Wilton Cake Contest

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 4 May 2005 , 6:14pm by diane

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 May 2005 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 8

http://www.wilton.com/contests/yourtakeoncake/2005/overview.cfm

Wow..I feel a little intimidated about entering this contest, but those with more confidence go for it!!! Just thought you would like to know!
I entered the cakecentral's mothers day contest because I feel like a family here.. Wilton, I feel a stranger to them..sorry wilton fans.

7 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 May 2005 , 5:14am
post #2 of 8

You should enter it Briansbaker! You did win one on Ladycakes forum didn't you?? Go for it!!! I'm like you about Wilton... it's not like CC!!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:33am
post #3 of 8

THanks I will have to keep this in mind....

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:40am
post #4 of 8

Yeah, I agree with you about the Wilton forum. It just doesn't seem as friendly as this one..just my opinion. I think there are quite a few people on this forum that create cakes that could win the Wilton contest. I only hope to be as good as you all someday. Good luck to everyone who enters the contest.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 4 May 2005 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 8

woohoo, yes I did win a cookbook from ladycakes.com.. Thanks Victoria, the book is amazing!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 4 May 2005 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 8

ladies, i am thinking about entering that contest, but i have never enter a cake contest. be honest...do i stand a chance with the other cake decorators.
seems to me that some of them are pros. icon_surprised.gif

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 8

Diane,

You do fabulous work. I will give you the same advice that my mom gave me a long time ago..."You never know what you can do until you try to do it." I say that you should enter if you want to. Don't worry about if someone else is more experienced than you. If you do your best, then you should be proud of it no matter what.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 8

sweeterbug you have one smart momma!!! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%