of 40

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

Helendelk: I don't know why I didn't do that, thanks I will do that for the order! and glad you're back!

I might motify these a bit come time to decorate them again.......we'll see.

I was going to charge $1.50 per cupcake....is that too much? I think it might be.........

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:06am
post #7 of 40

My base cupcake is $1.50. For as much and as beautiful a job as you are doing on each, IMO that is too low. I would charge minimum $2.50 or $3.00 for that much decoration. For $1.50, I would only do 1 rose and a few leaves per cupcake.

BellaRosa

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:26am
post #8 of 40

OMG gibson, I definitely think your cupcakes are worth at least $2.50 each; they are simply AWESOME.

You might want to check out: www.yummycupcakes.com

And now for something completely different....

BellaRosa I just love your avatar! (My dh is a marine, been out for a long time though.) Semper fi

And a big thank you and God bless to all the members of the Armed Forces and their families!!!

Darra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darra Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:31am
post #9 of 40

beautiful!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:35am
post #10 of 40

YOu better not only charge 1.50 for those.. OMG that is way to much work girl! Dont give them art gallery work at a garage sale price! lol
I say 2.50 at least, I mean come on they are AWESOME!
Thanks for the welcome back... only home for a few days then back up there again... You know how it goes!
Anyway DONT UNDERSELL YOUR TALENT GF!!!

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:37am
post #11 of 40

Your cupcakes are gorgeous. I agree that you should add a little coat of icing directly on the cake and you should definitely charge more. If you've already quoted her a price I would just tell the customer that you gave her some type of discount (maybe first time order discount) and that way the next time you can definitely charge more!!!!

daisysn2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisysn2001 Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:41am
post #12 of 40

icon_surprised.gif Those are probably the most beautiful cupcakes I have seen. I do agree with the others though that a thin crumb coat to cover the cake would be nice. Wonderful Job, she will love them.

mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:50am
post #13 of 40

Your cupcakes are FANTASTIC!!! I agree with icing the cupcake too. Hope you do charge more than the $1.50. Your cupcake are worth a lot more.

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 11 May 2006 , 1:47pm
post #14 of 40

fantastic looking cupcakes thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 11 May 2006 , 1:52pm
post #15 of 40

Just gorgeous!!! Definitely charge more...with confidence!!

Angie

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:00pm
post #16 of 40

I think that you should be charging more also....You have worked way too hard to only make that amount of money....have you figured out how much you paid in supplies? and how much you really earned? I agree with bush1, tell your you gave her a discount for some reason and cost everything out....and prices are a little different that the US.....

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:03pm
post #17 of 40

I must say your cake is beautifully done and you should charge satisfied amount.

Love the flowers.

Nitu

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:10pm
post #18 of 40

They look great!

Deb

carflea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carflea Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:13pm
post #19 of 40

WOW THOSE ARE WONDERFUL. I would die if i got those.... I didn't read but i hope you will charge at least 2 dollars per cupcake prob closer to 3

MsLaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsLaura Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:15pm
post #20 of 40

Beautiful job, Love the flowers.
I agree with everyone else, you should charge more.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:16pm
post #21 of 40

Wow, they are fantastic. I would also charge more.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:20pm
post #22 of 40

wow great cupcakes!!!!! you put lots of work into those!!!

Lorris

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:31pm
post #23 of 40

First of all, I LOVE your cupcakes! They are so very pretty!!! And I know this is a dumb question but you said you used IMBC, I know that is butter cream icing but exactly what does the IM in the IMBC stand for? I know, I know, like I said dumb question but I would like to know. Thank you

gibson Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:55pm
post #24 of 40

Dordee: Not a dumb question at all! I used to wonder the same thing! It stands for Italian Meringue Butter Cream.

Does anyone know how long these can stay out or do they need to be refrigerated? I put some in the fridge last night and now the icing is pretty hard must be all the butter in the icing. Will it still taste good? I'm on a diet so I can't even try one of them icon_cry.gif . I'm using my husband's taste buds but he eats anything so it's hard to go by.

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments and I will put a crumb coat on the batch I do for my customer.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:45am
post #25 of 40

gibson- I love your cupcakes! I was going to ask how you liked the twinkie like filling but then you mentioned the whole diet thing, so how did your DH like the filling? LOL

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:49am
post #26 of 40

Just beautiful!!! What tip did you use for the leaves?

gibson Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:52am
post #27 of 40

I actually haven't made it yet........I will be making it tomorrow and i can't wait I'm sure he can't either LOL! I'll let you know what he thinks..it's so hard not to eat the stuff we make! This is the third week of the diet and I could really use a sugar high!

Maybe you can help me with this million dollar question.....how long can IMBC stay out of the fridge for? and if I decorate the cupcakes the night before and have to put them in the fridge overnight will they still taste good in the morning? You know, because the icing gets hard like butter....

Please help!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:56am
post #28 of 40

gibson,
just realized that I gave my opinion of your cupcake on the gallery. So, sorry abou that. I made a remark about the blue roses, which are lovely roses...I just have a thing against blue flowers.

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
They really are pretty little things.

I'm with everyone else, better up that price or the orders will lock you in the kitchen every weekend.

mommachris

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:59am
post #29 of 40

On Martha today or was it yesterday, anyway, they talked about cupcakes from professional high end New York bakers. They charged 3 bucks a cupcake for a BASIC cupcake. I think you could at least get 3 a cupcake.

Rachel

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 12 May 2006 , 5:06am
post #30 of 40

Sorry I can't help with the IMBC question. But I was wondering if you plan on using the cupcake tree you pictured. If so, those are really dressy cupcakes, I like to dress up the tree alittle. The crinkle paper you get to put into gift bags--place it between the layers but not in the cupcake hole. It will fill in the "holes" and you won't see the tree so much. I think it completes the tree.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%