What Do You Like To Decorate Best Cakes Or Cookies?

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 5 May 2005 , 8:07am by lastingmoments

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 May 2005 , 7:17am
post #1 of 19

I myself like to do cakes. I don't have the patience I need to do cookies. It takes to long for me. But I sure love to eat them!

18 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 4 May 2005 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 19

I have yet to try my hand at cookie decorating...but soon. I got myself some decorating bottles that wilton tips can fit on... I can't wait! Hmmmm something to try today icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 4 May 2005 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 19

I've bought a lot of cookie cutters and all I can seem to think about is how I can use them to decorate a cake--LOL! I'll have to say I like decorating cakes better.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 May 2005 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 19

Cakes for sure.... cookies are for those who have more patience... I dont....

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 19

I love cake decorating. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mouse
Where did you get those bottles that the wilton tips can fit on? I would love to try that!

m0use Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

I love cake decorating. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mouse
Where did you get those bottles that the wilton tips can fit on? I would love to try that!

http://www.kitchengifts.com/ found this site from another post on this forum, I ended up spending almost $10 fpr one 8 oz bottle and one 2oz bottle and with S&H..
http://kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KCI&Category_Code=baking-decorating they are on this page and they are called "SqueezIt Mold Painter", scroll down towards the bottom to find them. They come with one plastic tip, but like I said the wilton tips do fit on them. I tested it by putting a tip on the bottle and then screwing the collar bake on, will work like a charm. (Then I put it on.) Hubby was not too happy that I bought them, but since I kept it under $10 he was not too mad.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:23pm
post #7 of 19

Hi sugarcraft has these bottles too, and I think they are less expensive there. You'll have to look for them, they seem to try to hide everything! Anyway, you might want to check sc too. Janice

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:23pm
post #8 of 19

I have to say that I really like decorating both but I get to me creative more times over with doing cookies and if I mess up, I just eat it and try another one icon_biggrin.gif I find the cakes are more gratifying because so much work really goes in to it and the cookies are a fun thing for me to do, either way, I just love to decorate anything edible thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 19

Sqirvan, I never thought about it like that, getting to eat the ones that get messed up! That would be almost enough to get me to bake cookies, but not quite! Cookies take too long, I get tired of fooling with them! Janice

m0use Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:34pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Hi sugarcraft has these bottles too, and I think they are less expensive there. You'll have to look for them, they seem to try to hide everything! Anyway, you might want to check sc too. Janice

Wow, they must hide them because I could not find them anywhere and I looked under where I thought they might be because I know they have their sorting of things a little screwy. Well, if I find them or someone else finds them, can you post where you found them? Post the path that you took to find them, that way other people know where to find them too, thanks.
m0use

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:57pm
post #11 of 19

Thanks guys! I'll try looking for those bottles too.

veejaytx Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:58pm
post #12 of 19

Hi, on Sugarcraft home page, I did a Search This Site it is right beside where it says Photo Cakes (it goes to Google) enter Squeezit Bottles and the first entry there is for the Squeezit Bottles. They are under "Candy Related Tools". I got two 8 oz ones at $1.69 each and two 2 oz ones for $1.99, I ordered some other things so I don't know what the shipping would be.
These all can use regular icing tips, and there is also a set of tips you can order. Janice

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 4 May 2005 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 19

i sorta like both, but it depends...cookies are great when you want to do something with the kids.

LAA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LAA Posted 4 May 2005 , 5:49pm
post #14 of 19

I love doing cakes and cookies. I tend to get a little frustrated with cookies only because my cookies don't hold there "intended" shape. Is this because I am not rolling my dough thin enough?

Lisa

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:09pm
post #15 of 19

LAA,

It may be the cookie recipe you are using. I have an excellent rolled cookie recipe. The cookies hold there shape; I do, however, put my rolled out cookie dough in the freezer before cutting out my cookies. PM me if you would like the recipe.

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:12pm
post #16 of 19

I like to decorate both cakes and cookies, but if I had to choose, decorating cakes would definitely win. I did enjoy working with the mmf on my Easter cookies. I am definitely going to do the rolled sugar cookie and mmf combination again...great to work with and yummy.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 May 2005 , 3:41am
post #17 of 19

Sgirvan... you are the cookie queen in my book!! Your cookies are so pretty!! I couldn't eat them cause I'd mess up your designs!!! I bet they are real yummy!!! Great job!!

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 5 May 2005 , 5:04am
post #18 of 19

icon_lol.gif thanks Turtleshell, those are very nice comments. I am still new to all of this so I love to practice. Cookies do take a lot of time and patience and I can atest that when I don't really have time or just want to do something quick they aren't all that great but they taste great icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. About the cookies not holding their shape, it is probably the recipe and it has too much sugar in it. Sugar gives the cookie spread so if there is too much or it is too soft your cookies will spread and not hold their shape. I also have 2 yummy recpies that I use, one of them is from Cookieman and has a taste that is crossed between a sugar and shortbread cookie, let me know if you would like them

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 5 May 2005 , 8:07am
post #19 of 19

me tooooooo i have tons of cutters but I always want to use them for cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%