Hate Fondant But...

Decorating By carflea Updated 11 May 2006 , 9:17pm by cakerlady

carflea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carflea Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 13

Have you tried Satin Ice. icon_lol.gif OMG this stuff is sooo good. If you are in a jam and need to get fondant but don't have time to putz with making it.... thumbs_up.gif Use satin ice. I havnt tried the chocolate stuff but they say it tastes like tootise roll icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
cakerlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerlady Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 13

Where do you get it?

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 10 May 2006 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 13

Most online cake suppliers carry it. I have gotten mine from www.thebakerskitchen.com. They have a good price and all the colors that it comes in. You can also call the maker directly (Satin Foods I think. Just do a search for Satin Ice) and they will send you a free sample if you want to just see what it tastes like.
Heather

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 10 May 2006 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 13

Chocolate tastes GREAT! I Love the stuff!!!

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 13

There is a recipe for it, actually two, in the recipe section. Has anyone tried to make it and does it taste the same?

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 13

The recipe is not for Satin Ice, it's called Satin Icing. I don't like it; it uses lemon juice, which is very strong, and the icing gets crumbly the longer you wait to use it.

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:33pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks Kimanalynn, good to know.

Genna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genna Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 13

Wow, what a great site to order from! Cheaper than sugarcraft & the specialty store accross town. Thank you!

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:37pm
post #9 of 13

I want everything on the first page!!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 13

Hey, thanks for the info!!!

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:58pm
post #11 of 13

I LOVE Satin Ice and the chocolate fondant is soooooo yummy! If you want to purchase fondant and you want some different colors beyond the primary ones..try this website. The price is a bit higher than $9.95. I usually buy my Satin Ice from Country Kitchen. But these are cooler colors and flavors and pastels, and they are white chocolate flavored!! http://caljavaonline.com/fondant1.htm

carflea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carflea Posted 10 May 2006 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 13

thanks for adding ladies. this really helps. I'm going to email satin ice soon to see what kind of samples i can get : )

cakerlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerlady Posted 11 May 2006 , 9:17pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you so much for the information. I just made my first cake with Wilton Fondant and it looks pretty but ewwwww- the taste!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%